Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I almost can't belive what I'm saying but... nerf Pekkas???

Centennial Club

I almost can't belive what I'm saying but... nerf Pekkas???

those mass Pekka attacks are the new bowitch/electro no skill spam attacks.
    Right now almost everybody at TH12 is using from 4 upto 7 Pekkas, just pukes all his army at the TH and watches what happens.
    If you wanna graduate a step further you add some bat spells. It's the same spam but you need a tiny bit of skill to freeze Wizard Towers and Infernos, wow.
    What a boring meta, what ya think?
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:51 PM.

Forum Legend
    Why is it always "no skill spam attacks" when somebody's poorly designed base is crushed?

This time it just happened to include some slow as molases pekkas.

/Affront
    TH12-60/60/30|BH8-16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16/25| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

Disagree completely. Make a decent base.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by MyH4oBG View Post
    Right now almost everybody at TH12 is using from 4 upto 7 Pekkas..
    Errr... No they’re not.
    Quote Originally Posted by kajid View Post
    Loot difficulty has gone up again today by 2.5% Why do they keep increasing the loot difficulty this makes the game not worth playing and before you all say there is more inactive bases and less active players it still shouldn't be a 2.5% increase in difficulty.

i have 2 TH12 bases and have yet to see anyone uses pekkas . Not sure how you can say 'almost everybody'.

“Now remember, if things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.” ~Clint Eastwood

Pekkas are doin' great at the moment. No adjustments needed. It's time for you to adjust your base designing skills to level with the gameplay.
    Fully Maxed Out TH12
    Reached 6k+ in 2017
    Waiting for a new Update..
    ...and nothin' else to do.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by ev0lution View Post
    Don't you worry, my base is doing fine.

Boring meta? I don't think so. 3-star attacks are difficult to come by, but they aren't unheard of. There's also quite a lot of different armies to choose from: Pekka Bobat, Batslap, Dragbat, Miners, Hog Riders, EDrags, Lalo.

Also, I've seen Queen Walks, Queen Charges, Suicide Heroes, just a suicide king to funnel other troops, and heroes part of the main army. So quite a few different options on how to best use the heroes.

And for siege machines we have wall wreckers to help ground armies get through walls, stone slammers to attack key defenses or deliver electrone kill squads or be part of the main army in an air attack, and let's not forget battle blimps that are good at delivering troops to key locations in a base. So plenty of options to go around here as well.

That's a lot of different options to choose from and I've seen instances were all of them have wrecked bases. I've also tried a few of these to varying degrees of success (and that includes 1 star fails). It mostly comes down to the base you are attacking and using the army best to take it out. Some armies are better at securing 2 stars than others and some armies are more likely to result in triples. So when designing your base you need to take multiple armies into account, understand what your base is weak against, and learn to live with the results if they hit you with an army that counters your base design.

As far as the meta goes, I feel it's in a pretty good spot and offers plenty of options people to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    Why is it always "no skill spam attacks" when somebody's poorly designed base is crushed?

This time it just happened to include some slow as molases pekkas.

/Affront
    Quote Originally Posted by ev0lution View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by k3L View Post
    Pekkas are doin' great at the moment. No adjustments needed. It's time for you to adjust your base designing skills to level with the gameplay.
    ESL tournaments (online qualifiers and ESL mobile open) were dominated by pekkabobat and pekkasmash. I'm expecting same to be the case in the offline qualifier. You can't blame the base designs, or are you saying all those participants don't know how to build bases? I'm not sure if Pekkas need to be nerfed, but its not the fault of base designs alone.
    Last edited by BlazeStormz123; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:17 PM.
    Never Give Up Without Even Trying!

Centennial Club
    Almost every discussion about a new meta troop composition being too strong or not looks the same.

You generally get the answers "no one ever used that strat against me" or "your base is trash". But nothing really specific. And I doubt that the people who write that, know much about the strategy or about advanced base building.

However I think the op is overreacting. Its not right that everyone is using the strategy, maybe competitive players but it usually takes a long time for a strategy to make its way to the masses, as we see in this thread. And its also wrong that its a no skill attack, its definitely harder to execute than spam edrags or GiBoWi.

And nerfing Pekkas is the wrong approach, Pekkas don't make the strategy so strong its the healers. If your Pekkas move as a tight group the pekkas basically cant die while they are healed up. Reducing the healing power on regular troops (Heroes already recieve only 55%) would be the right decision imo.

But it is right that it is easier to use than other meta strategies like Queencharge miners/Lalo/Hogs, less planning is needed, works against most bases in the current meta, has less risk of a fail and a decent chance at getting 3 stars.
    All that combined makes this strategy too strong in my opinion.

Pekka Smash has been dominating the last few months in competitive play. And with the recent icegolem nerf, which was one of the best counters, the strat got even stronger. It's really hard to build against it.

Putting your inferno towers to single mode would counter the pekkas but makes your bases vulnerable to many other strategies and you could simply replace your pekkas with witches. Spreading your base out leads to split groups and the healers can't heal everyone at the same time anymore, but that makes your base weaker in general because you don't have those high DPS areas and you have bigger compartments. You can put some seeking air mines inside your base to kill the healers, but you have to predict the side where the attacker is coming from. A triple giant bomb may takes out all the bowlers, but only works if the opponent comes from the right side.

In short, most counters to Pekkasmash are impractical and make your base vulnerable to other strategies or only work if you predict the path the attacker is going to take.

But I guess the others that posted know more than me and I'm looking forward to see their expert base building tips.
    Last edited by Lorenz98; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:43 PM.