Thread: Rushed th12 defense upgrade path, CWL specific

Rushed th12 defense upgrade path, CWL specific

I have a heavily rushed th12 used primarily for donations. Our clan is in gold 2 so this account is also useful in CWL at that level, since I've gotten a few troops upgraded to the point that i can take most th10 bases.

My path thus far for defense upgrades has been to do the cheapest upgrades possible as that seems to be the best bang for the buck. For instance, right now the first giga upgrade is 6 Mill, but for the same money i can upgrade 6 cannons, 4 Archer towers, two xbows or one inferno, so I'm about to do the cannons.

I was wondering others' opinions on this? Are there certain higher level defenses where the upgrades should be prioritized over lower level and cheaper upgrades.
    TMBG War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    Discord name: Doctor Worm/doug#7296
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 35/40 heroes
    TH11 - doug 46/40/14 heroes

5 star town hall would by my primary focus, it truly is a game changer when on defense. And other then that, i would do the most expensive upgrade you can afford at the time a builder is free, but don't neglect your traps, they are a hidden gem while defending, a max seeking air mine can take out a max GW, meanwhile a level 2 can not.
    Level: 250 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Get your Eagle and 5 star giga. After that, depends on what league you're in. If you're in Gold 2, focus on everything that does well against Edrags - ITs, X-bows, Air Sweepers, Air Defenses, Archer Towers, and Seeking air Mines
    Last edited by Rascal2013; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:33 PM.

Forum Elder
    My 12 was rushed for donating siege too. It only gets used in cwl, same as yours.
    What I did, was drop everything, and take them to around th10 level first.
    Then I started with working top to bottom. Didnt take giga to max, as our clan struggles with attacking strategy, so stayed away from top spot. Is either giga 3 or 4, cant remember which.
    But then I maxed the eagle, and am just completing the IT to level 5. After that it will be the bows, then splash I think (teslas are already big too).
    Since there is no weight in cwl, then defensive power is better than weight efficiency. Is a nice change to the norm.
    Am enjoying throwing some weight at that 12, although anything above edrag is beyond me for now on the offence side.

Interesting to read about the seeking air mines. Sounds like a plan, although edrag seems to be the go to troop in crystal 3 too, so is unlikely that many wardens will fall prey.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:20 PM.

thanks guys.

i struggle to believe the 10,000,000 price tag for EA is worth it considering i could do roughly 7 other defense upgrades for the same amount. there's obviously a point at which the bigger defenses are worth more than several weaker defenses. that's kind of what I'm trying to determine.

Josh, was it just cannons and ats you took to ten? i think the 10->11 upgrade is 2 Mill so that might be a good time to switch.

bombs, seekers and such are relatively inexpensive. I'll definitely prioritize them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    thanks guys.

i struggle to believe the 10,000,000 price tag for EA is worth it considering i could do roughly 7 other defense upgrades for the same amount. there's obviously a point at which the bigger defenses are worth more than several weaker defenses. that's kind of what I'm trying to determine.

Josh, was it just cannons and ats you took to ten? i think the 10->11 upgrade is 2 Mill so that might be a good time to switch.

bombs, seekers and such are relatively inexpensive. I'll definitely prioritize them.
    If you have a clump of edrags, and the EA can smash them for 900? In one round, more then a 10 dps boost on 5 AT's
    Last edited by Warios; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:03 AM.
    Level: 250 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    If you have a clump of edrags, and the EA can smash them for 900? In one round, more then a 10 dps boost on 5 AT's
    This was my reasoning Warios.
    Although, I am talking really neglected defences in the beginning. Skipped levels to gain that wrecker advantage when it first came out.

So, to give it some reasonable standard defence, archer towers, cannons, tesla, couple of wiz towers needed work first.
    Bear in mind, if they dont need to do that 60% troop drop (I think), then the eagle is simply ornamental value, and is only one structure anyway, so if targeted, then some back up is already in place.
    Traps are something that I tend to upgrade on a whim anyway, so big bombs tend to be done. Never gave thought to seeking mines in particular tho. Is forefront in my mind, although I havent a clue what level they are at, maybe done, maybe not.
    I think the guys with bigger/max heroes are most likely to stomp me as things stand, so level 6 IT, set to single, needs to be high on my wish list.

So, I still feel taking bog standard, point defence to a workable level provides a good platform from which to grind out the big stuff, and an added bonus is that a hammer adds a level to something every season now.
    Heroes are still a little (or a lot) thin, but edrags overcomes that deficiency rather. CWL is about scoring, but I would like a base first, and I feel you are in the same thought process puma.

so i was thinking that hp increase in the defenses would be better when you're doing the smaller, cheaper defenses... and overall at the current prices they are, but not by much. on the low end I think it makes sense to take Josh's approach and i think he might have found the ideal point to switch.

the first inferno upgrade increases the hit points by nearly 30%. the first xbow upgrade by 20%. the first EA upgrade is 400hp, all huge compared to the Archer tower or cannons which are slightly under 10% right now.

Forum Elder
    on my rusher 12 I pretty much only prioritized the Aplha-Turrets. Giga5 TH, the Eagle, all three ITs and all four X-bows and all five Teslas. the Gear up AT is going to max rn. 1 WT is L9 and my A/Defs are L9. everything else is TH9ish OR LOWER (lol) from there I will do Traps WTs A/Defs, ATs and then cannons.. (Aesthetically I like the look of BTs too, so I usually do them for 'vanity' out of order of better suited Defs like ATs)

FWIW although its 1 upgrade for the price of up to 6-7 turrets; its way closer to max than those cannons are, (at least mine anyhow) so in my mind I like to do the expensive upgrades that only have a few levels to max out. and then you can focus on mass upgrades which will strengthen your base gradually.

this method spikes your DPS in spurts. but also weakens you in MP so there is give an take.

also FWIW I also don't give two smelly rats ankles about Def in MP and only half of one in our Farm Wars and CWL. its a Donation mule, its not a front line War machine. Max Siege and nearly all max troops is what this acct is about.

Yeah, this account is great in gold 2 when our only other option is a TH7. I don't take it in classic wars at all, the army camps are still 8 upgrades away from max. At this point most of my regular defenses are TH7/8 level.

I am definitely switching over to bigger upgrades now, although I will probably devote one builder to Seekers. Once I get a second barracks opened for edrags (so I can cook them in 12 min instead of 24) I will probably focus on 4 more camp upgrades. For those interested, this is the account: https://www.clashofstats.com/players.../achievements/
    TMBG War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    Discord name: Doctor Worm/doug#7296
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 35/40 heroes
    TH11 - doug 46/40/14 heroes