Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Bases: Keeping the game alive?

Dead Bases: Keeping the game alive?

Hi everyone! So now that they're fixing the cloud issue on titan/legend leagues, what about the economy issues on champion?
    Well, it's not that many people want to go up to titan/legends, but it's really hard to get past through or stay even in champion 1 because, apart from higher star and loot bonuses, there's really few loot circulation.
    You gonna have to bring heavy (expensive) army to win and get 100% loot bonus, and inconsistent real loots.

Now I'm gonna go drop trophies again.

Because dead bases are keeping most of us to not give up to progress, and it's not even productive skill-wise.

What is the actual question?
    Exciting Blogs

Give it a read. If you like it, please subscribe for more exciting blog updates.

Are you trying to say there is no loot in Champions? I have to disagree completely if so. My biggest problem in Champions right now is I can’t free up my workers fast enough to stop the loot from over flowing......

Quote Originally Posted by Jwp721 View Post
    Are you trying to say there is no loot in Champions? I have to disagree completely if so. My biggest problem in Champions right now is I can’t free up my workers fast enough to stop the loot from over flowing......
    Where in champions are you saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Shquickx11 View Post
    Where in champions are you saying?
    3400. I am using an all de army right now because I am spilling de all over the place waiting on lab to finish up. Had to drop the book from clan games just to finish current troop so I could spend some of my de. As for gold I have 4 workers banging away on upgrades and the 5th doing walls with both gold and elix. Loot has been sweet...

Found this just now within less than a dozen presses of next.....

Last edited by Jwp721; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:57 AM.

OP, I doubt anything will change. In higher leagues there tend to be less dead bases, but the loot bonuses are much better. Especially if doing 2-3 raids a day (slightly above average) the 5* bonus adds quite a lot per raid.

Having said that, I also found champs to be a bit rubbish for my TH12. Titans or Masters seem better. Titans for the bonuses, and because bases there almost all have enough in stores to give max loot from those. And in Masters there are more dead bases - more nexting is needed to find a raid than in Titans, but it might be more profitable when you get it. In champs there do seem to be a lot of live bases without a lot in storages.

But the game has always been like that, and there will always be patches where loot is better or worse. In particular at high trophies where every base is hit for trophies loot looks better - because low loot bases get eliminated from the search pool. A little lower only bases with loot are being hit, so the low loot bases just clog up the search. But you don't see dead bases much because they lose trophies and sink lower than this. And at the moment this is probably upper champs for high TH.
    For info on CWL see: CWL survival guide and data posts: 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other)
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

So I'm gonna have to endure some trophy pushing without looting, until I find the sweet spot.

But then again, if the future of the game is as far as they say, the future generation will depend on dead bases. (isn't it ironic 😛😛&#128539

This is just my conspiracy theory:
    Here in my country the game is dying and has no legs to continue, I think it's the same everywhere. There's only a little group of top players who pay (I based "little group" on the clouds thingy), and only few of them will carry the game for more years to come.
    With the rate of giveaways and reductions, and the paywall, the game is now at a critical point of losing new generations, and SC is not showing this weakness. But there's nothing wrong with it, nothing's ever built to last.

Long live dead bases!

Millennial Club
    did someone say dead bases? raiding them is my entire clash journey.

Quote Originally Posted by arpithmania View Post
    did someone say dead bases? raiding them is my entire clash journey.
    Same here. That's my bread and butter....

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Shquickx11 View Post
    So I'm gonna have to endure some trophy pushing without looting, until I find the sweet spot.

But then again, if the future of the game is as far as they say, the future generation will depend on dead bases. (isn't it ironic &#128539

This is just my conspiracy theory:
    Here in my country the game is dying and has no legs to continue, I think it's the same everywhere. There's only a little group of top players who pay (I based "little group" on the clouds thingy), and only few of them will carry the game for more years to come.
    With the rate of giveaways and reductions, and the paywall, the game is now at a critical point of losing new generations, and SC is not showing this weakness. But there's nothing wrong with it, nothing's ever built to last.

Long live dead bases!
    I disagree. I can't say how strong the game is in your country, but I suspect you cannot either. Your evidence that the clouds mean the game is dying is not accurate. The clouds mean that everyone in that particular group is super-active, which is why the matchmaker can't find a base (see the long 200+ page thread for more on that). In fact, clouds indicate the opposite, in fact, the game is quite healthy.

Also, how do giveaways and reductions cause the game to lose new generations? In fact, they're designed to help new players, which is necessary as the finish line is much further off than it was when TH8 was the max TH level.

I'm not sure what the "Paywall" part has to do with it, there's no paywall unless you want hero skins or certain decorations - none of which are required to advance in the game.
    Last edited by Rizzob; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:46 PM. Reason: Typo