Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I start upgrading defenses now?!?!?

Forum Legend
    3 builders on Heroes, if you can keep that going.

The last two builders go around doing short builds. (Always shortest)

Try to get the camps, cc, collectors and the barracks maxed.

You are on an (almost) endless path of defeat and it'll be some time before people don't 3 star you every single defence.

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-17.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by zank44 View Post
    My suggestion, focus on offense.

Continue to pour elixir into GW and max camps ASAP. The extra troops will help with both farming and CWL attacks (if your clan lets you participate). Upgrade barracks if you can to reduce training time.

Upgrade defenses when you can (as mentioned walls will come). However, do not let yourself max out loot with no builder available. So if you’re going to start an upgrade, make sure to build walls if you won’t need gold/elixir for another upgrade soon (time out the upgrades and how much you expect to farm).

As for the Lab, I would keep it running constantly. You have barch maxed for framing, so I would pick a war army to max out next (miners is good for de farming and war as well so was a good second choice).

For de, pump into heroes when you can or save for a de troop upgrade you want. Plenty of good de troop options to be used in war/donating to clan mates.

I have a th 12 that came from a def max th 10. so not nearly as rushed as your account, but still rushed. It has some max offensive options and defense is upgrading as I can. It performs well in CWL as I can hit other 12s well enough and 11s aren’t too much of a problem.

Good luck in getting this base up to par. It’s always nice to have a donation account so you can always give troops to yourself at a moments notice.
    I agree, this is the best upgrade path to take

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Realtruth View Post
    That base will take years to fix
    623 days and 2 hours according to clashtracker, but thats not factoring in magic items from clan games and hammers from CWL.

265 on heroes
    478 on buildings
    What's going to take the longest is the lab (1020 days) given there's only 1 of those and as things progress in the lab some jobs take a whomping 2 weeks to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by DJluv2013 View Post
    623 days and 2 hours according to clashtracker, but thats not factoring in magic items from clan games and hammers from CWL.

265 on heroes
    478 on buildings
    What's going to take the longest is the lab (1020 days) given there's only 1 of those and as things progress in the lab some jobs take a whomping 2 weeks to complete.
    I'd say you know where to focus those magic items... Best of luck with getting the base on par. I was lucky, I had a max TH10 that I plunked from 10 to 11 to 12 for donation purposes.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    3 builders on Heroes, if you can keep that going.

The last two builders go around doing short builds. (Always shortest)

Try to get the camps, cc, collectors and the barracks maxed.

You are on an (almost) endless path of defeat and it'll be some time before people don't 3 star you every single defence.

/Affront
    Yeah i get destroyed but that doesnt bother me that much and i kinda expected it anyway so it is what it is.

My cc is maxed. Still got 1 lvl left on gold & elixir storages as well as gold mines and elixir collectors too. DE storage currently upgrading to max and de drills are all lvl 5 now (one is upgrading to lvl 6 currently).

Army camps are maxed for th10 lvl, in the process of upgrading to th11 lvl, one is already lvl 9, got another one in the process of upgrading to lvl 9 once it is done I'll drop the next one and so on and so on.

The barracks is definitely behind only 1 of each is maxed outside of that the other dark barracks is lvl 2 and the other barracks are lvl 8 and two are lvl 7.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    I'd say you know where to focus those magic items... Best of luck with getting the base on par. I was lucky, I had a max TH10 that I plunked from 10 to 11 to 12 for donation purposes.
    I didn't want to rush a good account though, i had multiple accounts to choose from tbh when i started that account i had 9 that one made 10. But i typically like maxing my accounts and didnt want to screw up the ones i already had. So for me it was easier to just start from the beginning and fix it once I made it there.

I am looking forward to the challenge though.

Quote Originally Posted by Realtruth View Post
    That base will take years to fix
    Just like every base will take years to Max.....

I think ppl still think too much on the max every th style of play, now that we have cwl ppl should start to let it go, this account that has max barch can farm just like any th12 and will lose almost the same loot as my max th12.

Good luck on farming with this account, th12 is a lot of all resources to farm.... Luckily I am done with that until I active farm my rushed 11
    Last edited by WerewolfXS; May 6th, 2019 at 05:27 AM.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    Like this...?

I’m focused on offense. Got ElectroDragons to L3 and now I am working on Lightning and Balloons, and the last Army Camp upgrade. Eventually, I might upgrade the defenses but for now, they’re low priority.
    Trophy wise where are you, coming up as a rushed account i was in gold and raided with maxed barch looting was plentiful. Now I've made it to Masters 1. Loot isnt that bad but most of the time it's in the storages up there compared to how it was when i wad in gold and crystal. So I've been using mass miners instead of barch now.

Mass goblins, farm dead bases, ezpz. If you want to add a little punch to the core for fat bases that are alive, add giants & wizs to the mix.

Btw, just a side note, you don't have to start every thread ending with ?!?!?. It is as if you are "shouting", just like how all CAPS is like.

This is definitely an interesting account and discussion. Thank you for sharing.
    My advice would be to max offense as soon as possible and then work on defense (order is not relevant as lvl1 towers are not a defense for th12)

i would get walls to lego at least to be meaningful as well.

good luck!
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us