Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Is game progression too fast now?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveDream View Post
    If you want to be competitive then stay at your level until you can Max your th level then move up.

Th10 is an easy and fun th. Much better then 9 and 11. Enjoy it.

70% probably higher don't Max bases and are not competitive. Some don't take the time to learn more then 1attack. We have a Max 12 that is a one attack wonder. Put the time in but same pre made spam and spell every war. Don't be that guy!
    Yeah the only real th12 we have in my current clan always uses mass dragons in his war attacks. I didn't think about hanging around th10 either. But i dont wanna do this and find myself sitting on full gold/elixir/de storages trying to master it either. No point in wasting loot if its not needed.

Centennial Club
    I had no problem wasting loot, I just radied with different war armies until I had the ones I wanted to learn mastered. I climbed to legends at 10 with these war armies and improved. I was complete Max for about a month. Then moved to 11.

You can waste loot and improve or you can move up before you are ready and be just another guy that quits on war because you can't 3 star. Choice is yours.

I am also in a competitive war clan and that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveDream View Post
    I had no problem wasting loot, I just radied with different war armies until I had the ones I wanted to learn mastered. I climbed to legends at 10 with these war armies and improved. I was complete Max for about a month. Then moved to 11.

You can waste loot and improve or you can move up before you are ready and be just another guy that quits on war because you can't 3 star. Choice is yours.

I am also in a competitive war clan and that makes a difference.
    The thought of staying at th10 until I mastered it never really crossed my mind until now. This could be because at the end of th9 I was more than ready to go to th10 and mastered th9 at that point.

I dont wanna be a nuance and be the th11 that cant even 3* the previous th lvl.

I understand game need make faster, but toooooooo faaaaassssttt

Quote Originally Posted by DJluv2013 View Post
    The thought of staying at th10 until I mastered it never really crossed my mind until now. This could be because at the end of th9 I was more than ready to go to th10 and mastered th9 at that point.

I dont wanna be a nuance and be the th11 that cant even 3* the previous th lvl.
    Well the latter will not happen as soon as your warden is at a decent level and you have a war army at TH 11 level: The mere power laone will triple that TH 10 even without much skill

Now there are FC clans around, what might help is to train a specific war army you want to get better with and visit such a clan. The best way to improve is doing many FC's against decent war bases, and not all clans can provide that.

War bases are so much different from home bases. Raiding with war armies will help you understand the specific troop behavior but it will not help much in executing a good war raid. You need war base designs, and defensive cc troops on the base you attack. That is the only way to really improve on war skills.
    <gone>

I was thinking about posting a similar thread actually. Im thoroughly enjoying the game now, after leaving my old clan of 5 years to join a new one, I've found new love for CWL.

I'm not a maxer, still got 1 level on cannons, AT's, wiz towers and mortars. I've also got about 220 walls to do. But when I joined my new clan, about 35 days ago, I still had 104 orange walls left to upgrade. That took me 25 days. With gold pass, they cost 3 Mill a piece, that's still 304 million in resources worth. That's pretty ridiculous to do that in a month.

Again, I agree with you OP, I'm not necessarily complaining. But with all this faster progression, we really need new content and quicker than the usual sluggish release consistency. Half my clan are maxed and still enjoying the game but that will change. The last update was maxed fairly quickly for most my clan
    Last edited by CraigA66; May 3rd, 2019 at 10:25 AM.

Pro Member
    CWL rewards will doom this game unless SC triples the cost of the hammers. The moment TH13 comes out all the max th12 players right now will have max troops.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #18
    I asked my Hairdresser for a Donald Trump...she gave me a tremendous hair cut and had me deported.
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post
    Hi OP. like you i have been playing for a while, just before clan wars for me.

in my opinion i believe the game is progressing too fast now. This is not a complaint but with all the incentives and rewards in the game you can progress a base without really doing a great deal. One of my mini's is a TH11 (maxed at 10) and im keeping all 5 builders busy by doing a couple of attacks per day.. that just does not feel right to me.

the view is SC want everyone at TH12.. ints not a view i share as i dont understand why they would. However i do appreciate and acknowledge the need to capture the attention of new players and the grind through the town halls in todays clash world is a daunting task im sure. But at the same time we have to appreciate that many have done this grind without the incentives and rewards that are now on offer. I am a max th12 and i dont think there has been many days in the 5 or so years i have played where i havent logged on and attacked.

but i look at it as "it is what it is" and we all play this game because we love/enjoy it.. so i just go with the flow!

We need Onyx or one of the other Forum Smart Kids to work out how long it now takes to max compared to the dark ages. I am still comfortable that although defences aren't anywhere near the slog they were, with those endless walls and the Single Lab nobody new is catching me anytime soon.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Holps View Post
    We need Onyx or one of the other Forum Smart Kids to work out how long it now takes to max compared to the dark ages. I am still comfortable that although defences aren't anywhere near the slog they were, with those endless walls and the Single Lab nobody new is catching me anytime soon.

When I started, I had no idea, not in my wildest dreams (nightmares) that I would be playing this 5 years and 4 months later..

New players have no concept of how long the game will capture them.

Nobody in their right mind will download a game for their mobile phone thinking, this will consume my life for the next 5-7 years.

SuperCell has managed to construct a game that is enjoyable at every level and very slowly, it goes from "something you play on your phone" to "something that consumes a great deal of your spare time" (nothing negative about that, I don't regret the time I've put into this game at all)

The upgrade times and costs have been greatly reduced over the past years. The additions of Books, Hammers, The Trader, Games, CWL and the Gold Pass has sped things up quite a bit.

BUT, Clash of Clans is still a multi-year journey and the length of this journey is still largely hidden from new players.

For new players, it doesn't matter if it will take them 3 or 5 years to max out on the top town hall. They will always me focused on the next few steps only. That how it should be and that's how the game remains fun.

/Affront
    (Not "HAL" anymore .. sadly)
    TH12-62/63/33|BH9-16.16.16.17.16.18.16.16.16.16.1/30| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

This discussion has come up a few times and I've fallen on the side of thinking progression is a little too fast now. The common (and sensible) response is that new players need to see the "end" is within reach in a reasonable amount of time, but in my opinion the players that are just playing to max out likely quit anyway. The players that actually enjoy playing for playing are the ones that will keep at it and they are not benefited by maxing out quickly. I do think progression had to be sped up compared to years ago, but it seems too fast these days.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.