Thread: Running a successful CW battle

Running a successful CW battle

My clan has increased from 23 to 38. 15 v 15 in CWL

we have one TH12, two TH11, three TH11, twelve TH9, ten TH8, six TH7 and five lower.

my thoughts are 35 v 35 in next CW in three days time. We currently match attacks by mirror 19 v 19 6 v 6 etc.

Can you give me any advice advice on how to manage such a large number of Clans. Is there a better way to manage who attacks who

Matching is going to throw up such a varied shape of TH opponents

thanks
    Fat Finger Farm - Leader - Creative Fat Farm - #U0CRCQV
    Level 131, Town Level 43, 135 / 141 Achievements

Clash of Clans - Fat Kitty Stars - Fatfinger TH7 - Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfinger View Post
    My clan has increased from 23 to 38. 15 v 15 in CWL

we have one TH12, two TH11, three TH11, twelve TH9, ten TH8, six TH7 and five lower.

my thoughts are 35 v 35 in next CW in three days time. We currently match attacks by mirror 19 v 19 6 v 6 etc.

Can you give me any advice advice on how to manage such a large number of Clans. Is there a better way to manage who attacks who

Matching is going to throw up such a varied shape of TH opponents

thanks
    Hi, fatfinger!

some clans with that kind of range in town halls experience less than ideal clan wars match ups and sometimes long search times.

If the lower town halls are not quite ready for war, I would leave them out.

if you are trying to be inclusive and supportive, then tough it out.

is the th12 rushed for donations? You may want to consider leaving it out.

as far as who hits who, much depends on ability. If someone can smash and grab by hitting up, it will give someone else a better chance down lower

there is much to consider!
    Last edited by WussyPuss; May 7th, 2019 at 07:29 AM.
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

As Wussy has already posted, you may have some very long search times, and/or unusual match ups. Having a wide range of town halls, means it will be tougher to find other clans with a similar line up.

I'd give it a try, and see what you end up with. But if it doesn't work, you may be better off doing something like 'one war for low levels, one for high levels, then one combined war'

In terms of war planning, it will depend one what you face. If you are outmatched down low, your bottom bases will be more helpful scouting the high enemy bases (or looking for bases with an exposed town hall, so they can snipe it) - this depends on the clan mentality, and how much time you are prepared to put into organising war plans each time.

i don't think there's a 35v option so I'd suggest you drop all but two of the th7 and try that. otherwise drop the top 3, and bottom 2 and do th10 down.

like others said with a large distribution you're going to have to be more flexible with attack assignments as mirror will often not work at the bottom, unless you just want to force bases to waste attacks.

in our clan i know everyone's skill level and do specific assignments based on this knowledge. i do allow them to trade bases so long as both members agree to switch.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    Hi, fatfinger!

some clans with that kind of range in town halls experience less than ideal clan wars match ups and sometimes long search times.

If the lower town halls are not quite ready for war, I would leave them out.

if you are trying to be inclusive and supportive, then tough it out.
    I agree with this. One thing we have done in a similar situation is to omit the top 2 or 3 TH levels and having a lower-only war. If you have, say, one TH10 on top, then with your TH12 to donate sieges and your other big bases to donate good troops your clan might have a decent shot at winning even if your lower folks are not very good.