Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mid-percentage ties....

Mid-percentage ties....

So...more and more, I am seeing mid-percentage ties on my games. It’s crazy how often it happens - far more than 100% ties too.

Anyone else see the same...?
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Millennial Club
    Yeah I’m seeing similar things.

4 ties in my log currently - 257, 266, 266 & 268 - so, to answer the original question, yes!

During this most recent CGs, as well as 4 Gold Passes, I hit the BB hard on several BH8, BH4, and BH5 games that I’ve been working on. There were times when I would get as many as 3 draws in a row and they were ranging from 0/40 through to about 2/69. I rarely if ever see any above 70% but they’ve actually become common below that.
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

Honestly couldn't say.

Being maxed out I just complete my attack to achieve whatever I need for Clan Game or the Gold Pass Daily Challenge and move along without even waiting to see if I won or lost........
    Last edited by Jwp721; April 25th, 2019 at 01:43 PM.

Forum Legend
    Over the course of the existence of the Builder Base, I really do think that I've had ties from 29% to 100%, with every single value represented.

By now I'm like: huh, that was strange, I'm not even mad! :-)

/Affront
    TH12-62/63/33|BH9-16.16.16.17.16.18.16.16.16.16.1/30| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    Over the course of the existence of the Builder Base, I really do think that I've had ties from 29% to 100%, with every single value represented.

By now I'm like: huh, that was strange, I'm not even mad! :-)

/Affront
    I’ve had the same (even tied at something like 12% once on one of my BH2 games) but it’s not the values so much as how often these ties are popping up. It just seems odd that two, randomly selected players, would be doing the same percentage of damage so often. It feels a bit contrived - programmed, not random. I don’t know how it could be done, but it’s another one of those things that make you go hmmm....
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    I’ve had the same (even tied at something like 12% once on one of my BH2 games) but it’s not the values so much as how often these ties are popping up. It just seems odd that two, randomly selected players, would be doing the same percentage of damage so often. It feels a bit contrived - programmed, not random. I don’t know how it could be done, but it’s another one of those things that make you go hmmm....
    I hypothesize that the balance updates have shrunk the skill gap in the BB base. Also, the fact BH8 has been around so long has allowed players to get better, further decreasing the gap. The smaller the skill gap, the closer attacks will be on average in terms of %.

Forum Veteran
    I got disconnected one-time & the other guy probably did too; 0% draw. Wasn't frustrated with that one!

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyMortal View Post
    I hypothesize that the balance updates have shrunk the skill gap in the BB base. Also, the fact BH8 has been around so long has allowed players to get better, further decreasing the gap. The smaller the skill gap, the closer attacks will be on average in terms of %.
    I agree with this. I notice at max bh8 you get a lot of draws at the 2 star 53-59% range. I guess this is where the average ‘decent-but-not-the-best’ bh8 attack falls. Had 3 draws within this range the other day.