Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TH 9 No longer the make or break TH level?

Centennial Club

TH 9 No longer the make or break TH level?

I made a third account last year and it was a maxed th8 for a while until last week when I upgraded to th9. I noticed upgrade times a th9 have been cut dramatically. I remember how long it took to max out at th9. It was the th level in which many players just gave up and either quit, or just rushed and upgraded to th10,th11.

I still think the 30 hero levels is still a tough grind but overall I feel th9 is no longer the make or break th level it use to be.

The burden has been significantly decreased, but it definitely is still a grind
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH11 | BK 36 | AQ 40 | GW 6 |

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian931 View Post
    I made a third account last year and it was a maxed th8 for a while until last week when I upgraded to th9. I noticed upgrade times a th9 have been cut dramatically. I remember how long it took to max out at th9. It was the th level in which many players just gave up and either quit, or just rushed and upgraded to th10,th11.

I still think the 30 hero levels is still a tough grind but overall I feel th9 is no longer the make or break th level it use to be.
    Th ten is now the new th9. A lot of th ten anti three star bases are employing the same extreme tactics that we use to see at th9 before war machines. You should still get your hero’s to 25/25 before moving up though as three starring th tens can be tricky without them. Even th11 is quit a bit easier then it was a whyle back.

I like TH9 so far (even before the last reductions). It’s a lot more fun to play compared to TH8, which was for me a very boring experience, and I was thinking of quitting the game again - first time I played I never got further than TH7, in 2013. It’s not the grind (time-wise) that can make this game boring, but the lack of possibilities. At TH9 you have so much more to do or to learn (talking about strategies) compared to TH8, which is like a grindy version of TH7. More of the same, hogs, dragons, BK another 5 levels. Ugh so boring if you ask me .

Having the AQ makes the game much more enjoyable. That said, I can see how TH9 used to be the “breakpoint” for a lot of people, if I compare the new upgrade times and costs with the former ones... I think SC did a good job at keeping the game alive.
    Played once CoC in the past... came back on December 6, 2018, with a fresh account. Same name: RagingRabbit. TH9. Clan: ClashPros.
    Looking for a new clan. Requirements:
    • English/Dutch speaking •• Active (chat, donations, war) •• Willing to put me in CWL •
    • Would be cool to have, but not necessary: lvl 5 donation perk •

The combined costs for aq+bk are still higher at th9 than at th10 or at th11 even... That s not well balanced, imo...
    (There are other threads that do that math)

Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post
    The combined costs for aq+bk are still higher at th9 than at th10 or at th11 even... That s not well balanced, imo...
    (There are other threads that do that math)
    But your troups and attacks pick up pace during TH9. It is a grind, but you're getting pretty much rewarded for it. Finally leaving the dragon-zone and having an arsenal to lots of attacks, including queen-walks.

Quote Originally Posted by Luicetarro View Post
    But your troups and attacks pick up pace during TH9. It is a grind, but you're getting pretty much rewarded for it. Finally leaving the dragon-zone and having an arsenal to lots of attacks, including queen-walks.
    To then pickup again drags at th10+ to do Dragbat lol

Th9 was, for me, the kill squad town hall. You could do queen walks and stuff, but nothing is better than a good goho at th9.

Well, now maybe witches.

Millennial Club RhaegarTargaryen's Avatar
    I moved 6 th9s to th10 in 2 months with getting heroes to 20+, so no, TH9 is not even close to a breakpoint.

Forum Legend
    It’s 4 levels below max. It’s still a pain if you try and grind out 30/30 heroes because the buildings go even quicker now
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

As it should be!