Page 102 of 120 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1195

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Questions on Season Challenges/Season Bank

Millennial Club
    My question is when was this change going to be announced if Kat didn't spill the beans. Or was it something they was just gonna sneak in and hope we wouldn't notice. Like how when they nerfed miners and all the update patch notes said was "miner bugs and fixes" or something along those lines.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1012
    Quote Originally Posted by DJluv2013 View Post
    My question is when was this change going to be announced if Kat didn't spill the beans. Or was it something they was just gonna sneak in and hope we wouldn't notice. Like how when they nerfed miners and all the update patch notes said was "miner bugs and fixes" or something along those lines.
    Who said there was any spilling of any beans. There was a bit of an unfortunate timing incident here.
    I mentioned it in response to questions but initially it wasn’t picked up on. Later on people read half statements and got confused but Thursday’s are difficult for me and I went out for the night. By the time I was catching up on the forums this thread was started (no problem with that at all by the way) and Darian had posted he’d post something the next day.

Thats why I only posted a Sorry for causing so much confusion. At that point in time I chose to deliberately stay out of the rest of the discussion so Darian could have the whole stage when he was ready to post the post he was going to write and not have to share that stage with me.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

An alternate fix.

Limit the loot gained at the end of a season to:

Your Max storage + Your Season bank, for each resource. The season bank can only add resources upto this level.

This way every one can collect for the season regardless of their current loot levels.
    No one can collect ridiculously large loot levels from multiple seasons.

edit: i guess this kinda screws up pack purchases that contain loot if purchased just before an end of season.
    Last edited by Puttanesca; June 15th, 2019 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It wasn't a bug to be found.

It wasn't a case of the code doing something different to what it was designed to do.

If was a case of them realising that there were some unintended consequences of that design, which were going to be exacerbated by the changes to Legend league.

I doubt they actually realised this until pretty recently, because we didn't even hear about it until after the sneak peeks started.
    Seems like it was a bug, and nothing to do with how the design would work with the new format of Legends League, according to this post, it was never to have worked the way it currently does from the inception of the season bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Apologies for not responding sooner, it's been rather busy after yesterday's announcement.

Here is the change that is happening to the Season Bank with the update. This doesn't just apply to Legend League players.

If your Resource Storages are full, loot from attacks will not contribute to the Season Bank. This is how the feature was originally supposed to function. Being able to add to the Season Bank even with full storages was an unintended functionality that was only brought to light as we were working on Operation Blue Skies. We determined that unintended feature will be fixed in the next update.

This is especially of note for Legend League players since in the Legend League, you do not lose loot from being attacked, therefore it's much easier to hold on to Resources throughout each season...especially if you're maxed with nothing to spend Resources on. Furthermore, Clan Games tasks and Season Challenges that require you to gather certain amounts of loot will still count even if that loot cannot be added to your Storages or Season Bank.
    Level: 250 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Millennial Club
    Hmmmmm. That seems to put almost maxed players (that have a gold sink) at an advantage over fully maxed players when an update is announced. Are we supposed to save 5 walls for later, so that we can maximize our season bank in the month before the next big update?

Gold is the only problem... DE and Elixir you can build troops and delete them...

Would strongly prefer that this change to season bank also came with an empty my storages button (and an "are you sure" confirmation). That would solve both problems.
    Last edited by JediRisen; June 15th, 2019 at 02:24 AM.

Cool this new change will save me from the temptation to get the next Gold Pass!
    Tired of Clan Games Leechers? Follow your clan member activity with CGLeech !
    ===>More info on the official thread <===

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Puttanesca View Post
    An alternate fix.

Limit the loot gained at the end of a season to:

Your Max storage + Your Season bank, for each resource. The season bank can only add resources upto this level.

This way every one can collect for the season regardless of their current loot levels.
    No one can collect ridiculously large loot levels from multiple seasons.

edit: i guess this kinda screws up pack purchases that contain loot if purchased just before an end of season.
    I suggested it three times in this thread (even improved version of what you suggested) but since there wasn’t any reply to that, I guess it’s not such a good idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Who said there was any spilling of any beans. There was a bit of an unfortunate timing incident here.
    I mentioned it in response to questions but initially it wasn’t picked up on. Later on people read half statements and got confused but Thursday’s are difficult for me and I went out for the night. By the time I was catching up on the forums this thread was started (no problem with that at all by the way) and Darian had posted he’d post something the next day.

Thats why I only posted a Sorry for causing so much confusion. At that point in time I chose to deliberately stay out of the rest of the discussion so Darian could have the whole stage when he was ready to post the post he was going to write and not have to share that stage with me.
    Not your fault, you needn't say sorry.. darian said, he will clarify as well.. but we hav no patience.

In all that, people assumed so much...

Kuriosity killed the kat :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    The season bank change was first mentioned the day the OBS sneak peek was released.
    Where was it announced though, as far as I can tell your the one who announced it which is not how SC would normally do it.
    COC: Working on TH12 Clash Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Doddsyuk View Post
    Where was it announced though, as far as I can tell your the one who announced it which is not how SC would normally do it.
    1. Darian did say there's some small tidbits that will be announced this weekend.

2. It's not like this is the first time not everything was documented in the update notes so just be thankful we know ahead of time thanks to Kat if nothing else.

Level 18
    - 9,363/18,500| Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 206] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!