Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Max number of Supercell IDs on 1 device?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    All that tells us is that you don't know much about computer software.

There is always going to be some limit, there pretty well has to be.

I don't know how this particular limit was decided, but it probably took storage into account, plus some sort of estimate of how common more accounts than a given number would be.

And in spite of there being a few people on here with that many, I doubt if there are more than a few hundred out of the millions of players who have more than 20 active accounts.
    Yeah, of course there's going to be a limit but 20 seems a bit arbitrary and low.
    17 Accounts
    Clan Wizard Inc. #YG2CLCLG, Lvl 6
    Main Account Lvl 109 TH10, Heroes 20/17, 616 War Hero, Trophy Best 3568

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ2478 View Post
    Yeah, of course there's going to be a limit but 20 seems a bit arbitrary and low.
    20 does seem low to some of the people here. But you have to remember, people here are not average clashers.

But as I said, I would be surprised if the number of people affected by that limit is more than a very tiny proportion.

Of course, before SCID, it would have been very hard for SC to work out how many accounts belonged to one person. But I suspect they thought that more than 20 would be so ridiculously rare that it was a safely high number.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

20 does seem low to some of the people here. But you have to remember, people here are not average clashers.

But as I said, I would be surprised if the number of people affected by that limit is more than a very tiny proportion.

Of course, before SCID, it would have been very hard for SC to work out how many accounts belonged to one person. But I suspect they thought that more than 20 would be so ridiculously rare that it was a safely high number.
    Ahem....
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

20 not enough, increase please more 30-40.
    Thank you.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    Ahem....
    Like I said, people here are not average clashes ��
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Pro Member
    All that tells us is that you don't know much about computer software.

There is always going to be some limit, there pretty well has to be.

I don't know how this particular limit was decided, but it probably took storage into account, plus some sort of estimate of how common more accounts than a given number would be.

And in spite of there being a few people on here with that many, I doubt if there are more than a few hundred out of the millions of players who have more than 20 active accounts.
    Exactly this.

Put yourself for a second in the shoes of SC DBA who has to maintain normalized database. Sure he can create a schema where there will be no limit by adding a relational table but this will slow down the queries. if in vast majority of cases this is not needed (and i think that majority of players have less than 20 accounts) he will chose a design which will improve performance and not solve something that is not even a problem.
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonD View Post
    Exactly this.

Put yourself for a second in the shoes of SC DBA who has to maintain normalized database. Sure he can create a schema where there will be no limit by adding a relational table but this will slow down the queries. if in vast majority of cases this is not needed (and i think that majority of players have less than 20 accounts) he will chose a design which will improve performance and not solve something that is not even a problem.
    But limiting it to (say) 50 would have little or no impact on dB performance and would not require any de normalisation. Clearly there are players with more than 20 accounts so maybe SC could consider increasing the limit, and making the accounts identifiable by more than just email name. QOL improvement suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    But limiting it to (say) 50 would have little or no impact on dB performance and would not require any de normalisation. Clearly there are players with more than 20 accounts so maybe SC could consider increasing the limit, and making the accounts identifiable by more than just email name. QOL improvement suggestion
    Or perhaps the player should consider limiting themselves to 20 accounts?
    You donít see anything unhealthy about someone playing more than 20 copies of the same game by themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by fette View Post
    You don’t see anything unhealthy about someone playing more than 20 copies of the same game by themselves?
    Absolutely not.

The logical limit should be 50 - the equivalent of a full clan. This would be the end goal of anyone playing that many accounts for obvious reasons.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by fette View Post
    You don’t see anything unhealthy about someone playing more than 20 copies of the same game by themselves?
    No I don’t see anything ‘unhealthy’ at all. And ‘by themselves ‘ is an assumption. I have 15 accounts but am in a clan of around 40, I’m not ‘by myself ‘ lol.

some people like to play different th levels, some like to start new accounts because the early game is fun, each to his own.