Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Witches Too Strong At Th10?

Quote Originally Posted by NotOverThere View Post
    What base design is defending witches? Can you share some tips or a pic of a good anti lvl3 witch base?
    I was trying to diplomatically state, in a roundabout way, that it is more the skill level of players and less the nature of witches, base designs, or level. And Im not saying I am some great attacker, nor base designer, either.

All bases can be 3*ed, imo.

What I do for base designs is probably more from experience and intuition than actual smarts:

I look through bases of opponents and google search, screenshot ones I like. I test the bases, modify them, test repeatedly. I have multiple accounts and do hand me down style, th8 thru th12.

Sometimes I remember ancient bases, in terms of clash, and do the same with those - and occasionally for laughs, modify them up or down a th level or two to see how far the design can still work well.

Example: search for ... Feb 7, 2016 Attacked 5 Times Last War "Randgrid 8.5"

Ive modified and used that layout for th8-9-10 war bases. It works pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by RepublicanFarm View Post
    Ummm TH10 was the new TH9 when TH11 was fully maxed. Id say TH10 is more like the new TH8 these days. Instead of people complaining about TH10 being go easy, they should just progress and move up like all lower level town halls have to do.
    What you are saying would only be valid if th8 took the same length to complete as th10 does. Th10 takes too long to complete compared to how easy it is as a townhall. Nowadays with the new war search algorithm, if you want it to favour your side, you better have max bases and very few or no rushed bases. So rushing is not an option, especially if you have no resources full (which is generally not common at th10 when maxing, unlike th9. From my experience at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinacria View Post
    I was trying to diplomatically state, in a roundabout way, that it is more the skill level of players and less the nature of witches, base designs, or level. And Im not saying I am some great attacker, nor base designer, either.

All bases can be 3*ed, imo.
    Are you saying this in general? Or do you mean all bases can be 3 starred with this witch strategy the OP is talking about?

I do believe there is a th10 that exists that is impossible to 3 star with level 3 witches. Someone just needs to make it, or share it if it is already made. No one strategy can 3 star any base design. If OP desires a base that can ONLY defend witch slap, I am sure someone can make such a base.

I am interested whether anyone here has seen a base that can not be 3 starred by witches at th10. If so, why not share?

Quote Originally Posted by Peacefulpeaceispeaceful View Post
    What you are saying would only be valid if th8 took the same length to complete as th10 does. Th10 takes too long to complete compared to how easy it is as a townhall. Nowadays with the new war search algorithm, if you want it to favour your side, you better have max bases and very few or no rushed bases. So rushing is not an option, especially if you have no resources full (which is generally not common at th10 when maxing, unlike th9. From my experience at least.
    th10 today takes no longer to max than th8 did back when th10 was the top townhall. With all these books, and perks and potions, i would guess that th8 in the old days took longer. Quite frankly, because of walls, th9 probably takes longer to max today than th10. In the grand scheme of things with th12 and Th11, i just can’t view th10 as anything more than a quick speed bump on the way to the relevant townhall levels. The fact that a th10 can triple another th10 today is no more startling than a th8 in the old days tripling another th8. It’s time to move on from semi-irrelevant mid level bases.... And i bet supercell wants it this way so players don’t hang out in low level townhall levels.

Quote Originally Posted by NotOverThere View Post
    Witch slap doesn't work at th9 anymore it seems. Our th9s haven't been 3 starred by them in a very long time (6+ months?). The key at th9 is seperating xbows so it can not be taken with 1 jump and force the second jump to be wasted by forcing the attacker to place it in a low value area. if you get what I mean. Also, have a giant bomb and small bombs outside. Will kill level 2 witches. Air defenses that are unreachable by witches towards the outside work as well. Will kill healers. Air mines outside work too.

Th9s have absolutely no problem defending witch slap as long as the right base design is in place.

For GoHoBo, this should be obvious why it can not 3 star all th9 bases. Smart cc and queen placement will make sure this attack never works. Also dont do DGB. Put them seperately to force heals in bad locations of the base (a place where killsquad wont hit as well).

Laloon is the easiest of the 3 to defend. Do not place queen around any air defenses, have an impossible to lure cc (including impossible to lure with lava) have sweepers and air bombs pointed wisely. Sweepers towards best lava/loon pathing and air bombs in the most likely loon area. Works everytime.

Now, if you tailor your base to defend ONE of these attack strats consistently, another strat can easily 3 star the base. But my point is, yes, you can build a th9 base that defends one or two specific armys, as long as you scrifice defending other armies.

But from what it looks like, after testing 15+ of our th10 bases, I do not think a base can exist that defends level 3 witches at th10. Which means it needs a slight nerf. Unless anyone can come up with a th10 base that works for it. Our clan will be trying to make new bases to see if anything works, but from the current results I am doubtful, sadly.
    Witchslap still works at TH9 and it's very easy to pull off. It's what I use for my TH9 mini

Are you saying this in general? Or do you mean all bases can be 3 starred with this witch strategy the OP is talking about?
    In general.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazatin18 View Post
    Witchslap still works at TH9 and it's very easy to pull off. It's what I use for my TH9 mini
    this ^^^ 10 this’s

What you are saying would only be valid if th8 took the same length to complete as th10 does. Th10 takes too long to complete compared to how easy it is as a townhall.
    Th8 maybe is a bit of a stretch but it isn't too far off because:

Quote Originally Posted by RepublicanFarm View Post
    th10 today takes no longer to max than th8 did back when th10 was the top townhall. With all these books, and perks and potions, i would guess that th8 in the old days took longer.
    He nailed it. Not only is th10 a long way from max now, it also is much closer to the start now. With the price and time reductions, potions, books, medals, etc. it is much faster/easier to get to be a solid th10 than ever before. Usually (not always) when players complain about a lower hall being too easy, they are players playing on 2nd accounts and/or are permamaxed for that hall. Those are not the players that the game should be balanced for. Lower halls should be balanced for the players playing through it for the first time. Veteran players often take for granted the skills and knowledge they have accumulated through the years and their "spam" attacks are really more of a "mass" attack with skilled placement and timing. Not as skilled as what is needed at higher halls, perhaps, but still skilled for new players.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Th8 maybe is a bit of a stretch but it isn't too far off because:

He nailed it. Not only is th10 a long way from max now, it also is much closer to the start now. With the price and time reductions, potions, books, medals, etc. it is much faster/easier to get to be a solid th10 than ever before. Usually (not always) when players complain about a lower hall being too easy, they are players playing on 2nd accounts and/or are permamaxed for that hall. Those are not the players that the game should be balanced for. Lower halls should be balanced for the players playing through it for the first time. Veteran players often take for granted the skills and knowledge they have accumulated through the years and their "spam" attacks are really more of a "mass" attack with skilled placement and timing. Not as skilled as what is needed at higher halls, perhaps, but still skilled for new players.
    Not true.

Th8 back in 2013 used to take 2.3 months to max out.

Assuming 0 time is wasted and 5 builders. Th10 lab alone takes 1 year and 140 days. Building time is 261 days. I will be generous and say that clan games and league shop decreases time spent at th10 by 1.5. So 261 days of builder time divdeded be 1.5. That is about 170. Which is a little over 5 months if my math is correct.

So that makes lab time about 346 days?

Building time would be about 5 months

Huge difference between th8 then and th10 now. Th10 is as easy if not easier than th8 was back in 2013 yet the time spent at both townhalls is very different.

Sources: https://pixelcrux.com/Clash_of_Clans...ss_Tracker/App
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ake-to-max-TH8

Not true.

Th8 back in 2013 used to take 2.3 months to max out.

Assuming 0 time is wasted and 5 builders. Th10 lab alone takes 1 year and 140 days. Building time is 261 days. I will be generous and say that clan games and league shop decreases time spent at th10 by 1.5. So 261 days of builder time divdeded be 1.5. That is about 170. Which is a little over 5 months if my math is correct.

So that makes lab time about 346 days?

Building time would be about 5 months

Huge difference between th8 then and th10 now. Th10 is as easy if not easier than th8 was back in 2013 yet the time spent at both townhalls is very different.

Sources: https://pixelcrux.com/Clash_of_Clans...ss_Tracker/App
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ake-to-max-TH8
    I said the poster that said it was like th8 was stretching it and I don’t at all believe th10 is easier than th8 was several years ago, but in any event I wasn’t discussing maxing th10. At that point the player moves to th11 so it isn’t relevant. I was talking about just being a th10 player in general. The normal first time th10 player right now has to put much less time into the game than in the past, which means they come to it with much less experience. Combine that with the fact that it is now much farther from the max hall than it was in the past and it makes sense that SC would want it easier than it used to be. If it isn’t easy for the players playing it for the 2nd time or keeping accounts there permanently, it would be too hard for first time players.
    Last edited by 2222; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:36 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.