Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I start upgrading defenses now?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by WerewolfXS View Post
    Just like every base will take years to Max.....

I think ppl still think too much on the max every th style of play, now that we have cwl ppl should start to let it go, this account that has max barch can farm just like any th12 and will lose almost the same loot as my max th12.

Good luck on farming with this account, th12 is a lot of all resources to farm.... Luckily I am done with that until I active farm my rushed 11
    That.

Paying attention to defenses in multiplayer is pretty useless: You will loose your resources anyway when attacked (well, most of the time).

My accounts all play in the highest league they can manage (except my TH 12 which I keep dropping to titan 3 due to clouds), and I know that once I get attacked, I loose resources. In order to make up for that, I have to raid more then I get raided, there is nothing more about it then that. The only place where defense matters is in clan wars.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    Mass goblins, farm dead bases, ezpz. If you want to add a little punch to the core for fat bases that are alive, add giants & wizs to the mix.

Btw, just a side note, you don't have to start every thread ending with ?!?!?. It is as if you are "shouting", just like how all CAPS is like.
    I did not know that, wasn't trying to yell. I merely do that to grab others attention

That's a tough one. I would recommend you to make a second account, really, it's mutch simpler that way. Keep your th12 one for donations only.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSk View Post
    That.

Paying attention to defenses in multiplayer is pretty useless: You will loose your resources anyway when attacked (well, most of the time).

My accounts all play in the highest league they can manage (except my TH 12 which I keep dropping to titan 3 due to clouds), and I know that once I get attacked, I loose resources. In order to make up for that, I have to raid more then I get raided, there is nothing more about it then that. The only place where defense matters is in clan wars.
    That really depends on which trophy range you are in. If you are in the lower trophy ranges as a decently upgraded TH12, most of the time you end up without a shield for long periods of time or have people dump trophies on you for free defence wins. You may be fat in resources, but players may not choose your base to raid because there are plenty of easier targets to choose from. The beauty of the next button. Also, people at this trophy range attack with weak farming troops, so your upgraded defenses do protect your resources to a certain extent. However, in the higher trophy ranges, people will raid you even if you are not so attractive in resources because the league bonus as well as the aim is to trophy push, so resources become secondary. Heavy war armies are used in high trophy ranges as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    That really depends on which trophy range you are in. If you are in the lower trophy ranges as a decently upgraded TH12, most of the time you end up without a shield for long periods of time or have people dump trophies on you for free defence wins. You may be fat in resources, but players may not choose your base to raid because there are plenty of easier targets to choose from. The beauty of the next button. Also, people at this trophy range attack with weak farming troops, so your upgraded defenses do protect your resources to a certain extent. However, in the higher trophy ranges, people will raid you even if you are not so attractive in resources because the league bonus as well as the aim is to trophy push, so resources become secondary. Heavy war armies are used in high trophy ranges as well.
    Fair point, I always have played in higher leagues as I dislike barching too much :-)

Quote Originally Posted by vlix View Post
    Nice one Noc!

But that lv.5 Giga Tesla in an all lv.1 defenses base is really bothering me..
    My slight OCD can't handle it..
    LOL. Yeah...me too, but I needed somewhere to put the Gold. I’m going to start working on some of the other high end stuff as a Gold dump (EA) then probably knock out defense in general. After the June update hits, I plan on running another L1 TH12 hyper-rush as a video series.

Quote Originally Posted by DJluv2013 View Post
    Yeah that minus the walls mines are lvl 9 mostly with a few being lvl 10. And my traps are various lvls (i believe traps makes a huge difference especially considering the fact that the difference between a dead base and an active one is traps are typically not activated.)

The only troops that are maxed is barch on that account and my miners are currently lvl 5 heal spell lvl 6, so one more lvl left on both of those before they are maxed, planned on doing edrags next and then maybe rage and balloons.
    Believe it or not, I actually like running full blown armies to farm at TH10 and up, so I haven’t done very much with the traditional farming troops. Since I have been relying primarily on non-farming resources for the upgrades, I decided to get the beefiest troop in the game maxed - ElectroDragons. I really only farmed up through TH8; the rest has been done with medals, CWL winnings, Clan Games winnings, collectors, and so forth.

QUOTE=DJluv2013;12190786]Trophy wise where are you, coming up as a rushed account i was in gold and raided with maxed barch looting was plentiful. Now I've made it to Masters 1. Loot isnt that bad but most of the time it's in the storages up there compared to how it was when i wad in gold and crystal. So I've been using mass miners instead of barch now.[/QUOTE]

Masters is a drag; I like Crystal. Like I said, though - I’m not really raiding much. It sits at 2001 trophies as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Realtruth View Post
    That base will take years to fix
    LOL. You must be in the maxer camp. The game doesn’t need to be “fixed”. It has L3 EDs which get it by just fine in clan wars. Surprisingly, it does NOT get 3-starred all the time - in the current CWL, for example, it’s been 3-starred once and 2-starred twice; in farming wars, it gets attacked as soon as it comes off shield and has only been 3-starred twice in 2 weeks (most defeats are 1-star and there are plenty of 0-stars in the log as well).

And when I start maxing the defense, it will take next to no time at all to turn the game into a real contender as a regular, rushed game. Right now, it is a L1 defending TH12; in maybe a month’s time, I could make it into around a L8 defending TH12 and by the end of a year, it would easily be equal to a TH11 game with maxed, TH12 key defenses and troops. And the best part of it all - this game is only a few months old. I built it to see how long it would take to generate a Siege Machine donation account from scratch.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    LOL. Yeah...me too, but I needed somewhere to put the Gold.

I built it to see how long it would take to generate a Siege Machine donation account from scratch.
    I poured gold into my walls instead.

I started this account for the very same reason, but i dont currently have a th12 outside of this one. My main is a th10 needed it mainly to donate every troop to my self and SM to myself and other clan mates that need it as well.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Menschweint View Post
    That's a tough one. I would recommend you to make a second account, really, it's mutch simpler that way. Keep your th12 one for donations only.
    A second account, i started this account back in November as a 10th one. I am well beyond second account.

I've accomplished what i wanted to do which was quickly get to th12 to help out with SM donations in my clan.

I kinda like the challenge of having to fix it now and look forward to the journey.

Trainee
    My Suggestion for you is: 1-stick to a good clan because these days a good clan is treasure specialy in your case 2-save DE as you can and participate in CG and if you can buy some pack with HEROEs BOOK in it 3-Start defence updating with Archer tower

why are all these 'max every TH' people caring about defences.
    get out a little, its may 2019, not nov 2015.
    maxxing every TH has become obsolete for real progress since the dec 2015 update, unless you just want a perma max base for every TH