Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Lets discuss having more time and space at higher town halls and a 5* system

Forum Elder
    Right now unless i see a good argument (and i dont think i will) the 3 star is still easily the best measure of success. You know what 1 star means, 2 star means and what 3 stars means. Go to 5 stars and what does 2 or 3 or 4 stars really mean if we are giving stars at certain percentages? Attacks will change and the TH will no longer be the centerpoint to attacks. There is an argument to be made about everyone settling for 2 stars right now but at least we HAVE to make the TH a priority in attacks no matter what. I don't think moving away from that is a good idea. I can see attacks devolving into high percentage fests with no regard to the TH.

Forum Elder
    In a competitive & cloudless Legend League
    I’m personally not fond of a five star system. The game should stay a three star game, both in war and in trophy pushing. To avoid TH10v12 two stars and stop the two star meta, nerf TH10 offense slightly and provide a small buff to TH12 offense. It would separate the 50%s by TH10s and the 75%s by TH12s that much more.
    👊🏼 Mister 008 and Rusher 008, Co-Leader of Venum Elite 👊🏼 Mister 008- TH12.5, 65/65/40
    Walls:
    ALL ZAPS
    PR: 5573 🏆 #4896 🌎 and #262 🇺🇸

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I think the idea has merit, but in the end I’m not sure I’d like 1% point to mean another star. It already does for 50% and 100%. The 100% one makes sense, the hall of course makes sense and I guess 50% is ok. To have 74% be a full star less than 75% seems a bit off to me. I’d rather that war come down to % I think.
    That's a good point. I've always thought more stars would be a better indicator of how good an attack was, but I didn't think of it as the 74-75% breakdown (or wherever you put in the extra star). That point would seem to be even more frustrating than the 99% or 49% missing out on a star breakdowns.

One point I wanted to add is that if a 5 star system was adopted, you could make the TH worth 2 stars. It's supposed to be the most important building in the base. So if you went 50%, 75%, 100%, 2 for TH then you could still end up with the 2* 99%. Also, any attack that isn't a 3 star that doesn't include the TH would be devastating. Of course this is just in theory if a 5 star system was ever considered and I know it's have a big impact on the base design/attacking meta.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post
    Right now unless i see a good argument (and i dont think i will) the 3 star is still easily the best measure of success. You know what 1 star means, 2 star means and what 3 stars means. Go to 5 stars and what does 2 or 3 or 4 stars really mean if we are giving stars at certain percentages? Attacks will change and the TH will no longer be the centerpoint to attacks. There is an argument to be made about everyone settling for 2 stars right now but at least we HAVE to make the TH a priority in attacks no matter what. I don't think moving away from that is a good idea. I can see attacks devolving into high percentage fests with no regard to the TH.
    Not necessarily an argument, but more of an opinion. I would be open to a system of say 6 stars with 2 being for the TH. I think it require more decision making.

I think we're all just used to the 3 star system. I feel if we were used to 6 and some were suggesting moving to a simpler 3 star system the outrage and disagreement would be much more overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post
    See my previous post town hall could still be worth ⅓ of the stars.. This is about the developing compexity by necessity of what we all want (at least I do and I think the community agrees) of adding more content in the form of hero levels possibly new heros more defences and offences. And keeping the game skill based. If town hall was worth only 1/5 of the stars would still be a 3* out of 5* ie did not get town hall is not 100% and town hall -equals neg 2*. you lose in a competive war, but valid point has been made considering all angles for semi competive wars. Perhaps should be worth 2* in a 6* system meaning u get 3 out of 6* if you go that way, but still more likely the team that attacks with more skill ends up winning. I do try to look at things not only from my own perspective but others as well. This is why i think its a valid idea for the dev team to rediscover
    Last edited by Wachichi; April 24th, 2019 at 02:20 PM.

Wonderful thread!

I smirked at the topic only to read the thread and see sense in OP's thoughts. A lot of changes has happened to clash in major areas, matchmaking, ai, defenses and many new additions but considering a 5 star concept, i think it will bring more dynamism to cwl more than regular clan war since its a stacked result over 7 days (pardon my english). I believe this is been looked at. All the same i am in support of this proposition.

/06

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Holps View Post
    I have decided I am now posting in the style of my favourite online influencer - Donald Trump.

It looks like we are all in agreement. 5 stars it is. Everyone knows this is tremendous and everything else is fake news.
    Just... get out.

There really should be a FOUR star system. A participation star.... Won't count for anything but then no one gets their feelings hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Wachichi View Post
    See my previous post town hall could still be worth ⅓ of the stars.. This is about the developing compexity by necessity of what we all want (at least I do and I think the community agrees) of adding more content in the form of hero levels possibly new heros more defences and offences. And keeping the game skill based. If town hall was worth only 1/5 of the stars would still be a 3* out of 5* ie did not get town hall is not 100% and town hall -equals neg 2*. you lose in a competive war, but valid point has been made considering all angles for semi competive wars. Perhaps should be worth 2* in a 6* system meaning u get 3 out of 6* if you go that way, but still more likely the team that attacks with more skill ends up winning. I do try to look at things not only from my own perspective but others as well. This is why i think its a valid idea for the dev team to rediscover
    Well 2stars allocated to th will ensure the 1/3 importance to townhall, but again is it really neccesary? As Skrags told, game should be as simple as possible, so 3star system is better. And there's no way we can know for sure that 5star system willl really promote multi phased attacks or skilled based attacks. There's already the % that explains the difference between various attacks. And like I said in previous post, individual cases cancel out in the long run, so I don't think we should base anything upon the individual cases.
    Never Give Up Without Even Trying!

New Bloke/Chick
    Just throwing in my 2 cents in this not-so-bad-idea
    What if the 5* system is about 'achievements' not percentage?
    For example:

1* - th
    2* - 50%
    3* - 70% -- current mark for full loot bonus, maybe move this at 75% or 80%
    4* - all defenses are down
    5* - 100%

This way time fails may not be that bitter than they are now.