Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dead Bases: Keeping the game alive?

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleC View Post
    Arent you th12 Piper? Champs seems like a hot spot for active non maxed 12s, you may either need to move up or down to find better hauls.

Collectors are what actually drive the game, not storages. 50% loot up to capacity of collectors. compared to 3% from treasury and 10-20% from storage up to an actual cap depending on th. So if you're in a league where players are active enough to drain collectors or are even able to drain them, the chances of finding a whale will be significantly reduced.

Dead bases are great for overall game economy as they both pump resources into circulation and provide extra bases for active players to hit. Just not something to be made a sport out of as hitting bases without their most valuable defenses provides very little insight to how an army actually performs.
    Yeah. Th12. Just like my base, I see tons of bases with builders going. Slowly working my way up. Will see how my cloud tolerance goes. I do like the challenge of hitting real bases now. It's helping my war attacks.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Dead bases are great for overall game economy as they both pump resources into circulation and provide extra bases for active players to hit. Just not something to be made a sport out of as hitting bases without their most valuable defenses provides very little insight to how an army actually performs.
    It's a little tricky for most people. It's more likely that people will choose dead bases for faster farming.

And I like to hit real bases as well. But when I bring an expensive army and see a live base, most of the time it's either:
    1. Not a good match for my army comp.
    2. Upgrading defenses (which makes it less value)
    3. Low loooooot offer

And after every other next, there comes dead bases, lower th, engineered bases..

Friendly challenge is a good help for real attacks but... you can't always bother your clan mates.

GREAT IDEA:
    Option to attack yourself in FC.
    You decide when.
    You decide the layout.
    You decide how many tries.

Its just great.

Banned
    I am in Champ I and never had loot issue.
    Dead bases are there, but I am not searching for it. I am still raiding max TH12 given that they give good amount of Dark Elixir (more than 4K DE). I found a lot of bases that offer 5K-9K DE too in Champ I. The good thing about this game is that you could choose to stay in whichever league you are most comfortable with.

So no, dead bases is not the reason that keeps this game alive, but the freedom it gave to players playing at any level.

The game would have been ok without allowing us to raid any dead bases or even without allowing us to ever hit "next" (just attack first base you find). Of course, it would have evolved much differently than it has, including probably lower cost to almost everything. SC has total control over how much stuff costs and can easily increase or reduce prices (over the long term) based on keeping a balance for those who are raiding and upgrading.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shquickx11 View Post
    It's a little tricky for most people. It's more likely that people will choose dead bases for faster farming.

And I like to hit real bases as well. But when I bring an expensive army and see a live base, most of the time it's either:
    1. Not a good match for my army comp.
    2. Upgrading defenses (which makes it less value)
    3. Low loooooot offer

And after every other next, there comes dead bases, lower th, engineered bases..

Friendly challenge is a good help for real attacks but... you can't always bother your clan mates.

GREAT IDEA:
    Option to attack yourself in FC.
    You decide when.
    You decide the layout.
    You decide how many tries.

Its just great.
    I generally agree with you. You make good points about the nature of multiplayer. It can be very tough to use a more complex setup, when you get 30 seconds to scout a base, have no idea if the cc is loaded and cant swap troops.

I think most of the time when people are referring to attacking with a war style army, Its more in the context of using a prototype army that can be customized for war. I have gained a lot of experience from multiplayer, learning concepts like troop ai, wide funnels, narrow funnels, tactical wall breaks, queen walks, spell placement&timing and getting to the core. Lots of which I wouldnt have learned if I had just picked collectors.

I also agree fc can use a little work. I think its clogs chat and needs its own board. Its also awkward that I have to repost a challenge every time someone wants to hit it. I think that if I post my base and 5 people want to hit, all 5 people should be able to regardless of if someone else hits it. Currently fc requires direct interaction (mulitple people being online at the same time).
    I think it could work better as an indirect system, if it has its own board where a player can post a layout for people to practice on freely without the challenge disappearing or allowing multiple attempts at least.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    The game would have been ok without allowing us to raid any dead bases or even without allowing us to ever hit "next" (just attack first base you find). Of course, it would have evolved much differently than it has, including probably lower cost to almost everything. SC has total control over how much stuff costs and can easily increase or reduce prices (over the long term) based on keeping a balance for those who are raiding and upgrading.
    Thats kind of what builder base is. And I also think thats a reason why its quite unpopular. I definitely think the classic farm system has contributed to the popularity of the game and also allows for a diverse range of effective strategies.

Thats kind of what builder base is. And I also think thats a reason why its quite unpopular. I definitely think the classic farm system has contributed to the popularity of the game and also allows for a diverse range of effective strategies.
    The only similarity would be not nexting, the rest is vastly different. BB is PvP, you don’t actually steal loot, you have to take a defense for every attack, you can’t upgrade way faster than others by being extremely active, etc. Even without nexting on the main base players would still have that farming option. They still could raid 50 times without getting attacked. I actually think one of the worst parts about farming is hitting next over and over. It is much worse than short clouds if you ask me. It is hard to imagine it now because people think of the loot they need now to upgrade at the prices we have. It would all be different if we never were nexting from the start. The economy would be totally different.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    The only similarity would be not nexting, the rest is vastly different. BB is PvP, you don’t actually steal loot, you have to take a defense for every attack, you can’t upgrade way faster than others by being extremely active, etc. Even without nexting on the main base players would still have that farming option. They still could raid 50 times without getting attacked. I actually think one of the worst parts about farming is hitting next over and over. It is much worse than short clouds if you ask me. It is hard to imagine it now because people think of the loot they need now to upgrade at the prices we have. It would all be different if we never were nexting from the start. The economy would be totally different.
    I also dont think the economy would be fair if it were set up that way. There are more similarities than just not being able to next, including the fact that you will never find a dead base in BB. The win bonus system included with BB's pvp system is designed to create even payouts within certain trophy ranges, allowing the hauls to remain consistent and fair, the same way nexting compensates for that in Home Base. Activity still has a huge role in BB as well, as trophy count is directly correlated to win bonus. I wasnt originally making an in-depth comparison between BB and HB, only comparing BB to your oroginal statement, "The game would have been ok without ever allowing us to ever raid dead bases, or even without allowing us to ever hit next..." as this is kind of like builder base, which some people like and some do not.

Of course the gamemasters have complete authority on the way they wish to set up the game. The "next" feature is one of the greatest parts about the multiplayer experience imo. It has implications on both offense and defense. If youre hitting next over and over youre in the wrong league. This isnt the first time ive seen you comment on "nexting", in general I think you exaggerate the nexting experience. The way you describe legends would never work for my lifestyle, as Im never in a position to put down what Im working on and make an attack within 30 seconds of hearing a ping.

LISTEN TO MY MUSIC ON YOUTUBE: "Em Losan"
    Hello,

First of all you do not need to get 3 stars to get 100% of the bonus (just a high enough % of the base destroyed) also if you could make it to Champions 1, chances are you can make it to Titans 3 where as you said even if loot is not that good (which bytheway this is not accurate as it is..) you can still be profitable from the bonus itself.. now what i use is loonions as i always have and it works perfectly for the easy 50% 1 star win.. normally i focus on bases that give at least 200K gold/elixir and regardless if its a th12 maxed i will take the win as i go for the precise 50% and trust me ive been playing since 2012... this works!!!! best of luck mon ami

Below my last 9 attacks in titan3 (4100-4300)

Last edited by aTh; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:41 PM.

IGN:AngelOfMusiclvl:216Trophies:5251
    L I S T E N T O M Y M U S I C
    MUSIC CHANNEL:Click Here
    FORUMS ACHIEVEMENT LEADERBOARD Click Here
    "Turn melodies into words, read my biography but also my thoughts"-aTh

I also dont think the economy would be fair if it were set up that way. There are more similarities than just not being able to next, including the fact that you will never find a dead base in BB. The win bonus system included with BB's pvp system is designed to create even payouts within certain trophy ranges, allowing the hauls to remain consistent and fair, the same way nexting compensates for that in Home Base. Activity still has a huge role in BB as well, as trophy count is directly correlated to win bonus. I wasnt originally making an in-depth comparison between BB and HB, only comparing BB to your oroginal statement, "The game would have been ok without ever allowing us to ever raid dead bases, or even without allowing us to ever hit next..." as this is kind of like builder base, which some people like and some do not.

Of course the gamemasters have complete authority on the way they wish to set up the game. The "next" feature is one of the greatest parts about the multiplayer experience imo. It has implications on both offense and defense. If youre hitting next over and over youre in the wrong league. This isnt the first time ive seen you comment on "nexting", in general I think you exaggerate the nexting experience. The way you describe legends would never work for my lifestyle, as Im never in a position to put down what Im working on and make an attack within 30 seconds of hearing a ping.
    The only reason we need to hit dead bases and hit next a lot to find higher value bases when farming is because we always have so the economy has grown to depend on it. Things would be different, for sure, but it would not be like builder base and it wouldn’t be “unfair” it would just be different than how it is now. PvP and one attack for each defense is completely different. Also, I’m not sure what you think I exaggerated about hitting next “over and over” as that certainly is what players often do when farming lower looking for high loot. Anyway, this is sort of getting off track from OPs main topic so I’ll bow out.
    Last edited by 2222; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:31 AM.