Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Are Pekkas + Bats and Witches + Bats spam attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    Nope. Still talking about 2 stars. Still isn't worth discussing. Come back again when more players have maxed out TH12 defenses (including all the new levels for archer towers and cannons).
    Oh, the '2 star is a fail' attitude.
    But fyi, those attacks result in 3stars also, more often than other strats. Dominance of a single strat at the tournament lvl is a matter of discussion imo.
    And about new AT and cannon lvl, I believe most war players have already maxed them with use of the medals collected over past months. But neither you nor me can know the actual stats.
    Last edited by BlazeStormz123; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:36 AM.
    Never Give Up Without Even Trying!

Nope. Still talking about 2 stars. Still isn't worth discussing. Come back again when more players have maxed out TH12 defenses (including all the new levels for archer towers and cannons).

C'mon, most players with old medals, book and season pass rewards almost max the new def...( for me, just 2 cannons for the goal)..... why don't release new 50 piece of wall?

So players modified bases to defend edrags and hogs, now they get wrecked by bats, guess whats next? Yep, the return of edrags and hogs after people change their base to defend bats. Spammy bacon mmmhmm
    Come see me for seige machines: #28Y8QVG2V
    Save money on sunscreen by hanging in legends
    #​MAGA

Millennial Club
    At the end of the day who really cares? As another said, it's an overused term. If it's successful it's successful and I certainly don't consider a high % 2 a fail since the 3 star % against strong 12's is pretty darn low in war.

Centennial Club
    In a Pekka Smash attack almost all troops get deployed in the first 30 seconds or so, leaving only spells to control the outcome of the rest of the attack.

At some point you can't really predict what's going to happen, which buildings will the Bowler bounce, will the pekkas go against a wall, will the queen take out certain defenses, etc. Instead of figuring out whats going to happen you can as well roll a dice, the result would be the same.

Imo, the lack of control is what defines a spam attack. Of course you can never have full control over the attack and the line between spam and controlled attacks is blurry.

Multi phased attacks usually offer more control and you can better predict the outcome. As long as the first phases work out as planned its likely that you get the result you wanted.
    The smaller the amount of troops you use at once, the more predictable is the outcome of this phase.

And to get back to the main question, bats offer a little more control over the attack and so PekkaBoBat is less spammy than Pekka Smash. However I still consider it a spam attack because its hard to control what the main push is doing.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16
    So basically you are saying it isn't worth discussing attack strategies, since are none around which can reliably star at TH12.

So why bother joining in this thread? Or is this just implied bragging on your part?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingKoala View Post
    So players modified bases to defend edrags and hogs, now they get wrecked by bats, guess whats next? Yep, the return of edrags and hogs after people change their base to defend bats. Spammy bacon mmmhmm
    Most bases already have all infernos set to multi and changed wizard tower positions because of bats. But that is not a guarantee that your base is safe against bats. Base building is not as easy as many think. And especially Pekkasmash/Pekkabobat/Batslap are really hard to build against.

Hogs already have a comeback with the new Lv.9 hogs and the icegolem nerf.
    Edrags were never gone, they are still the easiest way to secure 2 stars.

Fresh Spawn
    Well, it's been 2 wars (4 attacks) of using batslap with my 12 against maxed 12s.. aaand I can confirm that batslap IS a spam attack.. Why? Because I didn't plan really well for it but still managed to 3star. I just spawn everything on the enemy base, wait for the correct time to drop the bats & freeze, and bamm 3 star even if I messed up my queen, my warden didn't follow the main squad, etc.. imo though

Forum Elder
    Technically you are both correct IMO.

to me SPAM is basically troop 'vomit' and support spells. (typically a lot of Rage or Heal) Troops are usually deployed from one spot, or one side, or even around the base like old school Archer attack. even if the spells well timed and placed. If your troops are ALL out in the first 15-30 secs (including Royals) there is a high chance its SPAM attack. Bowlers and Witches in mass achieve this. Zap Drags, or DragLoon also achieve this; Baby Drag and Loon also fit the mold IMO.

I will admit though things like timing Freeze spells by WTs/ITs to help the Bats for example, can actually help get the 3 star, so even though its reactionary; its still has an 'planned element' of precision that would allow a clasher to get that elusive 3. as well as Funneling troops in the first 45, or so secs of the battle.. planning for Kill squad and the like.

So yea, its kinda both. the less spammy elements of spell timing and placement as well as taking the time to funnel troops and actually execute 'planned attack elements' tailored to the base one is attacking; make spammy raids a bit more like planned attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeStormz123 View Post
    Oh, the '2 star is a fail' attitude.
    But fyi, those attacks result in 3stars also, more often than other strats. Dominance of a single strat at the tournament lvl is a matter of discussion imo.
    And about new AT and cannon lvl, I believe most war players have already maxed them with use of the medals collected over past months. But neither you nor me can know the actual stats.
    Oh, you mean 2 stars is considered acceptable to you? I'm surprised, because you have always come across as having an elitist mindset, that only the best of the best players are allowed to triple max TH12s. Spam attacks is a no-go in your book.

You and I can only agree on one thing, that neither of us have statistics to prove that bat spells are dominant. Merely your opinion or observations, as to mine. All I have to say about this is I do not wish for yet another nerf to a viable attack strategy. We can come back again to discuss about it when bat spells has given rise to max TH12 triples at a rate deemed unacceptable by SC.