Thread: Ban Option For Clan?

Ban Option For Clan?

So i was thinking there should be an option similar to kicking, this one only available to leaders. This option is the ban button. Too many times have I had bots repeatedly join my clan, and the only way to fix it is to put it on Invite Only, but my clan is supposed to be an open clan.

+1 great idea

Quote Originally Posted by HalfWayDone View Post
    So i was thinking there should be an option similar to kicking, this one only available to leaders. This option is the ban button. Too many times have I had bots repeatedly join my clan, and the only way to fix it is to put it on Invite Only, but my clan is supposed to be an open clan.
    Absolutely, this would be amazing.
    17 Accounts
    Clan Wizard Inc. #YG2CLCLG, Lvl 6
    Main Account Lvl 109 TH10, Heroes 20/17, 616 War Hero, Trophy Best 3568

Banned
    SuperCell's customer support service has been corrupted.

I contacted them once and immediately started getting a multitude of bot accounts joining my clan spamming [crud] on our message board about free gems and leaving. This only happened after I contacted Customer support -- and immediately after I did so. That tells me the spam bots are infecting the customer support server to get clan tags.

While many of these accounts have the name "You" their player tags are different. -- meaning a ban button would not solve the problem you illustrate. They bot the accounts faster than support can delete them. They look like the same account but each is unique. Customer Service's solution is to hit the report button on them.

Joy.

My solution was to make my clan Invite Only.

HOWEVER

For other reasons, I believe the leader should be able to ban accounts.

Recently, I kicked a guy for using racist invective towards other players in the clan. A Co-leader was away, didn't see the incident. Didn't see the persona non grata following the kick. (We have a very active clan and messages are off the board in 2 hours.)

The Co invited that player back, granting him Elder status when he rejoined (this is policy so members can recruit). Whereupon, I log on the next morning and find my message board entirely nothing but this player and some other Elders going at it and players begging a Co or me to kick him again (no Co's were on when the argument erupted).

Had I had a ban button on this toxic cancer, the entire situation could have been avoided.

We have someone who got kicked for repeatedly not listening to war strategy sending messages criticising a player in the clan through join requests at the moment. Would definitely be nice to give them a week long ban from requesting to join again at least.

Quote Originally Posted by InnerBunny View Post
    (We have a very active clan and messages are off the board in 2 hours.)
    Our clan uses another app; Line. we have a chat there as well which is Leader / Co, to keep everyone in the loop
    another group there is for everyone