Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Drop ship too easily countered?

Drop ship too easily countered?

I like using the drop ship, especially with night witches, but the only problem is that the drop ship is very effectively countered by almost every bb defence, it takes forever to destroy a crusher, the air mines destroy many of them with ease the mortars destroy all of the skeletons, same as the giant cannon. Is there any way that the drop ship could gain a little protection from these? Also its extremely expensive to research, making it harder to use more effectivly, just my thoughts though

I'm using them quite fine honestly.

If you want to avoid getting them all shot down by air mines, don't deploy all of them at once. Spread them out a bit, or delay placement, depending on design.

Dropships aren't supposed to be big hitter, so generally it's okay they take ages to destroy a crusher. They are tanks and support, not dps. Granted, they can be devastating, if a couple of dropships are able to drop their skeletons and they wreck havoc, but I somehow doubt that is their main-use, unless you were able to dismantle most of the AoE-defs.
    Depending on layout I'm getting 70+% on bases, even vs. maxed defences with lvl 15 Minions, lvl 15 dropships, lvl 10 BM.

Maybe looking some of the guides around can help you, with hint and tricks how others are able to use them für high%? Maybe it's just something special you miss, or got into a habit that caused some backlash with your loons?

Quote Originally Posted by Luicetarro View Post
    I'm using them quite fine honestly.

Maybe looking some of the guides around can help you, with hint and tricks how others are able to use them für high%? Maybe it's just something special you miss, or got into a habit that caused some backlash with your loons?
    Could be, I'll look into it, I agree that if the air mines and mortars and roaster are taken out they can be devastating, but I still feel with so many things able to completely counter any offense with them they should atleast make them cheaper to reasearch

I prefer using them with minions rather than witches although I'll occasionally run drop Mitch. The ships are to soak up damage while the minions do damage.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    I prefer using them with minions rather than witches although I'll occasionally run drop Mitch. The ships are to soak up damage while the minions do damage.
    Ok, this is starting to make more sence, when I unlocked them I saw thier GREAT offensive potential rather than support tanks, as I rarely use minions

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlex181 View Post
    Ok, this is starting to make more sence, when I unlocked them I saw thier GREAT offensive potential rather than support tanks, as I rarely use minions
    Yup Piper has the right advice. Your best bet is minions behind any drop ships as they are meant to be a flying tank more than an offensive troop.

They are tanks, that will deal their damage, once keydef is taken out of the village. So tanks first, dps second.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    I have never ever used them without minions.

Sometimes it is witches as well, but with either minions or a combination of minions and witches, their main purpose is as tanks.

Offensively they just aren't powerful enough to take out much before they get destroyed.

But they have enough defence to last long enough for other troops to do the offence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

I like using the drop ship, especially with night witches, but the only problem is that the drop ship is very effectively countered by almost every bb defence, it takes forever to destroy a crusher, the air mines destroy many of them with ease the mortars destroy all of the skeletons, same as the giant cannon. Is there any way that the drop ship could gain a little protection from these? Also its extremely expensive to research, making it harder to use more effectivly, just my thoughts though
    So...have you watched ANY of my videos on Minion Drops aka Shimi? 90% of the time, I use Drop Ships and Beta Minions on all of my games (the rest of the time I typically use GiBoCC). Unless I’m working on something special, Minion Drops is what I use for farming (3X daily loot wins), Clan Games, Gold Pass.... Most bases are actually set up to repel ground, Witches, or a mix of ground and air - it works great against all three. Every so often I will run into a base set up to repel air and I’ll usually lose that match, but it’s an uncommon find.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.