Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: A lil bit more fair CWL

A lil bit more fair CWL

Just wanna say. Something needs to be done about cwl matchups, because it is unfair to newer clans.

First off, my lvl 2 clan is going against a lvl 7, and a lvl 13. More on those in a moment. Not only do they have better donations (the +1 and +2) they have way more war experience.

Second off, trophies are the most changeable aspect of the game. All it takes is losing purposefully. A th12 could be a bronze league if they so wished. This being said, a clan who hasnt done CWL before is put into a league based off of accumulated trophies. All a clan has to do is put low trophy lvl th12s in and get placed in a low league and win super easy. In addition, a clan could purposely lose a cwl to be demoted to a lower league.

The point I'm trying to get to is that the CWL clan matchups shouldn't be completely based off of trophies. It should be partially include th lvls. That way a clan of th 11+ isnt matchup against 8 and 9s. I also think there should be a clan leveling aspect of pitting similarly leveled clans together (this way a lvl 2 doesnt go against a lvl 13)

Yes, i know it is part of the game, and its only slightly bothersome to me, but i imagine for others it will encourage them to participate

Quote Originally Posted by HalfWayDone View Post
    Just wanna say. Something needs to be done about cwl matchups, because it is unfair to newer clans.

First off, my lvl 2 clan is going against a lvl 7, and a lvl 13. More on those in a moment. Not only do they have better donations (the +1 and +2) they have way more war experience.

Second off, trophies are the most changeable aspect of the game. All it takes is losing purposefully. A th12 could be a bronze league if they so wished. This being said, a clan who hasnt done CWL before is put into a league based off of accumulated trophies. All a clan has to do is put low trophy lvl th12s in and get placed in a low league and win super easy. In addition, a clan could purposely lose a cwl to be demoted to a lower league.

The point I'm trying to get to is that the CWL clan matchups shouldn't be completely based off of trophies. It should be partially include th lvls. That way a clan of th 11+ isnt matchup against 8 and 9s. I also think there should be a clan leveling aspect of pitting similarly leveled clans together (this way a lvl 2 doesnt go against a lvl 13)

Yes, i know it is part of the game, and its only slightly bothersome to me, but i imagine for others it will encourage them to participate
    There is nothing unfair about a level 1 clan going against a higher level clan.

A clan is not put into CWL the first time based on trophies. It is based on the weight of your 15 most advanced mates.

So, don't worry, not only are the matchups not based entirely off trophies, they aren't based on that at all.

You're right about clans being able to lose on purpose to get easier wars in a lower tier. The original medal system actually rewarded that, which is a big reason why there are so many th12s playing low. However, the new medal system punishes it. The higher you play the more medals you win. Don't focus on your win loss record, which is going to be about 50% over the long term whether you have th12s or not. Just do your best and know that if you are "too high" such that you can't win you are being rewarded with extra medals for it. You will get demoted, find easier matches and....win less medals, so hopefully you will try to get promoted back up to the harder tier.
    Last edited by 2222; May 4th, 2019 at 07:16 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfWayDone View Post

Clan level means very little. Yes, you get the +1/+2 on donations, but if you have even on maxed (on troops) player in the clan, all donations could be maxed anyhow.

Trophies have never had anything whatsoever to do with matching in either normal clan wars or initial placement in CWL.

The initial placement is based off the strength of your top 15 bases in the roster, not their trophy levels.

And yes, clans can lose on purpose to get to a lower tier, and they can also have a first season with their lolwest strength baes, then bring the big ones in for the next season, but there is no longer any benefit to doing that since the medal rework.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Banned
    "Welcome to the big leagues, kid."

In any competitive environment you have two ways to pair opponents: parity and ability.

Parity (or disparity) is when opponents are matched due to some objective measure. In chess there is a score attained through experience. In sports, W-L record for teams making the playoffs. Also the bracket system which pits the best vs the worst (1 v 8, 2 v 7, 3 v 6, 4 v 5). In debate we did "power matching" where teams faced each other as the tourney progressed based on record and speaker points, but I would also throw in one round of "power protect" where it was 1 v 5, 2 v 6, 3 v 7, 4 v 8 so the better teams weren't knocking each other out allowing mid-range teams to slip through to finals, while better teams got bumped out.

Finally, you have round-robin where everyone in the group plays everyone else.

CWL #1 is a parity grouping based on the objective measure of clan weight (top 15 bases), followed by a round-robin format.

CWLs #2 on are a parity grouping based on the objective measure of achievement (did you move up, down, or stay in middle of the pack?) followed by a round-robin format.

Now I am going to tip-toe a fine line.

Culturally, society is being conditioned to believe in blind equality. No winners and no losers. Don't keep score at kids' games because their feelings are hurt if they lose. Everyone gets a medal or trophy for participating. The powers that be "LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD" by TIPPING it in favor of the "weaker" side who can't achieve on their own merits.

This is what you are asking SC to do. You just want your medals for showing up. It's unfair someone else may have more experience or ability. So punish them arbitrarily and reward you for the grand accomplishment of showing up.

Yes, people in real life as well as the game have an uncanny knack to work outside of the intent of the rules and use the "letter of the law" to bend the rules in their favor. We call this "gaming the system."

The +1/+2 perks are the only reason to push a clan to Levels 5 and 10. To do this takes time and energy. CWs, Clan Games, and CWL get massive numbers of people spending lots of time "in the game." This is what game designers are hoping to achieve #1.

Then players want to advance faster and get better toys sooner and they spend money. This is the direct result of achieving task #1 above.

I love the F2P guys and they are important to the game. But they don't keep the servers running.

Relevance to your post?

If everyone is milquetoast equal and you get punished for improvement/success and rewarded for merely showing up....

NOBODY SPENDS MONEY AND THERE IS NO CLASH OF CLANS TO PLAY.

All this applies outside the game in real life, but I don't want to get "political" and get banned.
    Last edited by InnerBunny; May 5th, 2019 at 12:04 AM.

Alright, makes sense. Just caught up in the moment. Took me a long moment to read all of that though.
    Last edited by HalfWayDone; May 5th, 2019 at 08:15 PM.