Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I start upgrading defenses now?!?!?

Millennial Club

Should I start upgrading defenses now?!?!?

So I rushed a new account to th12 for seige machines basically. I started a new account back in November took about 5 months for me to get it to th12 but I accomplished what I was trying to do. Now I am able to help the only other th12 we have in our clan with SM donations.

Since my focus on this account was getting to th12 asap, I intentionally left all the defenses at lvl one. I poured gold into walls, teslas and traps; used DE for my heroes, and the only troops I upgraded in the lab was what i used for farming which was barch. Once I maxed my barch i started to pour elixir into my GW, heal spell and miners (for de farming).

Now that I've made it to TH12 my plan is to fix it now. Here's the following specs of this account:

KING 16, QUEEN 16, GW 7

Walls 264 lvl9, 36 lvl10.
    All defenses are lvl 1
    Teslas (3) lvl 5 (2) lvl 6
    Traps: (6) bombs lvl4, spring trap (2) lvl 1 (6) lvl3, (6) giant bombs lvl 2, (6) air mines lvl3, (6) seeking air mines lvl 1, (3) skeleton traps lvl 2 and tornado trap lvl 2.

My lab is lvl 10, both spell factories are maxed, seige factory maxed, cc maxed, and one of each barracks is maxed as well.

Army Camps three are lvl 8 one is lvl 9 so currently I can hold 245 when attacking.

I know I have a long way to go before this account is anywhere near decent defensively. The thing I am wondering now is do I start upgrading defenses or wait until all of my walls are lvl 10 then start knocking those bad boys out.
    Last edited by DJluv2013; May 6th, 2019 at 01:15 AM.

Upgrade defenses and heroes. Work on lab. Walls will come.

Pro Member
    My suggestion, focus on offense.

Continue to pour elixir into GW and max camps ASAP. The extra troops will help with both farming and CWL attacks (if your clan lets you participate). Upgrade barracks if you can to reduce training time.

Upgrade defenses when you can (as mentioned walls will come). However, do not let yourself max out loot with no builder available. So if youíre going to start an upgrade, make sure to build walls if you wonít need gold/elixir for another upgrade soon (time out the upgrades and how much you expect to farm).

As for the Lab, I would keep it running constantly. You have barch maxed for framing, so I would pick a war army to max out next (miners is good for de farming and war as well so was a good second choice).

For de, pump into heroes when you can or save for a de troop upgrade you want. Plenty of good de troop options to be used in war/donating to clan mates.

I have a th 12 that came from a def max th 10. so not nearly as rushed as your account, but still rushed. It has some max offensive options and defense is upgrading as I can. It performs well in CWL as I can hit other 12s well enough and 11s arenít too much of a problem.

Good luck in getting this base up to par. Itís always nice to have a donation account so you can always give troops to yourself at a moments notice.

What's going to suck for you is that when you start having to save for bigger defenses / heroes and your storages exceed the lootable limits, you'll get flattened by other TH12s because your defenses are so weak. Flattened every time. Keep 2 of your resource types low while saving the third, so maybe you'll be less attractive. Plan on doing marathon sessions to get that 3rd resource high enough to dump into an upgrade.

Like this...?

Iím focused on offense. Got ElectroDragons to L3 and now I am working on Lightning and Balloons, and the last Army Camp upgrade. Eventually, I might upgrade the defenses but for now, theyíre low priority.
    Last edited by Noctaire; May 6th, 2019 at 03:41 AM.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Oh jeez, I do not envy you OP. Good luck!
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv18, 727 fair play wins and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    Like this...?

I’m focused on offense. Got ElectroDragons to L3 and now I am working on Lightning and Balloons, and the last Army Camp upgrade. Eventually, I might upgrade the defenses but for now, they’re low priority.
    Nice one Noc!

But that lv.5 Giga Tesla in an all lv.1 defenses base is really bothering me..
    My slight OCD can't handle it..

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    Like this...?

Iím focused on offense. Got ElectroDragons to L3 and now I am working on Lightning and Balloons, and the last Army Camp upgrade. Eventually, I might upgrade the defenses but for now, theyíre low priority.
    Yeah that minus the walls mines are lvl 9 mostly with a few being lvl 10. And my traps are various lvls (i believe traps makes a huge difference especially considering the fact that the difference between a dead base and an active one is traps are typically not activated.)

The only troops that are maxed is barch on that account and my miners are currently lvl 5 heal spell lvl 6, so one more lvl left on both of those before they are maxed, planned on doing edrags next and then maybe rage and balloons.

Centennial Club
    That base will take years to fix

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by zank44 View Post
    My suggestion, focus on offense.

Continue to pour elixir into GW and max camps ASAP. The extra troops will help with both farming and CWL attacks (if your clan lets you participate). Upgrade barracks if you can to reduce training time.

Upgrade defenses when you can (as mentioned walls will come). However, do not let yourself max out loot with no builder available. So if youíre going to start an upgrade, make sure to build walls if you wonít need gold/elixir for another upgrade soon (time out the upgrades and how much you expect to farm).

As for the Lab, I would keep it running constantly. You have barch maxed for framing, so I would pick a war army to max out next (miners is good for de farming and war as well so was a good second choice).

For de, pump into heroes when you can or save for a de troop upgrade you want. Plenty of good de troop options to be used in war/donating to clan mates.

I have a th 12 that came from a def max th 10. so not nearly as rushed as your account, but still rushed. It has some max offensive options and defense is upgrading as I can. It performs well in CWL as I can hit other 12s well enough and 11s arenít too much of a problem.

Good luck in getting this base up to par. Itís always nice to have a donation account so you can always give troops to yourself at a moments notice.
    I'm leader so being able to participate in CWL wouldn't be an issue, typically I just sit on the roster during CWL with that account (mainly because it'll be an easy 3*) and fight in regular clan wars. This current CWL i was forced to include it when one of our fellow clan mates didnt attack in war 1&2 so they were swapped out on the 3rd.