Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46

Thread: Dead Bases: Keeping the game alive?

  1. #11
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,366
    Dead bases don't keep the game alive, active players do. Dead bases are like small presents, appreciated but not needed.

  2. #12
    Dead bases are a must to get to th12. I am a maxed th12, and the only thing I have been doing this 4 last years is riding dead bases in crystal League. I am sure they will be part of the solution of clouds. Get rid of the dead bases, and all that huge amount of th12 hidden in lower leagues will have to como up to Legends. All th12 should be in legends. That will make a really competitive game, with no "shorcuts", and clouds will be gone.

  3. #13
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    108
    While loot and star bonuses have helped, dead bases have kept the game alive for this long. Without them, the economy of the game would completely crash. Yes there is loot in higher leagues but this is still because of dead bases. The legends get loot from the titans who attack the champs who attack the masters who get all their loot from dead bases. Also, without dead bases to take defenses, clouds would be in every league, kit just legends.

  4. #14
    Forum All-Star Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4,014
    Quote Originally Posted by TheimpossibleRazz View Post
    Dead bases are a must to get to th12. I am a maxed th12, and the only thing I have been doing this 4 last years is riding dead bases in crystal League. I am sure they will be part of the solution of clouds. Get rid of the dead bases, and all that huge amount of th12 hidden in lower leagues will have to como up to Legends. All th12 should be in legends. That will make a really competitive game, with no "shorcuts", and clouds will be gone.
    Raiding just fine in champs as a 12 without dead bases. An absolutely no interesting in pushing to legends. Some people raid low for dead bases, and I have done that, some find it more fun higher. I am positive that the legends fix will not do something stupid like removing dead bases and kiling the farming players.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  5. #15
    Jwp721's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Raiding just fine in champs as a 12 without dead bases.
    Same here. If I had to play this game by hitting only dead bases I would have quit years ago.




  6. #16
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwp721 View Post
    Same here. If I had to play this game by hitting only dead bases I would have quit years ago.
    OMG this ^. It was fun back when i was TH8, but seriously, i can't understand the dead base mentality at all. Its like people who barch at TH11 and 12. I'd quit from boredom years ago.

  7. #17
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post
    OMG this ^. It was fun back when i was TH8, but seriously, i can't understand the dead base mentality at all. Its like people who barch at TH11 and 12. I'd quit from boredom years ago.
    it depends from player to player. for me, efficiency is the most fun part. my, self set challenge is, how much faster i can reach max with no money spent & with minimal time spent. for me that self challenge is great fun. i never mix war, trophy pushing & farming. i treat them as separate things & approach the most efficient way for each one.

    and not everyone who farms deadbases uses barch. i hav used barch during th7/th8 days(though i ultra rushed to th9) but since th9 days i hav always used 2 armies. one is giants/goblins & another is queen walk. you dont need to empty full army to farm dead base. all you need is 100-120 camp space worth when doing queen walk & 70-90 camp space worth when doing giagob. it works at th12 as well, even better at peak times.

    my current mentality
    1) farming - giagob or queen walk
    2)war - make dedicated time for couple hrs & do back2back FCs in a FC clan
    3)trophy pushing - dont even dare to waste that much time in clouds & just wait till SC fixes it. treat it as this game mode does not exist until SC fixes it.

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    I disagree. I can't say how strong the game is in your country, but I suspect you cannot either. Your evidence that the clouds mean the game is dying is not accurate. The clouds mean that everyone in that particular group is super-active, which is why the matchmaker can't find a base (see the long 200+ page thread for more on that). In fact, clouds indicate the opposite, in fact, the game is quite healthy.

    Also, how do giveaways and reductions cause the game to lose new generations? In fact, they're designed to help new players, which is necessary as the finish line is much further off than it was when TH8 was the max TH level.

    I'm not sure what the "Paywall" part has to do with it, there's no paywall unless you want hero skins or certain decorations - none of which are required to advance in the game.
    I meant they're giving away too much today because they're losing huge number of players (like what happens to every forgotten game). Can't you think of it all like a bargaining? Exactly to attract and help new players.
    And the paywall is a sure shot for payers who won't think twice ($5 is a bargain right?)

    Well afterall, no one will admit it.

    “Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwp721 View Post
    Same here. If I had to play this game by hitting only dead bases I would have quit years ago.
    I stopped playing for a long time because I got tired of hitting dead bases.
    At th9, back then you don't have a choice but to live with the dead. Go higher and there comes the th10s.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Shquickx11 View Post
    I meant they're giving away too much today because they're losing huge number of players (like what happens to every forgotten game). C
    The game is still going strong. They are giving away more free/faster progression now than a few years ago because the time to progress through to max is now a few years longer. So, I'd describe it more like they are giving away that stuff now in an effort to continue to attract new players. This game has always regularly lost players and has always needed to keep getting new players to start. This game has been better than almost any other mobile game ever at doing so, which is why it remains so successful after many years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shquickx11 View Post
    I stopped playing for a long time because I got tired of hitting dead bases.
    At th9, back then you don't have a choice but to live with the dead. Go higher and there comes the th10s.
    There was never a time where you didn't have a choice.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •