Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Is game progression too fast now?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    This discussion has come up a few times and I've fallen on the side of thinking progression is a little too fast now. The common (and sensible) response is that new players need to see the "end" is within reach in a reasonable amount of time, but in my opinion the players that are just playing to max out likely quit anyway. The players that actually enjoy playing for playing are the ones that will keep at it and they are not benefited by maxing out quickly. I do think progression had to be sped up compared to years ago, but it seems too fast these days.
    As a fabled newbie, it was actually tough to keep up with 5 builders in some of the very early TH levels with the time reductions. But as a newbie who came from 3 years in a dying game with 16 day builds, this is the breath of fresh air. The fact that I don’t have to invest 3-5 hours a day to have a decent account is wonderful. I happily get the season pass as it gives me more of my time back. I still think I will be in TH9 for 4-5 months total to max out my heroes, as I want to keep warring too, so have to be strategic (AQ is 21 now, BK is 12, we are a month in). So at that point I will be at the 8ish months point to get to a maxed TH9, the majority of which will have been spent in TH9, attacking and learning. I’m at the point now where my builders are tied up for a couple of days, I can go a day without putting another build on, but there is one coming around the corner so there is an incentive for me to keep attacking and learning.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH10 - LOJY8UUP9

The progression rate is still the same and the pace is still that much only. But it's more like that your progression line on a chart will jump exponentially at earlier townhalls but gets slowed down at Th11 aftwrwards.

Yes itís too fast. It used to be an achievement to be th12 it the last th in the game. My whole clan is now th12. Cwl is designed for everyone to be at the same th level. Game is broken.

To fast? Compared to what? To how it was? If yes, then yes. Progression is faster. If it is to fast? Well, can it be?
    TH12 - lvl206 - 298k FIN - Oct2012 - 12 Okt + 3 mos
    Gold Grab - 2bn
    Elixir Escapade - 2bn
    Heroic Heist - 23.97m +3,52
    BH8 - PB 4329

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrengann View Post
    Yes itís too fast. It used to be an achievement to be th12 it the last th in the game. My whole clan is now th12. Cwl is designed for everyone to be at the same th level. Game is broken.
    If the game is broken then please tell us which clan you are playing for in ESL world championship?

IMO the progression rate is exactly where it should be. 2-2.5 years for a f2p to max is exactly where the game should be. As the end moves further, progression must be easier to compensate.

As for learning to funnel troops, I have always thought that slowing progression to help people learn skills is a myth. While it helps with some of the very basics, early game play can actually build bad habits that donít go away easily. Also, if someone does not have the patience or discipline to learn real war attacks, they will probably rush anyways. Th7 and 8 teach people to learn mass drags and gowiva to triple bases. These are translate into mad eddies and spam bowitch up high.
    This comes from personal experience, I rushed and used spam bowitch for war attacks for awhile. It was not until I went on here and on YouTube that i learned real attacks. And judging by the number of people both in my clan and the clans we face in war that are rushed and use mass eddies, slowing progression will not help.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by DJluv2013 View Post
    By the end of this month i could very well be hitting the upgrade button on my th to go to 11 and i dont feel like I'm ready. I haven't mastered th10 yet and now I'll be going to th11 not fully ready and there will be new things added into the ballpark thats a total game changer EA and GW.
    What does master TH10 mean? Seriously, so what. Move up, get better troops (like the Edrag) and move forward.

I agree totally about progression... i still can't believe how fast it is now compared to when i started playing 4 years ago. My second account is on a super rocket sled compared to my first account.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrengann View Post
    Yes it’s too fast. It used to be an achievement to be th12 it the last th in the game. My whole clan is now th12. Cwl is designed for everyone to be at the same th level. Game is broken.
    If by broken you mean the game has never been better, then i agree.

I've got 2 maxed TH12s and a 3rd account that just went to TH12. My 4th account finished the TH9 upgrade about 3 weeks ago. I'm advancing that account at a rate that it should be going to TH10 by the end of the month. Progression has been extremely fast. I could see where that fast of pace could be difficult to learn some of the more advanced attacked strategies. Luckily for me, I've got the experience gained from my other accounts. I'm loving the progress that I'm making with that TH9 and very much looking forward to getting that account to TH12. My goal is to be there by the end of the year.

A mobile app game that would normally require 3-4 years to get from TH2 to TH12 and max it, is now cut to 2-3 years.

It's faster, relatively.

Is it too fast? In the context of it being a mobile game, requiring you to log in almost every day, spend time doing attacks, and keeping uprades going, I don't think it's too fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    I would love to see space unicorns and cosmic cats
    Click Here for Unicorns