Page 92 of 120 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Questions on Season Challenges/Season Bank

Millennial Club
    👀 just checking in, any official word yet?

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by zellnera View Post
    The change is needed, so going back to your example your DE is full and overflowing the whole month, that means you have no use for that de. Your gold and elix will still fill the season bank but your de will not. That's all.

If they would not do that change all legende league player would sit on around 100 millions of gold and elix and maybe a 1 millon of de end of the year (if they buying the gold pass).

We need to wait for Darian anyhow to find out if it for all players or only for legende league
    Not the whole month but right now it is, and i do have need for it, all of my de troops and spells are lvl 1 besides poison that's maxed. And my heroes are 21/21/11.

In the previous season the boh on the gold track was available sooner than it is this time. But when it was offered earlier i would drop a hero and wake it back up, and mid 3rd week I'd get the one from the silver tier and drop and wake it back up. But for majority of the month my de storage is either over flowing or right at the full mark.

Now i am still overflowing down to about 268 and change.

Just because my de is overflowing doesnt mean i have no use for it. I don't have the builders or space left in the to pour the de instead atm.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DJluv2013 View Post
    Not the whole month but right now it is, and i do have need for it, all of my de troops and spells are lvl 1 besides poison that's maxed. And my heroes are 21/21/11.

In the previous season the boh on the gold track was available sooner than it is this time. But when it was offered earlier i would drop a hero and wake it back up, and mid 3rd week I'd get the one from the silver tier and drop and wake it back up. But for majority of the month my de storage is either over flowing or right at the full mark.

Now i am still overflowing down to about 268 and change.

Just because my de is overflowing doesnt mean i have no use for it. I don't have the builders or space left in the to pour the de instead atm.
    that will give you 15 more days to fill the season Bank until end of month. So what you saying is that you loose around 200k de on purpose because you do not want your hero sleeping. What I was saying is that you have a whole month to fill it again as soon you get one hero down you will be below the border and fill the bank. I no not optimal but manageable.

There must be a maximum otherwise legend league maxed player like me would stack loot all the time.

We need a official statement here maybe nothing changing below legend, maybe you need Torchance your plan a little next season

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Because you will not be accumulating new loot in your season bank that whole month with the change SC apparently has added to the downgrade [oh, wait, it's an update ].... so the next month you'll have done a lot of work/raiding for no loot, and as far as we know now, some tasks in the season challenges won't be doable also ...
    Yes thats the whole point. And another: this will affect legend league only? Because if so it is easy to bypass...fill your 25m vault in titan 1 than rush do legends....

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #915
    Apologies for not responding sooner, it's been rather busy after yesterday's announcement.

Here is the change that is happening to the Season Bank with the update. This doesn't just apply to Legend League players.

If your Resource Storages are full, loot from attacks will not contribute to the Season Bank. This is how the feature was originally supposed to function. Being able to add to the Season Bank even with full storages was an unintended functionality that was only brought to light as we were working on Operation Blue Skies. We determined that unintended feature will be fixed in the next update.

This is especially of note for Legend League players since in the Legend League, you do not lose loot from being attacked, therefore it's much easier to hold on to Resources throughout each season...especially if you're maxed with nothing to spend Resources on. Furthermore, Clan Games tasks and Season Challenges that require you to gather certain amounts of loot will still count even if that loot cannot be added to your Storages or Season Bank.
    AKA Tank Puppy

ďIn ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.Ē
    Terry Pratchett

That makes perfect sense!

Quote Originally Posted by 'Darian[Supercell
    ;12233274]
    Here is the change that is happening to the Season Bank with the update. This doesn't just apply to Legend League players.
    so it was an unintended thing ........ again.😒
    okay.
    i am still able to earn points for challenges but cant fill season bank as long as i have no free space to store the loot from attacks. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Apologies for not responding sooner, it's been rather busy after yesterday's announcement.

If your Resource Storages are full, loot from attacks will not contribute to the Season Bank. This is how the feature was originally supposed to function. Being able to add to the Season Bank even with full storages was an unintended functionality that was only brought to light as we were working on Operation Blue Skies. We determined that unintended feature will be fixed in the next update.

This is especially of note for Legend League players since in the Legend League, you do not lose loot from being attacked, therefore it's much easier to hold on to Resources throughout each season...especially if you're maxed with nothing to spend Resources on. Furthermore, Clan Games tasks and Season Challenges that require you to gather certain amounts of loot will still count even if that loot cannot be added to your Storages or Season Bank.
    Thanks for clarifying.

If the update lands before the end of the season (which seem likely for a June update), will that have a retroactive effect on the season bank? Maxed players may have paid for the gold pass in order to stockpile resources for the imminent upgrades, on the basis that it would operate as in previous seasons.

Chilli

There are several problems with this nerf, not the least of which is that it devalues player efforts.

I often have full storages when I play, but I play anyway because that is when I have the time to do so. This is no more so the case than the first two weeks of the month which just happens to be when the SB has emptied into my storages to overfill them.

I commonly hold off on starting new upgrades at the beginning of the month for a few reasons. First and foremost...I’ve already run them at the end of the month to take advantage of the 20% perks. Likewise, I don’t want to start anything new until I have at least the 15% perks. I do not upgrade heroes because I need them for CWL.

It’s also important to note that we often play with full storages to complete tasks for events, Clan Games, and the Season Pass.

Under this new system, none of that activity will go into the Season Bank. This represents a devaluing of my effort as a player.

Some may argue it is a matter of time and resource management. While that is true, it’s also worth mentioning that Clash has been steadily increasing the demands it places on players’ time. I’m referring to active time playing the game. 7 days straight of war in CWL; daily tasks for Season Pass; tasks for Clan Games and Season Pass in general; regular events; high in-game costs of upper level upgrades...these all bring players deeper into the game and require more of your time. Changing how the Season Bank works, such that loot does not accumulate when storages are full, means you lose the SB value of your attacks early in the month. If I spend an hour each day attacking at the beginning of the month with storages full and none of that goes into the SB, then I’m looking at 10-14 hours I will have to make up in the back half of the month.

As I mentioned, I hold off on most new upgrades the first week or so of the season. This is usually because I already have upgrades going from the preceding few days and when it takes 10+ days for things to upgrade (buildings and troops alike), there’s nothing much to do there. I still want to play, if for no other reason than to get a jump on my SB so I am not stuck in a crunch at the end of the month. Case in point - I have only JUST reached 240K in my DE stores and it is halfway through the season. My SB is nearly half full. All that would be for naught under the new system and I would be looking at more time raiding to accumulate that loot in the SB.

For Gold and Elixir, this really is not a big deal. It isn’t terribly difficult to generate 25M of each and I can easily dump into walls if I so desire. However, the same cannot be said for DE. DE takes much longer to farm - you either accept lower offers and attack more often, or you spend much longer hitting the next button, hunting for decent offers. On the low end, this change will add 3 hours to my monthly play time; it will more likely add closer to 10 hours. While that may not seem like a lot, taken in the full context of the last year of changes, it is definitely a lot.

I understand the concerns of infinite loot, especially as relates to Legend League players. A better solution would be to cap the amount of SB resources that will transfer to the storages at the time of transfer. They can’t simply cap overflow capacity because they sell resources, but they can cap how much is transferred from the SB without affecting general capacities. Use it or lose it - set the transfer routine to only transfer an amount that would bring storages to as much as 2X their nominal capacity. If you already have 480K of DE, nothing transfers; if you have 350DE, then as much as 130K transfers. That gives players ample time to manage their resources in preparation for the upcoming Season Bank dump. Most importantly, though, this solution does NOT devalue the player’s efforts nor does it increase the demand on players’ time, a far more valuable and real-life commodity.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Iím not sure this does make perfect sense... so if after a while, once Iíve maxed out after the update and my storages are full at the beginning of the season I canít add ANY gold or elix to season bank. So season bank stays empty. But the guy working on his last few walls, and spending resources as he gets them can still accumulate 25M of each..