Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: -BRAND NEW TH10- What to upgrade and use at th10?

-BRAND NEW TH10- What to upgrade and use at th10?

Hi all, I hope this reaches you all well. I just upgraded to th10 today, as of 4/22/19 and is wondering what to upgrade. I have five builders and have put under the spell factory, lab, both barracks, and clan castle. Here is a picture to show you my profile and base: *i have not dropped new buildings or walls yet

I am also asking if you would recommend any attack strategies, but the original question should take priority.

It appears your heroes are 12 king and 11 aq so I would focus on upgrading them for quite a while. Every 5th level they get a boost to their ability, which is a good point to take a small break. It can be a little tiring, so dont burn yourself out, I took a pitstop every 5 levels or so to try out my heroes in war and have some fun raiding with them.

When Im in grind mode I keep 1 builder free to dump excess resources into walls. 2 builders stay with heroes and 2 builders to buildings. As far as efficiency goes, if builders have less total upgrade time left than heroes do, by the time you hit max you will be left with 2 idle builders( I dont consider having a builder available for walls as "idle") and 3 builders working on heroes and walls.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleC View Post
    It appears your heroes are 12 king and 11 aq so I would focus on upgrading them for quite a while. Every 5th level they get a boost to their ability, which is a good point to take a small break. It can be a little tiring, so dont burn yourself out, I took a pitstop every 5 levels or so to try out my heroes in war and have some fun raiding with them.

When Im in grind mode I keep 1 builder free to dump excess resources into walls. 2 builders stay with heroes and 2 builders to buildings. As far as efficiency goes, if builders have less total upgrade time left than heroes do, by the time you hit max you will be left with 2 idle builders( I dont consider having a builder available for walls as "idle") and 3 builders working on heroes and walls.
    What would you consider as a good de grinding strategy with no heroes?

To start th10 I used a lot of giwipe for de specifically and mass gobs to pull both de and elixir. Both can be effective even with th9 levels.
    Giwipe packs a strong enough punch to get to the core of a th10.
    Mass gobs can eat the core out of a base with 2 heals, 2 jumps and a rage. But can also be used spell free with only a portion of the army.

If youre having trouble dealing with the multi inferno meta, try pekka smash.

Eventually you will shift into Miners. Initially they take a bit to cook @ 3minutes per, but get 3 barracks and youll start cranking the miners out in 40 seconds each. With all barracks maxed and the max gold pass perk, Im currently cranking them out in 24 seconds a piece. Lvl 1 miners are ok for raiding th9s and low 10s but if you want to hit strong 10s and 11s you will want to upgrade miners to 3 asap.

Forum Legend
    Focus on elixir first to get the following knocked out ASAP: lab, spell factory, camps, all 3 drills to 7, unlock miners
    With gold after you upgrade the CC, which should be your very first gold upgrade at TH10, spend gold on whatever you want.
    Once this is done, raid with miners for DE and keep your heroes down constantly. L1 miners can be used but L2 or L3 are even better.
    You can raid with miners and heal with no DE outlay except for the 1 poison spell.
    You should be able to keep both heroes down until at least L20/20 if you are active.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

So now that I know that I should be upgrading heroes (thanks ) is there a defensive upgrade priority I should be working on? Should I hold back on xbows and infernos? What defenses should I upgrade first? (Sorry for all the questions) thanks 😃

Quote Originally Posted by brolaxer99 View Post
    So now that I know that I should be upgrading heroes (thanks ) is there a defensive upgrade priority I should be working on? Should I hold back on xbows and infernos? What defenses should I upgrade first? (Sorry for all the questions) thanks 😃
    No worries. Tactics and Strategy is a great place for that.

With the introduction of cwl, the strategy paradigm has shifted slightly. Cwl is not weighted and pairs randomly with 7 other clans in the same league. Which means that defensive/offensive weights and upgrading things will not affect your matchup.

For Cwl and farming there are no upgrades that can hurt you. Only if you rush to a th without having troops ready to farm.

As for regular war the matchmaker has changed slightly. I still abide by the philosophy of "if you cant 3 it, dont place it". In all it seems that high level heros carry similar weight as ITs, But placing infernos before your heros are a more natural level ~30 can also contribute to heavier weights.

So now you have two choices, upgrade for cwl or regular war.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by brolaxer99 View Post
    So now that I know that I should be upgrading heroes (thanks ) is there a defensive upgrade priority I should be working on? Should I hold back on xbows and infernos? What defenses should I upgrade first? (Sorry for all the questions) thanks 
    How serious are you about regular war? With those heroes I’m guessing not very serious.
    with that in mind I’d go ahead and drop all the new defenses as they will help protect loot and won’t hurt you in CWL.
    that said dropping the heavies like 3rd xbow and 2 inferno towers will affect your regular war weight quite a bit.

as for regular defenses at 10 a lot is personal choice but in kind of like the following order
    walls and traps to manage excess gold and builder timing
    ADs
    teslas
    wiz towers
    archer tower
    mortars
    sweepers
    cannons
    bomb towers

if you are trying to keep weight down hold off on xbows and infernos for awhile. If you don’t care about war weight, do them first. Once you do put them down you’ve taken on “most” of the weight so keep them on constant upgrade after you buy them.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Centennial Club
    This seems a not too old post to resurrect (hopefully) and I have a similar question. I’m looking for any opinions on existing defense upgrades in TH10.

Current status:
    Maxed defenses and walls for TH9
    AQ is 35, BK is 30
    All offensive building upgrades are done
    New traps all added, all traps done for TH10
    Teslas done for TH10
    Existing xbows going for TH10
    3rd DE drill about half done
    1st and 2nd DE drill still L6

I use 4 workers, keeping one (largely) free. Walls are about 40% done (though I have not yet added the new ones).

I am adverse to adding any new defenses until I have upgraded some/most of my existing ones.

Normally I would start on the air defenses, but 2x L7 lightning will kill a TH10 AD just like it will kill a TH9 AD. But I am struggling to come up with a preferred upgrade order for the existing TH9 defenses anyway.

Any thoughts/comments on what next, defensively?

Cheers,

Quali
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH10 - LOJY8UUP9