Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: -BRAND NEW TH10- What to upgrade and use at th10?

Quote Originally Posted by Quali View Post
    This seems a not too old post to resurrect (hopefully) and I have a similar question. I’m looking for any opinions on existing defense upgrades in TH10.

Current status:
    Maxed defenses and walls for TH9
    AQ is 35, BK is 30
    All offensive building upgrades are done
    New traps all added, all traps done for TH10
    Teslas done for TH10
    Existing xbows going for TH10
    3rd DE drill about half done
    1st and 2nd DE drill still L6

I use 4 workers, keeping one (largely) free. Walls are about 40% done (though I have not yet added the new ones).

I am adverse to adding any new defenses until I have upgraded some/most of my existing ones.

Normally I would start on the air defenses, but 2x L7 lightning will kill a TH10 AD just like it will kill a TH9 AD. But I am struggling to come up with a preferred upgrade order for the existing TH9 defenses anyway.

Any thoughts/comments on what next, defensively?

Cheers,

Quali
    So I would first recommend getting those DE drills max'ed out. I love having that free supply of DE working its way into my storages and the sooner you get it done, the more you make (in a manner of speaking). Your heroes are actually in really good shape for TH10 and so DE may not be a focus (I obviously don't know your DE demands atm) but I would still max the pumps out personally.

In regards to defenses, you're good on xbows (TH10 level bows do a lot of work) and teslas (strong and low war weight) so I would suggest focusing on the other low WW upgrades (e.g., ADs, cannons, ATs - did cannons first as relatively large dps boost). I would also reconsider your stance on ADs as (the way I think about it) I don't upgrade ADs to increase their HP (e.g., so lightnings cannot down them) but rather to dish out heaps of damage against hounds and dragons, both of which can be tough to deal with at TH10 and so I like having them max'ed out. After these are done, then I would start working through the medium WW turrets (i.e., mortars, WTs, BTs) and finish with my ITs. This is how I approached TH10 and it worked well for me. No wrong way to do it though

Quote Originally Posted by Quali View Post
    This seems a not too old post to resurrect (hopefully) and I have a similar question. Im looking for any opinions on existing defense upgrades in TH10.

Current status:
    Maxed defenses and walls for TH9
    AQ is 35, BK is 30
    All offensive building upgrades are done
    New traps all added, all traps done for TH10
    Teslas done for TH10
    Existing xbows going for TH10
    3rd DE drill about half done
    1st and 2nd DE drill still L6

I use 4 workers, keeping one (largely) free. Walls are about 40% done (though I have not yet added the new ones).

I am adverse to adding any new defenses until I have upgraded some/most of my existing ones.

Normally I would start on the air defenses, but 2x L7 lightning will kill a TH10 AD just like it will kill a TH9 AD. But I am struggling to come up with a preferred upgrade order for the existing TH9 defenses anyway.

Any thoughts/comments on what next, defensively?

Cheers,

Quali
    For CWL drop your infernos and xtra x bow, and fast track major defenses to max.

If you prefer to stick to your philosophy, then I would upgrade ads and archer towers next. I rarely saw lightning spells as a th10, the extra dps from the ads can really add up though.
    Last edited by MiddleC; July 16th, 2019 at 10:12 PM.

Centennial Club
    Thank you both for taking the time to answer. Just to close the loop:

DE: my DE needs are nowhere near the ones I had for TH9. I have made a big dent in my lab upgrades for DE, so I am doing the drills but only putting 1 builder to them.

ADs: I’m not against upgrading them, it’s just they weren’t the super easy decision of do these first as they were in TH9. I agree they are a very important defense.

CWL vs WW: I’m more interested in managing my war weight, we are new to Gold 3 in CWL. If CWL was a priority then absolutely yes the inferno and extra xbow would be down.

I will work on ADs, ATs, sweepers and cannon towers next. Thanks!

Quali
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH10 - LOJY8UUP9