Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Are Pekkas + Bats and Witches + Bats spam attacks?

  1. #21
    Forum Elder Yachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by k3rnelp View Post
    C'mon, most players with old medals, book and season pass rewards almost max the new def...( for me, just 2 cannons for the goal)..... why don't release new 50 piece of wall?
    Good for you. For me, I do not see any value in using books or medals on defenses, and would rather reserve them for other upgrades should they come along in future. I'm not a very active farmer, so I am only at my 5th archer tower upgrade. Have not touched any cannons yet. I have also not come across any max TH12s in wars so far. Just my observations.


  2. #22
    Forum Elder Yachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    So basically you are saying it isn't worth discussing attack strategies, since are none around which can reliably star at TH12.

    So why bother joining in this thread? Or is this just implied bragging on your part?
    I was merely echoing someone else's sentiments. If you want to quote, quote both of us, don't be selective.

    If I come across as bragging, let me clarify that this is not what I intended. I'm a mere mortal, still struggling to triple TH12s (not even max) on a consistent basis. More often than not, when someone begins to talk about how dominant certain attack strategies are, it always ends up in a nerf on said strategy / troop / spell. I do not wish to see that happen when clearly, I do not observe such a thing, as do many others. So snuffing it out before it even begins.


  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    Oh, you mean 2 stars is considered acceptable to you? I'm surprised, because you have always come across as having an elitist mindset, that only the best of the best players are allowed to triple max TH12s. Spam attacks is a no-go in your book.
    Don't put words in my mouth. I have never said 3stars should be by best of the best only. And about 'so 2stars is acceptable to you', obviously it is acceptable, but one should always try to improve. And you are the one who said 2star is not even worth discussion, I didn't say so. I didn't call pekkabobat a spam attack too.


    You and I can only agree on one thing, that neither of us have statistics to prove that bat spells are dominant. Merely your opinion or observations, as to mine. All I have to say about this is I do not wish for yet another nerf to a viable attack strategy. We can come back again to discuss about it when bat spells has given rise to max TH12 triples at a rate deemed unacceptable by SC.
    Again more strawman. Who said bats are dominant? And where did I advocate for a nerf to bats? I believe bats are pretty balanced right now. But I did say attacks like pekkabobat and batslap are dominating the ESL tournaments. It doesn't mean bats should be nerfed. Lorenz had explained quite well in previous posts that neither Pekka nor bats should be nerfed, but the healers' healing effect on troops. I support it, but no one knows what SC will do.

    And if you have read my post, it mentions about 3stars too. Pekkabobat is not limited to 2stars only. It gets 3stars more often than other strats. (do you even read whole post?) And in this thread no one said we want nerf to this, nerf to that. We were only discussing about that strat. But you jumped on me just by seeing the word '2star' that it isn't even worth discussing.
    Please start to read whole post instead of jumping into conclusion by seeing some words.
    Last edited by BlazeStormz123; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:17 AM.
    Never Give Up Without Even Trying!

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    If I come across as bragging, let me clarify that this is not what I intended. I'm a mere mortal, still struggling to triple TH12s (not even max) on a consistent basis. More often than not, when someone begins to talk about how dominant certain attack strategies are, it always ends up in a nerf on said strategy / troop / spell. I do not wish to see that happen when clearly, I do not observe such a thing, as do many others. So snuffing it out before it even begins.
    If you had presented your argument that you don't see it being dominant or you still struggle to 3star, etc then it would have made sense. But you jumped on straight saying it isn't even worth discussion.
    Never Give Up Without Even Trying!

  5. #25
    Forum Elder Yachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeStormz123 View Post
    Don't put words in my mouth. I have never said 3stars should be by best of the best only. And about 'so 2stars is acceptable to you', obviously it is acceptable, but one should always try to improve. And you are the one who said 2star is not even worth discussion, I didn't say so. I didn't call pekkabobat a spam attack too.

    Again more strawman. Who said bats are dominant? And where did I advocate for a nerf to bats? I believe bats are pretty balanced right now. But I did say attacks like pekkabobat and batslap are dominating the ESL tournaments. It doesn't mean bats should be nerfed. Lorenz had explained quite well in previous posts that neither Pekka nor bats should be nerfed, but the healers' healing effect on troops. I support it, but no one knows what SC will do.

    And if you have read my post, it mentions about 3stars too. Pekkabobat is not limited to 2stars only. It gets 3stars more often than other strats. (do you even read whole post?) And in this thread no one said we want nerf to this, nerf to that. We were only discussing about that strat. But you jumped on me just by seeing the word '2star' that it isn't even worth discussing.
    Please start to read whole post instead of jumping into conclusion by seeing some words.
    Now I'm even more puzzled. If your intent was not to nerf bat spells, what's there more to discuss? Erm, ok, if you think that bat spells get more 3 stars than other strats, what do you want to do with them? I don't jump to conclusions, I look at the general direction in which your posts are driving at, and not from a single thread.


  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    Now I'm even more puzzled. If your intent was not to nerf bat spells, what's there more to discuss? Erm, ok, if you think that bat spells get more 3 stars than other strats, what do you want to do with them? I don't jump to conclusions, I look at the general direction in which your posts are driving at, and not from a single thread.
    Its an opinion thread on spam, shouldve expected drama. You really think nerfs come from community sentiment though?

    This thread isnt even talking about how dominant a strategy is, but whether or not its spam. OP thinks the strategy being discussed requires skill and planning to 3 star a base. I don't know.

    I think the root of the issue and cause for the miscommunication occurring in this thread, stems from whether you think spam relates to the compostion or the execution of an army.

    For me spam is a food, A chef will transform it, whereas someone else will give you fried spam. So im leaning towards it being a spam strat, just because its ease of use, even though it can still be turned into something great.

  7. #27
    Forum Elder Yachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleC View Post
    Its an opinion thread on spam, shouldve expected drama. You really think nerfs come from community sentiment though?

    This thread isnt even talking about how dominant a strategy is, but whether or not its spam. OP thinks the strategy being discussed requires skill and planning to 3 star a base. I don't know.

    I think the root of the issue and cause for the miscommunication occurring in this thread, stems from whether you think spam relates to the compostion or the execution of an army.

    For me spam is a food, A chef will transform it, whereas someone else will give you fried spam. So im leaning towards it being a spam strat, just because its ease of use, even though it can still be turned into something great.
    You are absolutely right. It was never a discussion on how dominant a strategy is to begin with, but was driven in that direction.


  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    Now I'm even more puzzled. If your intent was not to nerf bat spells, what's there more to discuss?
    There's alot to discuss. OP had asked whether pekkabobat and batslap are spam or not. Everyone gave their take on that question. Nobody had suggested to nerf anything in this thread. You're overexaggerating the topic.

    Erm, ok, if you think that bat spells get more 3 stars than other strats, what do you want to do with them?
    Hmm, so pekkabobat getting more triples = bat spells getting more triples, interesting! I don't want anything to be done with them, neither me nor anyone else here have suggested bat spells must be altered.

    I don't jump to conclusions, I look at the general direction in which your posts are driving at, and not from a single thread.
    Wow, I believed even my family was unable to understand me.
    Jokes aside, I think your method of determining general direction is flawed. You think my posts mean something doesn't mean my posts really mean what you say.

    Let me try this 'general direction'. 'Your posts on balance issues till now mean to degrade the competition in the game and make it too easy'. Your posts like 'it isn't worth discussion' mean to suppress free speech. Don't quote me on this, I'm not saying it is true. Just explaining how vague argument that is.

    And 'other thread'
    1. Those other threads that you are talking about were the topics dating few months back and had different context.
    2. Even in those threads, you had misinterpreted many of my arguments.
    3. Let's try to recall those threads, shall we?
    a. Thread on topic 'does bats need 2nd nerf?' : My argument was overall 'yes for at least th10s'. SC's stats told the same and they nerfed it.
    b. Thread on topic 'bats are nerfed to oblivion or was 2nd nerf justified' : My argument was, 'no they aren't nerfed to oblivion' Bats are still very effective even after the 2nd nerf.
    c. Thread on topic of th12, tornado and ice golem : In those threads, I had always agreed that th12 is too hard, tornado and ice golem needs balancing.
    Some people said, 'SC should cater to majority instead of minority' to which I put my argument that catering to majority only isn't a good idea. My argument was that, anything that involves skill or competition automatically forms a pyramidal structure or hierarchy. It is natural and people are interested and specialized in different things. So, majority will always be at the bottomif we look at only a one topic/aspect at a time, so catering to majority will only lead to degradation of competitive aspect from the game. My argument was overall that : If SC only caters to minority, game will become too hard for majority, and if SC only caters to majority, game will eventually become too easy. So, we need a balance.
    (But yeah, I now feel like I should have just ignored those posts, bcz my argument was misinterpreted later on)
    4. In the other thread you are refering to, some of your posts were based on a lie that I said, 'people should stop copying bases', when in fact I had always used word 'impractical' while describing that. You ignored that line and accused me for no reason.


    Even in this thread, I never called pekkabobat or batslap a spam attack. I simply posted my observation from ESL tournament that pekkabobat is dominating the tournament, which is something you can cross check if you want.
    Some others even called it spam, but no, instead of quoting them, you only quoted me and overexaggerated my points. I now feel like you just want to jump onto my points, don't know why? Kinda like you have a problem with me.

    You didn't jump into conclusion?
    Go back and see your posts. You ignored 'higher probability of 3stars' in my post and just highlighted the word '2 stars' to conclude that, '2 stars isn't even worth discussion' Ajax also called you for your post.
    Last edited by BlazeStormz123; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:28 AM.
    Never Give Up Without Even Trying!

  9. #29
    Forum Elder Yachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,147
    Jeeze... that wall of text... let me try to keep things simple.

    OP started this thread with the title: Are Pekkas + Bats & Witches + Bats spam attacks? Simple question, nothing too complicated. Started off well, first few replies were on point, then BloodyIrishman made the following statement:

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    Anything that only amounts to a 2* attack at best isn't worth discussing.
    Now, as to why he said this, I leave it to viewers' discretion, but I agree with him. Then comes your reply below...

    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeStormz123 View Post
    Obviously, anything that amounts to 2star at best isn't worth discussing.
    But something that amounts to high% 2stars with a higher probability of 3stars, (with many 2stars being timefails) is worth discussing.
    Suddenly, a simple question about whether said strategy is considered a spam attack or not has turned into high percentage 2 stars, high probability of 3 stars, yada yada... it was beginning to drift off topic and more towards how OP, oops, excuse me, how good said strategy is at getting good results. So, to reinforce his statement, I replied in a similar manner below:

    Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    Nope. Still talking about 2 stars. Still isn't worth discussing. Come back again when more players have maxed out TH12 defenses (including all the new levels for archer towers and cannons).
    Maybe I could have worded it better, in a less brutal, sort of way. Point is, there was no purpose to discuss how effective or powerful a certain strategy is when the topic at hand wasn't even that to begin with. It was beginning to drift off topic, I was trying to steer it back on course. But you took it personally and started with the "Oh, the "2 star is a fail" attitude, and go on to say the dominance of a single strat at tournament lvl is a matter of discussion. So I'm not wrong to say that your intent was to bring attention to this "dominance", which was premature IMO. Here is where you get all jumpy with your slew of replies, which I didn't bother to read too much in detail.

    Either way, if you think I have a problem with you, honestly, I don't. I only have one objective: I like the variety of attacks right now at TH12, and any move to quell that is making the game that I love a lot less fun. So I'd rather quench it before it escalates to a point where nerfs start all over again.


  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    Jeeze... that wall of text... let me try to keep things simple.

    OP started this thread with the title: Are Pekkas + Bats & Witches + Bats spam attacks? Simple question, nothing too complicated. Started off well, first few replies were on point, then BloodyIrishman made the following statement:



    Now, as to why he said this, I leave it to viewers' discretion, but I agree with him. Then comes your reply below...



    Suddenly, a simple question about whether said strategy is considered a spam attack or not has turned into high percentage 2 stars, high probability of 3 stars, yada yada... it was beginning to drift off topic and more towards how OP, oops, excuse me, how good said strategy is at getting good results. So, to reinforce his statement, I replied in a similar manner below:



    Maybe I could have worded it better, in a less brutal, sort of way. Point is, there was no purpose to discuss how effective or powerful a certain strategy is when the topic at hand wasn't even that to begin with. It was beginning to drift off topic, I was trying to steer it back on course. But you took it personally and started with the "Oh, the "2 star is a fail" attitude, and go on to say the dominance of a single strat at tournament lvl is a matter of discussion. So I'm not wrong to say that your intent was to bring attention to this "dominance", which was premature IMO. Here is where you get all jumpy with your slew of replies, which I didn't bother to read too much in detail.

    Either way, if you think I have a problem with you, honestly, I don't. I only have one objective: I like the variety of attacks right now at TH12, and any move to quell that is making the game that I love a lot less fun. So I'd rather quench it before it escalates to a point where nerfs start all over again.
    I can't believe this is your justification. So how should I have replied? Should I have called it 'spam', 'semi spam' or 'skilled'? All these terms are relative terms, based on people's own opinion. I had thought if I use these terms directly, it will create more issues. So, I explained in detail how pekkabobat is easier to execute than other strats like qw miners, lalo, etc and gives same or better result than those, which is the reason of it being popular.

    Now, BloodyIrishMan said, anything which results in 2star at best shouldn't be worth discussion. So, I corrected him that those strats have a good potential to get 3stars too.

    But no, you won't see the word '3star', simply highlight the '2star' to repeat again that it isn't worth discussion.

    And this off topic thing : Only the op's main post doesn't form the whole conversation in a thread, the subsequent sub posts also provide context for further discussion.
    Igroot's thread about defense being stagnant went through alot of topics ; talk about tornado and ice golem, then about bowitch, about Dmoore's calculations and 1star and 3star rates relations, majority minority talk, etc.
    In this particular case, BloodyIrishman's post that the attacks resulting in 2star at best isn't worth discussion gave the context to answer that they have higher probability of 3stars too.

    Your posts also went off topic to 'general direction', 'other threads, etc and you also brought up a false narrative that we want a nerf to bats, when no one in the thread had implied that.

    And your post on Th12s don't have max ATs or cannons based on your personal village or clan is also off topic. Whatever I said, backed it up with ESL tournament which is something you all can go and cross check.

    You could have presented your opinion about the strats being discussed, but no, you simply concluded that it isn't even worth discussion. Please don't accuse me of going off topic, when I can find the same with many posts of yours' and others'. And don't overexaggerate my posts to the lvls that I want a nerf to bats. None of us had said anything regarding nerf this or nerf that.
    Note : Instead of misinterpreting my posts, better ignore them if you don't agree with them.
    Last edited by BlazeStormz123; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:46 AM.
    Never Give Up Without Even Trying!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •