Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Witches Too Strong At Th10?

I see witches fail at th10 all the time in war (fail to get 3 stars) at th10. I don't know what attack people are using that they claim they can just basically spam against advanced th12s and easily 3 star it every time.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Centennial Club
    My mini is an average 10 with weak hero's K 23 Q 25 and before the update using gibowitch I could 3 star a max 10 95% of the time. Not because they were overpowered but because I know how to use them at th10.

We are a competitive clan that being said we lose 1 or 2 wars out of 30 for a random spin war. Sounds like your farm clan ran into a competitive war clan that just has a better grasp on how to war.

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveDream View Post
    My mini is an average 10 with weak hero's K 23 Q 25 and before the update using gibowitch I could 3 star a max 10 95% of the time. Not because they were overpowered but because I know how to use them at th10.

We are a competitive clan that being said we lose 1 or 2 wars out of 30 for a random spin war. Sounds like your farm clan ran into a competitive war clan that just has a better grasp on how to war.
    That is a good point. A clan full of players that are playing th10 for the 2nd time, 3rd time, staying permanently at th10, etc. should be able to 3 star pretty easily at th10. If those players couldn't, just think how much fun it wouldn't be for players playing th10 for the first time, which is who the game should be balanced for.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveDream View Post
    before the update using gibowitch I could 3 star a max 10 95% of the time. Not because they were overpowered but because I know how to use them at th10.
    Before the update, witches were very balanced. Now they are too strong at th10. No idea why SC did this.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I see witches fail at th10 all the time in war (fail to get 3 stars) at th10. I don't know what attack people are using that they claim they can just basically spam against advanced th12s and easily 3 star it every time.
    Nobody claimed that.

At th10 you can 3 star with the standard witch slap army every time. There are some new armies with bats or bowlers but that's not necessary. Just witches with 0-4 healers. Against casual war bases you can even spam all of them in one corner now (like night witches in the builder base). I think itzu made a video about this after the update. I've tried it in war just for fun and it really works.

For the longest time before and after the early beginning of TH11 many complained TH10 was unbalanced in favor of defense, very rarely three starred. Eventually the balance came, as did for 11 and more so after the release of TH12, suddenly some are coming on here complaining TH10 is unbalanced in favor of offense. This is a perfect example of being hard satisfy everyone, unhappy if they can't regularly get three on their equal and unhappy if their equals regularly take three on them.

Certainly 3 starring by spamming all witches in a corner, I've seen it too, is a little more than not being able to please everyone.

Sitting near a fire with some Barbarians and Valkyries(\/alhalla)
    I sighed very hard, shook my head slowly and closed my eyes when I then noticed level 3 Witch was available for TH10. I have a feeling next CWL will be a huge pain in the rear end for TH10.

I better move to my TH10 to TH11 quick before I get frustrated.

TH10 is the new TH9. Easy to 3* and never gets anything in new updates. I suggest you upgrade to TH11.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin94 View Post

Nobody claimed that.

At th10 you can 3 star with the standard witch slap army every time.
    Yes, OP did. He said his clan is 3 starring every time against all designs with a spam witch meta.

YOU can maybe 3 star almost every time with witch slap, but I see players fail over and over with it at th10.

Quote Originally Posted by NotOverThere View Post
    We just faced a clan where top to bottom used variants of witches. Usually witches and golem (with bowlers in ww). Sometimes straight up witches and bowlers. Healers with witches seems to have gotten rarer, but still used with success.

They 3 starred every base of ours (first time its ever happened). Our clan mainly consists of th10s with two new th11s at the top. They got rolled over by witches as well.

Back when level 2 witches were a thing at th10, I do not recall even one of our decent th10s getting 3 starred.

We are testing witches in fc and it turns out it can 3 star any th10. We have many different anti 3 star base layouts. No matter what layout someone pulled out, witches would 3 star it. Maybe our bases are outdated for this new spam witch meta, but I doubt any base would work.

It seems like a slight nerf would be effective. Maybe slightly lower HP or DPS?

What do you guys think? Are you seeing this spam witch meta at th10 as well? How would you nerf witches so they are not instant 3 stars? Even at th9 witches are not as strong. Our th9s can consistently defend other th9s witch slap. Not sure what is going on at th10 right now.... most of our 10s are near max with just lab, herors and walls left.

Our th10s are trying their best to max out asap so that they can move up, but in the meantime it seems like consistent 3 stars against our 10s is inevitable...
    So instead of coming here and complaining about it, why not study and copy the other clans attacks, and then dominate your opponents in clan wars and the next few CWL's?

You do realize that your clans th10's lv3 witches are exactly the same as their clans th10's lv3 witches right?

I'm not sure you're aware, but frozen witch at th10 with the old lv2 witches was also extremely powerful, mostly thanks to the wall wrecker.

Is it possible, just maybe, that your bases weren't set up to defend against witches...that the other clan, having more experience, saw this and took advantage of it? After all, there is no 'one size fits all' base design to defend against everything. Furthermore, you said most of your 10's are 'near max, with just lab, heroes and walls left'. Since mass style witch attacks usually don't involve a jump spell, they rely on their horde of raged Larry's to break through walls, is it possible that your 10's low level walls, and hero's for that matter, were a huge invitation to the other clan to use witches?

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Good luck in your next war. Use witches too this time! Lol
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv17, 665 fair play wins and counting...