Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Lets discuss having more time and space at higher town halls and a 5* system

Lets discuss having more time and space at higher town halls and a new scoring system

Since I see no current and active threads on this topic I decided to make a new one. Given the current th12 M. E. T. A. and possibility of expansion to th13 and higher it seems logical to me (and to the people I have discussed this with) to have a system which has finer detail scoring than 3*. My current perspective is that attacks vs higher town halls deserve more time.(encouraging multi stage attacks) and that highest town halls deserve more map space than lower ones. Is this possible? It seems like a good idea to me if it is. I am interested in the communities thoughts.
    Last edited by Wachichi; May 1st, 2019 at 11:41 AM.

Forum Contender
    This has been discussed since back when TH10 was the highest TH level. So you can probably dig up the old threads and see if the arguments for and against these days matches the ones from years ago. I'm fairly certain you'll find the similar arguments for and against the idea.

Personally I'm fine with the current time limits, I see more multi-phase attacks these days that result in 3 stars than I used to back when these discussions began, so realistically I don't think time constraints really need to be adjusted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holps View Post
    Finally I would like to thank the lock on the toilet door. You are the reason I am here, the ying to my yang, my Clash buddy, my soul-mate. You have always been there when I needed to raid, when I needed to empty my collector and when I needed to turn down the sound and then finish with a distraction flush despite the fact that I didn't even sit down.

Hell no to more than a 3 star system
    Im a max 12 and I really think thats a terrible idea

Let's not jump on 'future possibilities' and maybe's ... doesn't serve much of a purpose, at least not at this time.

And... 'deserve more map space'? A TH5 doesn't use all of the map, but why should it be limited forcefully?

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    A 5* system is definitely out of the picture. There's really no reason for it when 3 stars tells the story well enough.

However, the jury is still out with regarding the map space. It was something we'd discussed during the development of TH12 but in the end we decided it didn't really add anything.
    AKA Tank Puppy

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2207 View Post
    This has been discussed since back when TH10 was the highest TH level. So you can probably dig up the old threads and see if the arguments for and against these days matches the ones from years ago. I'm fairly certain you'll find the similar arguments for and against the idea.

Personally I'm fine with the current time limits, I see more multi-phase attacks these days that result in 3 stars than I used to back when these discussions began, so realistically I don't think time constraints really need to be adjusted.
    I have read most of those threads and commented on a few. My reasoning on this issue applies to the competive nature of the game and the direction that it is heading. With the 3* system as it currently stands my th10 can 2* many th12 bases. Whereas a 3* attempt by a th12 is often a spam attack (which is often the best strategy with the current time restrictions) often ends in either a 1* or 2*. So very little difference to the the th10 attack. In the future I would like to see more buildings more heroes ect. But with the current space and time restrictions this can't happen in my mind. However I do not think that more space or time is required for lower town halls. Edit-this is not about the game is bad.. This is about will this improve the game by making it more competitive? I love the game as it is and how its evolving.
    Last edited by Wachichi; April 24th, 2019 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    A 5* system is definitely out of the picture. There's really no reason for it when 3 stars tells the story well enough.

However, the jury is still out with regarding the map space. It was something we'd discussed during the development of TH12 but in the end we decided it didn't really add anything.
    3* tells the story "well enough" ? Sure but 5* (or more) would tell the story better, especially considering CoC entry into the E-Sport erena. Thinking this has been put in the "too hard basket" which is fine.. As I said I love this game.
    Last edited by Wachichi; April 24th, 2019 at 09:29 AM.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Wachichi View Post
    3* tells the story "well enough" ? Sure but 5* (or more) would tell the story better, especially considering CoC entry into the E-Sport erena. Thinking this has been put in the "too hard basket" which is fine.. As I said I love this game.
    You have yet to explain why it would make things better. What purpose does a 5* achieve that a 3* doesn't? Both equate to 100% destruction, and for any amount in between we have the Destruction % listed. Each of the 3 stars indicates something significant; 50% (midway between 0 and 100%), TH destroyed, and 100% destruction.

An additional 2 more stars would indicate, what? 25% and 75%? Why?
    AKA Tank Puppy

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
    Terry Pratchett

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    You have yet to explain why it would make things better. What purpose does a 5* achieve that a 3* doesn't? Both equate to 100% destruction, and for any amount in between we have the Destruction % listed. Each of the 3 stars indicates something significant; 50% (midway between 0 and 100%), TH destroyed, and 100% destruction.

We would see lot more different base layouts and strategies, since currently 50% 2* is (except for war tie) exactly the same as 99% 2*.

I believe it would make attacks on TH12s a lot more interesting as simply sending TH11 to get some 2* so our TH12s can dip.

The reasoning lies in th12 (or higher) being able with an exceptional defensive layout to have defensive capability strong enough to prevent a 100% in most scenerios. And the winning clan wins by stars before percentage which only becomes a deciding factor in the event of a draw on stars. I don't see being able to build a base that can defend well as a bad thing. I do think it would be an improvement if an attack that ended in a 99% 1* or 99% 2* was worth more than a 50% 2* to the clan as an example. In summation 100% win 5* and 100% win 3* are exactly the same the difference is achieved when a fail to 100% occurs indicating a 3* as what was a 1* 99% or a 4* was a 99*% 2* rather than a 99% 1* or 2*
    Last edited by Wachichi; April 24th, 2019 at 02:50 PM.