Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Witches Too Strong At Th10?

Are Witches Too Strong At Th10?

We just faced a clan where top to bottom used variants of witches. Usually witches and golem (with bowlers in ww). Sometimes straight up witches and bowlers. Healers with witches seems to have gotten rarer, but still used with success.

They 3 starred every base of ours (first time its ever happened). Our clan mainly consists of th10s with two new th11s at the top. They got rolled over by witches as well.

Back when level 2 witches were a thing at th10, I do not recall even one of our decent th10s getting 3 starred.

We are testing witches in fc and it turns out it can 3 star any th10. We have many different anti 3 star base layouts. No matter what layout someone pulled out, witches would 3 star it. Maybe our bases are outdated for this new spam witch meta, but I doubt any base would work.

It seems like a slight nerf would be effective. Maybe slightly lower HP or DPS?

What do you guys think? Are you seeing this spam witch meta at th10 as well? How would you nerf witches so they are not instant 3 stars? Even at th9 witches are not as strong. Our th9s can consistently defend other th9s witch slap. Not sure what is going on at th10 right now.... most of our 10s are near max with just lab, herors and walls left.

Our th10s are trying their best to max out asap so that they can move up, but in the meantime it seems like consistent 3 stars against our 10s is inevitable...

I think it's the nature of progress. TH10 has been out for like 6 years now do its envitable that Supercell is going to make it become easier and easier.

TH10 is essentially the new TH9 and TH9 has been fairly easy to 3* for ages.

Level 17
    - 15,600/17,800 | Master II
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 201] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Forum Elder
    Th10 is pretty easy 3 star now with many strategies. If your th11 villages get overrun by witches, maybe there is problem with your village layout. At least our clan haven't seen that problem yet. Th11 vs th11 with witch based attacks end up 2 stars almost every time.
    Last edited by Kaagelus; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    I think it's the nature of progress. TH10 has been out for like 6 years now do its envitable that Supercell is going to make it become easier and easier.

TH10 is essentially the new TH9 and TH9 has been fairly easy to 3* for ages.
    Personally, I feel like th9 is harder to 3 star than th10 at the moment. Guys in our clan are fcing each other at this moment and consistent 3 stars when using witches. Espedially if you look at it relatively. Witches are spam troops. This spam attack (appears like) can 3 star any th10 base design.

There is no attack at th9 that gurentees 3 stars no matter the design first try. Also, the more famous th9 attacks take a lot more skill and not spam like level 3 witches at th10. Do not get me wrong. Th9 is very easy to 3 star. But not like th10.

I have no idea if its our base designs that are very vunerable to level 3 witches (but not level 2???) or what but th10 is definely like the new th8 (yes I said 8) if you have level 3 witches...

Quote Originally Posted by NotOverThere View Post
    Personally, I feel like th9 is harder to 3 star than th10 at the moment. Guys in our clan are fcing each other at this moment and consistent 3 stars when using witches. Espedially if you look at it relatively. Witches are spam troops. This spam attack (appears like) can 3 star any th10 base design.

There is no attack at th9 that gurentees 3 stars no matter the design first try. Also, the more famous th9 attacks take a lot more skill and not spam like level 3 witches at th10. Do not get me wrong. Th9 is very easy to 3 star. But not like th10.

I have no idea if its our base designs that are very vunerable to level 3 witches (but not level 2???) or what but th10 is definely like the new th8 (yes I said 8) if you have level 3 witches...
    Really? Witch Slap, GoHoBo, and a case could easily be made for anyone good at LaLoon that it's still the most dominate army composition with good heroes.

Level 17
    - 15,600/17,800 | Master II
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 201] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaagelus View Post
    Th10 is pretty easy 3 star now with many strategies. If your th11 villages get overrun by witches, maybe there is problem with your village layout. At least our clan haven't seen that problem yet. Th11 vs th11 with witch based attacks end up 2 stars almost every time.
    It wasn't th11vsth11. Our war was a mismatch, we had the advantage with 2 new th11s, they had no th11s. So the th10s on their side 3 starred our new th11s (a few days new, fully max from th10).

How can I tell if there is a problem with our village layouts? They work so well for many other attacks, worked well against level 2 witches as well. Do you have any tips or any th10 bases? I can't imagine it being possible to build a th10 base that consistently defends lvl3 witches but I am open to your thoughts/ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    Really? Witch Slap, GoHoBo, and a case could easily be made for anyone good at LaLoon that it's still the most dominate army composition with good heroes.
    Witch slap doesn't work at th9 anymore it seems. Our th9s haven't been 3 starred by them in a very long time (6+ months?). The key at th9 is seperating xbows so it can not be taken with 1 jump and force the second jump to be wasted by forcing the attacker to place it in a low value area. if you get what I mean. Also, have a giant bomb and small bombs outside. Will kill level 2 witches. Air defenses that are unreachable by witches towards the outside work as well. Will kill healers. Air mines outside work too.

Th9s have absolutely no problem defending witch slap as long as the right base design is in place.

For GoHoBo, this should be obvious why it can not 3 star all th9 bases. Smart cc and queen placement will make sure this attack never works. Also dont do DGB. Put them seperately to force heals in bad locations of the base (a place where killsquad wont hit as well).

Laloon is the easiest of the 3 to defend. Do not place queen around any air defenses, have an impossible to lure cc (including impossible to lure with lava) have sweepers and air bombs pointed wisely. Sweepers towards best lava/loon pathing and air bombs in the most likely loon area. Works everytime.

Now, if you tailor your base to defend ONE of these attack strats consistently, another strat can easily 3 star the base. But my point is, yes, you can build a th9 base that defends one or two specific armys, as long as you scrifice defending other armies.

But from what it looks like, after testing 15+ of our th10 bases, I do not think a base can exist that defends level 3 witches at th10. Which means it needs a slight nerf. Unless anyone can come up with a th10 base that works for it. Our clan will be trying to make new bases to see if anything works, but from the current results I am doubtful, sadly.
    Last edited by NotOverThere; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:37 AM.

Yes. They shouldn't have given th10 the new witch level.

I wonder why everyone complained about bats but not about witches ... They are 10 times more op at th10 than bats ever were. Same with the new ground spam armies at th11 and th12. The game isn't fun anymore. Too much spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin94 View Post
    Yes. They shouldn't have given th10 the new witch level.

I wonder why everyone complained about bats but not about witches ... They are 10 times more op at th10 than bats ever were. Same with the new ground spam armies at th11 and th12. The game isn't fun anymore. Too much spam.
    Please elaborate...

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Please elaborate...
    Pls elaborate what I should elaborate It's almost impossible to fail with witches at th10 (with strong heroes of course) and th11/12 is very boring now because everyone uses ugly spam armies like Pekka smash. Even good clans in esl use it because they have to. 3 stars with spam are more common now than 3 stars with a good plan.