Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let the Barbarian King step out of his radius while being attacked.

Let the Barbarian King step out of his radius while being attacked.

I've seen it multiple times that the Grand Warden targets the Barbarian King that is defending but because of the range of the Warden's attack, he can hit the King at a safe distance while the King walks back and forth with a question mark above his head until he is defeated.

I'm suggesting that if a ground unit is attacking the king, he will confront them, regardless of being further from his altar, and then return to his original area once he eliminates the threat.

I'm not 100% sure that GW outranges BK's radius -- what if GW was in air mode? -- but that would be the only case when BK won't be triggered by a ground troop.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWalkerr View Post
    I'm not 100% sure that GW outranges BK's radius -- what if GW was in air mode?
    Sometimes you may get the King to go as far as his radius will take him, but if there is opposing troops near by, he may stay near the edge rather than return to his altar, in which case a range troop may be able to pick him off.

I could see this work, he could follow whatever is attacking him out of his ring, kill it and any close by troops and go back

Here is the problem with this. The barbarian king and the archer queen used to be able to go anywhere on the map on defense once they caught sight of an enemy troop. In which case invaders would draw them out away from defenses and easily take them out with a few troops. What youre asking can be exploited in the same way. All one would need is a few cheap troops to draw the bk from his radius away from defenses and drop a few more troops to knock him out. Therefore in my opinion this is not a good idea as it would be supercell going backwards and a very easy way to kill the bk.
    Last edited by bobkoch1984; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobkoch1984 View Post
    Here is the problem with this. The barbarian king and the archer queen used to be able to go anywhere on the map on defense once they caught sight of an enemy troop. In which case invaders would draw them out away from defenses and easily take them out with a few troops. What youre asking can be exploited in the same way. All one would need is a few cheap troops to draw the bk from his radius away from defenses and drop a few more troops to knock him out. Therefore in my opinion this is not a good idea as it would be supercell going backwards and a very easy way to kill the bk.
    Well, him just standing there getting killed defencelessly isnt any better, at least with drawing him out hey have to give up precious troop space, and as if I said, once the attacker is eliminated he returns directly to his place, as there is no troop that runs away from its target so he cant be drawn out far

Quote Originally Posted by bobkoch1984 View Post
    All one would need is a few cheap troops to draw the bk from his radius away from defenses and drop a few more troops to knock him out.
    If the King is within the base, cheap troops wouldn't lure him out of the base before the defense take all those troops out. If a player has several troops going that direction, luring him wouldn't be a concern as they are planning on defeating the King on the way. What I'm suggesting is that if the Kong isn't just waiting to get taken down if he is getting attacked by ground units.

Quote Originally Posted by IceBird1 View Post
    If the King is within the base, cheap troops wouldn't lure him out of the base before the defense take all those troops out. If a player has several troops going that direction, luring him wouldn't be a concern as they are planning on defeating the King on the way. What I'm suggesting is that if the Kong isn't just waiting to get taken down if he is getting attacked by ground units.
    Is there any unit this happens with other than the warden and his peashooter? Seems like a really niche use case.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Is there any unit this happens with other than the warden and his peashooter? Seems like a really niche use case.
    Really, any ranged troop sitting just outside his ring can pick him off, as long as he is close to the edge

Quote Originally Posted by Carlex181 View Post
    Really, any ranged troop sitting just outside his ring can pick him off, as long as he is close to the edge
    Really? When doing snipe heroes, if he's close enough for my queen to hit, he seems to attack. Again, I think this is a pretty small use case issue.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22