Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are there so many Maggie haters.....

Trainee
    I think there is - at least - two reasons, why poor Maggie is so disliked. At least I have two reasons...

1. The idea, that you will have to pay again to get something you have already bought is ludacriss. Plain and simple. That is a money machine in the worst possible way.

2. Supercell used a lot of ressources (/I presume) on developing this feature, however I think most players would have liked them to use these ressources on developing something game related instead of a decoration feature.

My 2 cents...
    Last edited by L26; May 6th, 2019 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by L26 View Post

1. The idea, that you will have to pay again to get something you have already bought is ludacriss. Plain and simple. That is a money machine in the worst possible way.
    I do understand this. I understand the frustration. I just don't understand why it doesn't cause people just to ignore her and move on. Instead they get ANGRY. Over a game feature they don't like. It is just like with anything in life, if you don't like something you have zero chance to change move on. You don't need to rage at it or let that dislike turn you into a person who attacks others over it. Obviously people are using Maggie or Hay Day would dump her. Personally I have come to the end of Maggie. I like my house, I like my road side shop and I can live with my truck. I check to see what she is offering and I move on.

I hate trucks, I hate truck events. I don't hijack every thread posted by Hay Day or by other players to rant about how much I hate trucks. I just ignore them.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Quote Originally Posted by L26 View Post
    I think there is - at least - two reasons, why poor Maggie is so disliked. At least I have two reasons...

2. Supercell used a lot of ressources (/I presume) on developing this feature, however I think most players would have liked them to use these ressources on developing something game related instead of a decoration feature.

My 2 cents...
    I do agree that the way Maggie was introduced it was totally not perfect. The team spend a lot of time on making it so large that there was not so much time to do other things. I think they could do less and build it up from that point. The biggest problem is indeed the way you need to pay again to change with the designs you already bought. Point is that I think that the designs you bought with diamonds needs to be free to use at all times. You spend indirect real money on the designs and not keeping it just feels so wrong.

The level you can use Maggie needs to be a lot higher. Hay Day is already very frustrating at level 31 and it keeps frustrating for many levels. You don't need to buy all the machines but you are mandatory todo that. Production machines that you don't buy are still a part of the game. Truckorders are asking for that product that is available even if you don't have the machine on your farm yet. If you can buy the sewing machine but you didn't the Production Boost event can select the sewing machine. That part of Hay Day is so totally wrong! Players are getting upset because there is to much they need todo. 6 Years ago it was much better and easier but now there are so many things added that it is very difficult and stressful to play it.

Still being negative about it and keeping negative about won't help you or others. It makes it more real every time and in the end you are not able to see the many great things in Hay Day. Farmers needs to focus on the things in Hay Day they do like and make some interesting goals. That way playing is much more fun!
    GC:Nighthawk1973
    RSS Name - Frackle's Cave : Level - 187: Achievements - 142/144
    Masteries - 32/32 Barn/Silo - 9250 / 8000
    Join Discord:
    https://discord.gg/AcrzSvG

I personally think they totally missed the head of the nail on Maggie. Lots of potential, but it did not come to fruition as players were expecting.

I think the biggest thing they missed is introducing seasonal designs with the changing seasons (i.e. for winter - a RSS with lights and garland, farm house with lights and garland, and a red truck with a wreath or something on the front). Rather, there is a mixed bag of designs you have to somehow pay to acquire, and once acquired, you have to deal with whether you keep the hard earned matching design or let it go and try to acquire a new one.

Seasonal designs (could be purchased in a diamond package) I think a lot of players would pick up and grab to go with the seasonal changes.

Maggie can be fixed, though!

I agree Spartan, there is still so much potential for Maggie. People have asked for seasonal themed designs since the beginning. I do think players would be more inclined to purchase more designs if they new they could keep and interchange them, but this has fallen on deaf ears. Personally I have patiently waited for the designs I want, then once I purchase, I just plan to keep indefinitely. I know there are some that are trying to complete the book, but this just seems a pointless waste of diamonds to me for something you canít keep.
    Leader Spiritís Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

Centennial Club
    Hayfield....it is time to expand your abilities to ignore. Not only the aspects of the game that you hate but also the rant opinions of the players that hate some aspects of 'the' game.

I suspect it is right there in your calling it 'a' game feature. Most of the people that are really mad believe it to be "their" farm. Truly..their farm. They want to control their farm as surely as they want to control their actual life, home etc. Can you imagine if someone moved in to your house and started hawking designs for your bathroom and kitchen to "rent" and you couldn't kick them out? Drives people who thought it was 'their' farm a bit crazy. Really what the game designers could have done was let a player opt in and opt out of different aspects of the game but if these features are installed without an opt out on THEIR farm they can't ignore it any more than probably you could ignore someone camping out in your own home for two or three days waiting for you to rent some over priced item. They are just right there every time you come home or their table of wares are left there in your hallway!

Imagine the ranters as people who REALLY love their farms, not as people just paying a game. They are mad to hide the sad.

Interesting perspective tree trunk. I do view it as MY farm but donít look at it in the way you describe so Iím not bothered by Maggie being there. My issues are more about utilization. Still an interesting point of view though.
    Leader Spiritís Peace

It would be trivial to make Maggie more popular if SC really wanted it.

1. Make Maggie to offer only designs that you don't already have.
    2. You would pay the price once each new design to get it in your books (forever). But you would pay some fixed fee to Maggie every time you want to (re-)install it, for example 10k coins.

With current model, people are not willing to buy any design that costs diamonds or vouchers or hundreds of thousands of coins unless they have some clear plan for next months or even years for what they want.

I agree, and this has been stated ad nauseum to no avail. Even the supposed sales are outrageous. I donít hate her, I just ignore her much like I ignore boats bc I hate doing them. I do boats when I have a specific purpose..scrolls, diamond event and such. I used Maggie to get the design I wanted...just once. Now I ignore her. Iím satisfied with what I have so it would take something pretty special to get me to change. If I could keep the designs, I would be motivated to acquire them all and then rotate my look.
    Leader Spiritís Peace

I don't hate Maggie, I simply don't understand why she is introduced and have largely ignored Maggie since the beginning. Not a decoration fan.

However, I'm planning to work on the style book next. My play style is data-driven (analysing numbers for optimisation) and my only goal is to complete the style book for diamond rewards. Will not use diamond during this "adventure" at all.

Would my experience interest enough of people on here? If so, I'll consider to create a thread to update my progress weekly with data collected. Maybe I could figure out how and why Maggie is here . You all are welcome to join in the race to complete Style Book or data collecting as well .
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language.

All the great ones were a student once. Learning is quicker with better guiding. Report abuse/spam on forum.

#SpookyCat :: Hay Day Lv 127♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12