Thread: Best thing to put in War Castles?!?!

Centennial Club

Best thing to put in War Castles?!?!

What's the best thing besides electrodragons to put in clan castles for war??? Thanks!!

Waiting beside my human bestie to throw my favorite ball
    That all comes down to what level your THs are. I find putting Balloons in THs 6 and below great. There are most likely plenty of combos to use for all TH levels that I can't even name.

I like to use a baby drag, witch, valk and loon as a th 10. I used the same combo as a 9 w/o the loon, sometimes swapped baby drag for 2 loons. But it all depends on what type of attacks your base design attracts. The combo I just mentioned is an aggressive counter to queen walks. A more defensive counter to queen walk is lava hound. I am not a fan of edrags in war cc, but they can be effective sometimes especially against low level queens.

If your looking for a general best troop to put in cc, I would have to say ice golem takes the title. You can run 2, they are also great with loons or witches.

Also for war ccs, I try to switch up defenses, so as not to create a pattern that the enemy can start to predict, everything from barbs to ice golems can be effective if it surprises the attacker.

New Bloke/Chick
    Air is always good. Ice golems were good til they nerfed em for defense. Witches can be annoying as the skellies take time to kill.
    Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in.
    - Michael Corleone

Centennial Club
    There is no "best" troop composition to put into war ccs.
    The questions to ask are: What defensive cc troops will cause the most distraction to an attacker? What troops could possibly mess up an attacker's timing?
    I personally don't like edrags as their charge up is very slow & they usually die before getting off an attack. Their death lightning doesn't do enough damage to warrant 30 capacity for defense.
    For a th9 defending against a th9 attacker, an edrag can mess up the attack, but th10 & higher, not so much.
    1 ice golem with a witch can mess with edrags or attacks that use lots of bat spells due to skellies.
    2 witches with a baby drag is also good. The skellies can really mess with any troop composition, but especially edrags and attacks with bat spells.

Forum Elder
    I think for most bases Edrags suck. If even decently played you can take them down without them getting off a shot.

Combo witches, ice golems, baby dragons or dragons.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post
    I think for most bases Edrags suck. If even decently played you can take them down without them getting off a shot.

Combo witches, ice golems, baby dragons or dragons.
    Ice golems were nerfed for defense but I still see people using them.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyDawg View Post
    Ice golems were nerfed for defense but I still see people using them.
    Don't see why you wouldn't. It was justly nerfed but that doesn't mean its no longer effective.