Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No builder hall events!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Darian did say there was a twist coming for BB in addition to BB9, not wars, but something else.
    If memory serves, he was talking about something with the HV - i.e., the kind of twist that would make you want to play the BB more as an HV enthusiast, like a really cool gear-up. That’s how I hook it to mean, at least.

The thing is...no matter how you slice it, that interview sounded like the BB has been largely backburnered. We’ll get BH9 but that’s about it for the BB in 2019.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Darian did say there was a twist coming for BB in addition to BB9, not wars, but something else.
    If I remember correctly, that was just a general statement. He didn't say anything like it's coming with BH9 update. He didn't even said if they have started working on it. Just that they have some ideas about it.

To OP, I agree, the BB has been lacking a clan related event and they should have prioritised it before these season challenges or even the Christmas update. With BH9 coming in June, and no other known/announced feature about BB in near future (this year at least), I don't see BB becoming more popular.

I maxed out BB last September including walls and since then it's just been a gem collector. I don't even do BB season challenges, as there's already tons of extra points to reach maxed tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    If memory serves, he was talking about something with the HV - i.e., the kind of twist that would make you want to play the BB more as an HV enthusiast, like a really cool gear-up. That’s how I hook it to mean, at least.

The thing is...no matter how you slice it, that interview sounded like the BB has been largely backburnered. We’ll get BH9 but that’s about it for the BB in 2019.
    Yeah I wasn't sure about that either. He described it as a twist, but at the same time Galadon was talking about cool gear ups.

Quote Originally Posted by raja1 View Post
    If I remember correctly, that was just a general statement. He didn't say anything like it's coming with BH9 update. He didn't even said if they have started working on it. Just that they have some ideas about it.

To OP, I agree, the BB has been lacking a clan related event and they should have prioritised it before these season challenges or even the Christmas update. With BH9 coming in June, and no other known/announced feature about BB in near future (this year at least), I don't see BB becoming more popular.

I maxed out BB last September including walls and since then it's just been a gem collector. I don't even do BB season challenges, as there's already tons of extra points to reach maxed tier.
    To me it sounded like it was coming with the BB9 update at first, but then a little while later he described as something like they have it in mind or something they are thinking of (I don't recall the exact words).
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Here’s the rough transcript....

G: Builder Hall 9, one of the things that I’ve heard from players, I know that maybe the Builder Hall didn’t get as much excitement from players as originally hoped. It feels like a lot of players have kinda left the Builder Hall because it’s kinda been stagnant for, what, about a year now, and so I’m curious, when BH9 comes if there will be something else that comes with BH9 that’s more than just new levels, new troops, new defenses. Is there something that you guys are planning that might encourage more players to get involved with the Builder Hall or might make it link more directly to the HV, more so than just the gear-ups.

D: Yes. Now let me head off any kind of rumors it’s not going to be like any kind of CW system or tournament based system. We looked at that idea of having some kind of competition with the Builder Base and we realized that that’s not the direction we want the Builder Base to go. And, given that how the main village has kinda gone through a resurgence with the addition of TH12, CG, CWL, and a lot of the content we want to focus on is going to be the main village primarily. That’s not to say...we will still be providing BH9 with some juicy content, but there will be reasons for players to want to access that.

G: So, definitely something going on, something new going on over there.

D: Yes, there is a little bit of a twist that we have in mind.

G: Cool…alright, that’s kinda what I was hoping to hear, because it’s something that would be more than just new levels would be a lot of fun because I feel like the Builder Hall could be really, really cool if more people were into it or it had more of a direct relation to the Home Village.

D: And, I mean, of course it will come with…every new BH level does come with a new defense, and a new troop for the BB, we’ve got an idea for what we want to do for the gear up, we have a really cool troop idea for the BB, I love it. And we’re kinda play testing some defense building ideas, we’ve got a bunch of defense ideas that we want to try out, so I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

So...this is why I interpreted it to be something to make HV players want to get in on more BB action. Darian doesn’t give any real spoilers in there though (he seldom does).
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

I hate to be a downer, and I kind of feel like I am a bit, but I have to be honest. I am so relieved they aren’t doing whole-clan competitive things with the builder’s base. A lot of our players are adults who haven’t got the time to do a whole lot of gaming, so most have kind of at least neglected it, if not actively avoided it. The ones who have time and like it, can do so, and that’s fine for us.

Many already felt stressed when CG came out, feeling bad if they couldn’t earn max points every time to help the clan. We’ve since adjusted and have a few more members now, so that typically goes well. People can do BB tasks, or leave them, and still get the points they need.

At the same time, the idea of more of a tie-in is scary. Unless we can maybe earn HV rewards from BB or something? I could see some getting excited about that, because they are TH 5-9 who want to be TH12 tomorrow, lol. But in terms of more gear-ups, or anything more than that.... Most of us like to try to do as well as we can in war, and the idea that we would now *have to do builder’s base to avoid being at more of a disadvantage on the home village, might finally push some over the edge of “this is too much”.

Thanks for the pretty kitty, Icey!
    You're actually more blind than Soumil, and Soumil is literally more blind than a bat-Rad
    Much convince. Amazing argument. Very believe. Rad town. Cant scum.-NTRP
    why thank you <3 -Rad