Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was there a balancing/hidden update?

Question Was there a balancing/hidden update?

It feels like a few tweaks were made behind the scenes. Queen's AI is still rubbish... but the troops seem to be more confused as to what to attack. Also, the single target inferno seems to melt slightly faster.

Is it me or has anyone else noticed this? Or am I crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFeldy View Post
    It feels like a few tweaks were made behind the scenes. Queen's AI is still rubbish... but the troops seem to be more confused as to what to attack. Also, the single target inferno seems to melt slightly faster.

Is it me or has anyone else noticed this? Or am I crazy?
    Queen loves to shoot walls and they reverted the ai of the queen

All of my replays are still available. When troop AI changes are made or any changes that would be different in a replay (which isn't actually a replay) they disappear. So I'm gonna guess, no.

Quote Originally Posted by ZanderG View Post
    Queen loves to shoot walls and they reverted the ai of the queen
    The AI of the queen was PARTIALLY reverted... [a while ago already, nothing recent/hidden I think]

Millennial Club
    I wouldn't think so. SC has been very open when they make changes. Its one of the things I like about how they run the game. The few times the didn't mention something....it was figured out fairly quick (there's alot of good programmers/IT people that play this game)...so there's not much incentive about "hiding" changes.

Banned
    You're not crazy.

The Queen's AI has changed. Where before she could be used as part of the kill squad to dispatch enemy CC troops, now it appears she is entirely oblivious to them. Mine chooses to shoot anything that isn't a threat several tiles away instead of the Electro in double Poison and frozen by the Iggy it just killed RIGHT OVER HER STUPID TWIT HEAD.

It has gotten so redundant I changed my army comp to add 5 wizards to do her job. Apparently SC believes the Queen should be assigned only to Queen Walks around the perimeter.

Having the Queen AI changed to do something smart is apparently on the sticky of "Ideas Ruled Out by SC."

On troop pathing/targeting give it a couple days. If it returns to normal, watch for it to go haywire again. Mine (as well as many others in my clan) does this on Sunday-Monday. Another guy in the clan has a Tuesday-Wednesday cycle of troops going full-on stupid.
    Last edited by InnerBunny; May 7th, 2019 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InnerBunny View Post
    Having the Queen AI changed to do something smart is apparently on the sticky of "Ideas Ruled Out by SC."
    Love this quote
    \\\\\ TH12 - JAMESTOWN #28JUUQOPQ TH12 - MASTER MASON #PUQJR29V /////

Quote Originally Posted by Opt1musPr1me View Post
    All of my replays are still available. When troop AI changes are made or any changes that would be different in a replay (which isn't actually a replay) they disappear. So I'm gonna guess, no.
    Why is it that people fail to understand this somewhat obvious indication of an AI change?!

However to suggest that SC is entirely transparent about the changes they make is optimistic at best. Usually they will tell you one of the many changes they have made and neglect to mention a few others that were 'bugs fixes'

Banned
    Yeah. Just did two war attacks with 2 minis, both TH10s using the same army I have been using for months. Last week, those were 3* attacks on harder bases. This week they were barely 1*.

Things different I noticed:

°Hogs don't seem to have as much health and/or Xbows are now dealing more damage again.

°Queen disregards CC troops even when 1 tile away for trash buildings (especially storages) that are within range. She also abandons the core penetration/kill squad for distant trash on perimeter, even when everything that would be in range is funneled away.

°Once hogs cleared defenses, they *used* to attack any hero/Skelly hitting them. Now, they attack skellies, but just watched an entire group run right by the Queen shooting them (she was closest thing to them) to hit on a dark elixer pump across the base while the Queen decimated what last week would have killed her and cleaned the base.

[In fact, watching replays, the process seems to be that if there is *any* target in range *other than* a hero or cc troop, attack the *other* thing first. Watched it on CC draw and lures. Watched it on base cleanup where hogs now ignore the Queen.]

Yes, something is clearly different and SC is *not* forthcoming with tweaks.

It's like showing up to a chess tournament and when white goes to move the rook, the judge then informing him "it doesn't move that way anymore" and leaving it up to the player to "figure it out" mid battle.

Not a good business model, SC.
    Last edited by InnerBunny; May 8th, 2019 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InnerBunny View Post
    Yeah. Just did two war attacks with 2 minis, both TH10s using the same army I have been using for months. Last week, those were 3* attacks on harder bases. This week they were barely 1*.

Things different I noticed:

°Hogs don't seem to have as much health and/or Xbows are now dealing more damage again.

°Queen disregards CC troops even when 1 tile away for trash buildings (especially storages) that are within range. She also abandons the core penetration/kill squad for distant trash on perimeter, even when everything that would be in range is funneled away.

°Once hogs cleared defenses, they *used* to attack any hero/Skelly hitting them. Now, they attack skellies, but just watched an entire group run right by the Queen shooting them (she was closest thing to them) to hit on a dark elixer pump across the base while the Queen decimated what last week would have killed her and cleaned the base.

[In fact, watching replays, the process seems to be that if there is *any* target in range *other than* a hero or cc troop, attack the *other* thing first. Watched it on CC draw and lures. Watched it on base cleanup where hogs now ignore the Queen.]

Yes, something is clearly different and SC is *not* forthcoming with tweaks.

It's like showing up to a chess tournament and when white goes to move the rook, the judge then informing him "it doesn't move that way anymore" and leaving it up to the player to "figure it out" mid battle.

Not a good business model, SC.
    As others have said, all replays are deleted when AI changes.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.