Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Are Pekkas + Bats and Witches + Bats spam attacks?

Are Pekkas + Bats and Witches + Bats spam attacks?

Title.

I am discussing with my clan leader. She thinks they are spam attacks because she can unleash all the troops without planning and still get a 2 star high % on TH12

I think it is a highly crafted strategy where you need deep focus for correct spell timing and a correct funneling to get those 3 stars on TH12

Who do you think is right?

It depends on the nature of the spam. Someone can be making plain spam and others can be making spam with rice covered in edible gold flakes. That would be difference between the top percent and the average.

Forum Elder
    Words "spam attack" is overused. It should mean attack anyone can do without skillsand correct timing and success. Yet still, many strategies which need good timing and correct deployment are called spam attacks. Attacks where good attacker seems to get easy 3 star and another without knowledge what he/she is doing end up getting 0-1.

If we compare pekkabobat and batslap with other strategies like queen walk miners, qw lalo, electrone lalo, etc, they are indeed easier to execute. Attacks like qw, lalo etc need much more planning than pekkabobat and batslap.

And other problem is, pekkabobat or batslap can mostly result in high % 2star, with a higher probability of 3stars. I watched livestreams of many wars of the ESL online qualifier, most of the attacks were pekkabobat or batslap, with some wars where all attacks were pekkabobat. And many of those attacks that didn't result in 3stars were timefails. Even in march Poland qualifier, pekkabobat or pekkasmash was widely used. I'm expecting the same in april's offline qualifier, probably even rise in the no. of such attacks.
    Never Give Up Without Even Trying!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaveMeBe View Post
    Title.

I am discussing with my clan leader. She thinks they are spam attacks because she can unleash all the troops without planning and still get a 2 star high % on TH12

I think it is a highly crafted strategy where you need deep focus for correct spell timing and a correct funneling to get those 3 stars on TH12

Who do you think is right?
    Your leader got a point, because your leader is a "she". lol

Okay, both of you are right. Spam attacks without much planning could still get you a 2 star. And so is many other strategies at TH12.
    But as you said, to get 3 stars you really need to have a good plan and execution, and I will add some luck to it.

If a person say without much planning spam attack could get you 3 stars, then that is not true at all.
    Last edited by Valky2013; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:28 AM.

Anything that only amounts to a 2* attack at best isn't worth discussing.

Level 17
    - 15,600/17,800 | Master II
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 201] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    Anything that only amounts to a 2* attack at best isn't worth discussing.
    Obviously, anything that amounts to 2star at best isn't worth discussing.
    But something that amounts to high% 2stars with a higher probability of 3stars, (with many 2stars being timefails) is worth discussing.
    Never Give Up Without Even Trying!

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeStormz123 View Post
    Obviously, anything that amounts to 2star at best isn't worth discussing.
    But something that amounts to high% 2stars with a higher probability of 3stars, (with many 2stars being timefails) is worth discussing.
    Nope. Still talking about 2 stars. Still isn't worth discussing. Come back again when more players have maxed out TH12 defenses (including all the new levels for archer towers and cannons).

Spam?

Depends on who is attacking. If it's me,it's a carefully planned attack,not a copy and paste army,that often fails to triple(but sometimes does).

If it's a certain clanmate of mine (who has better foresight and ninja like reactions), it's spam.

Joking aside, going town hall side and having suicide bats (due to poor freeze timing and poor base scouting) seems a straight forward safe two star spam. Getting the triple revolves around some planning and good spell timing imo.

Imo, pekka smash is spam. With bats the strategies require at least a bit of skill and/or planning. Maybe call it semi spam.