Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are there so many Maggie haters.....

Why are there so many Maggie haters.....

It seems like people on facebook are NEVER happy. I replied to Hay Day's blog post about the mid year update. Someone responded to my post with a negative comment about Maggie.

I get it.. some of Maggie's prices are steep... so don't do them.
    Some require diamond.... so don't do them.
    Some take more vouchers then you want to spend.... so don't spend them.
    Not once has Hay Day said I MUST use Maggie or loose my farm.
    Not once have I been kicked out of Hay Day for not spending diamonds on Maggie ( I have by the way I REALLY needed that flat patio style roof).

There are certain aspects of the game I don't like. (Trucks) but I don't post negative comments on other people's threads. I don't demand that Hay Day remove the truck. I don't have a melt down every time a truck event happens. I just simply DON'T do them. (Except when Hay Day makes it a global thing and then I am compelled to particiapte because I don't want to let the global universe down, I mean what if they only needed 5 more trucks to win their diamonds and I sat out.... the guilt would eat me alive.)
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    It seems like people on facebook are NEVER happy. I replied to Hay Day's blog post about the mid year update. Someone responded to my post with a negative comment about Maggie.

I get it.. some of Maggie's prices are steep... so don't do them.
    Some require diamond.... so don't do them.
    Some take more vouchers then you want to spend.... so don't spend them.
    Not once has Hay Day said I MUST use Maggie or loose my farm.
    Not once have I been kicked out of Hay Day for not spending diamonds on Maggie ( I have by the way I REALLY needed that flat patio style roof).

There are certain aspects of the game I don't like. (Trucks) but I don't post negative comments on other people's threads. I don't demand that Hay Day remove the truck. I don't have a melt down every time a truck event happens. I just simply DON'T do them. (Except when Hay Day makes it a global thing and then I am compelled to particiapte because I don't want to let the global universe down, I mean what if they only needed 5 more trucks to win their diamonds and I sat out.... the guilt would eat me alive.)

I think Maggie and her services were designed to appeal to higher level farms with no place to spend excess in game currency. However, it sparked outrage in lower level farms who cannot afford her and even outrage with people of independent wealth.

i don’t mind her. I occasionally purchase changes that I like. For some it is all about being able to “keep” what you purchase, rather than having to re purchase them.

also, some who have indulged on Maggie to complete the book items did not get the rewards. I have not heard of anyone getting them retroactively.
    Last edited by WussyPuss; April 27th, 2019 at 09:10 PM.
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

I rarely hire Maggie because I feel we should be able to keep what we purchase. If we could do that I would hire her more often.

Adding on to Wuss, and FarmWife:

Personally, I use Maggie only occaisonally. Like anything, though, players have certain opinions on certain events, and features inside of the game. Some use Maggie all the time, and enjoy using her, others not so much. Some players are more open on their opinions of Maggie than other features.

There is no doubt players shouldn't openly be so negative in such a counterintuitive way, but that is how some people are. It would be nice if SC would make it so you don't have to repurchase things from her, and I'm sure many more players would have a more neutral, or positive feeling of Maggie.
    Last edited by MadEyeMann; April 27th, 2019 at 11:28 PM.
    “The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.”---Michelangelo

I rarely use Maggie too. I don’t find it difficult to ignore her though she could use a little refinement. I suspect the persons who complain do. They want to use her, can’t for whatever reason and are frustrated. Sorry they hijacked your FB post though. That’s just bad etiquette.

I largely ignore Maggie too.

Farm Level 171. Town 52. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    I rarely use Maggie too. I don’t find it difficult to ignore her though she could use a little refinement. I suspect the persons who complain do. They want to use her, can’t for whatever reason and are frustrated. Sorry they hijacked your FB post though. That’s just bad etiquette.

Exactly. That was my point.
    If you are to the point where you are hijacking a strangers post with your off topic rant about a game.... time to take a little break. A break from the game, a break from Facebook.... just a BREAK. LOL
    I understand frustrations. I just don't get the anger.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Centennial Club
    I only don't understand why Maggie offers styles we already have (in our collection book)

There is really no use to have 2 of the same styles (which isn't even possible), so why let Maggie offer it? (to let us use diamonds for "restock" option?)
    Last edited by venusioso; April 29th, 2019 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by venusioso View Post
    so why let Maggie offer it? (to let us use diamonds for "restock" option?)
    Probably.

For me, instead of spending diamonds to restock, I just wait to see what the next week's offers are.

I'm not a fan of Maggie because when I buy something, I expect to keep it on hand and not have to repurchase it if I want to reapply that item. Nowadays, I ignore her.