Thread: Time remaining as a tiebreaker

Time remaining as a tiebreaker

Draws are probably the most annoying thing in the Builder Base. Nothing is worse than having a draw in the Builder Base. So I propose another parameter for deciding who is the winner in case of a percentage tie. That parameter is time remaining.

Clock Tower users suffer currently against Snipe attacks like Sneaker and Mass Beta Minions attacks. At least in case of a tie, the Snipe attacker will lose.

The odds of getting a tie would increase from 1 out of 300 to 1 in 5400. That is quie a rise.

Also note that preparation time will not affect the parameter, just battle time will.
    Last edited by Giorgakis; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:59 PM.

Waiting beside my human bestie to throw my favorite ball
    I think not. Why should a well orchestrated and planned attack be decided on how much time is left? If you want a PvP game that has that condition: play Boom Beach's PvP where the time remaining is the deciding factor when a tie occurs.

Another thing: never, ever use the Clock Tower boost while you attack and that problem (wasting *my* Clock Tower Boost) is solved.

New Bloke/Chick
    There should be 5 stars instead of three in builder base. First one will be at 25%, second one will be at 50%, third one will be at 75%, fourth one will be at 100% and the last one will be builder hall. I dont know why supercell had not implemented that already. Its funny that they say that both the village should be separate and still implement many common features where they are able to alter it.

Quote Originally Posted by LapDawg View Post
    I think not. Why should a well orchestrated and planned attack be decided on how much time is left? If you want a PvP game that has that condition: play Boom Beach's PvP where the time remaining is the deciding factor when a tie occurs.

Another thing: never, ever use the Clock Tower boost while you attack and that problem (wasting *my* Clock Tower Boost) is solved.
    By the same token, what makes a slow orchestrated attack any better than an attack that was just as well executed under a shorter time frame. Especially if both parties were using the same troops.

Also, that is in no way a solution to the problem, that's just avoiding the situation altogether. That's like someone saying I'm bad at using hog attacks in war, can someone teach me how to improve at them ? And then being told to stop attacking in war as a solution.
    Last edited by beastmaster2137023; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:00 AM.

FWIW, I absolutely hate this idea especially now that Boom Beach’s PvP game (Warships) is out. Warships is like a BB for Boom. Although the designs/mechanics are different and it literally resets the entire game each season, the tie breaker rule ruined what could have been a good idea with Warships. In the case of Boom, the goal is to see who can destroy the Engine Rooms (their TH equivalent) quickest. Every match ends in a tie and is decided by who got it done fastest. There’s zero variety there - your goal is simply to get it done as fast as you as you can. I’m guessing this won’t be the case toward the middle-to-end of the season when there are more, fully deployed/constructed games however, a player has to reach that point and getting there is the pits.

Seeing how this reigns dominant over all player behavior is suggestive that we would see similar behavior controls here. It’s too strong a motivator. Now...how would it factor into player behavior on the BB, I cannot predict at this time. We do not see ties nearly as often as Warships does, but it’s the fact this rule has had a direct impact on gameplay that concerns me. TBH, I will likely drop Boom Beach now that Warships has been released and this rule specifically is one of the main reasons.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by LapDawg View Post

You could argue however: what’s skilled about mass sneaky archers or mass beta minions? They take a long time (ruining people’s boost) and have nothing to do with skill. I’d dare that say that you have more than enough time to have a battle plan with multiple layers/phases. Literally. I think we get too much time for an attack in the BB. I’m always done in under a minute and a half. I think that’s the reason why we see so many sneaky archer attacks. There’s no pressure like in the home village to make sure you get everything done in time, and honestly, I think there should be some pressure.

But that’s totally my own opinion. I’m a bit biased about it because I really hate those mass archer attacks and I think those should be discouraged in any way. I think my idea to reduce the battle time is better than having a tie breaker in this case.
    Played once CoC in the past... came back on December 6, 2018, with a fresh account. Same name: RagingRabbit. TH9. Clan: ClashPros.
    Looking for a new clan. Requirements:
    English/Dutch speaking Active (chat, donations, war) Willing to put me in CWL
    Would be cool to have, but not necessary: lvl 5 donation perk

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgakis View Post
    Draws are probably the most annoying thing in the Builder Base. Nothing is worse than having a draw in the Builder Base. So I propose another parameter for deciding who is the winner in case of a percentage tie. That parameter is time remaining.

Clock Tower users suffer currently against Snipe attacks like Sneaker and Mass Beta Minions attacks. At least in case of a tie, the Snipe attacker will lose.

The odds of getting a tie would increase from 1 out of 300 to 1 in 5400. That is quie a rise.

Also note that preparation time will not affect the parameter, just battle time will.
    Yeah that's the worst part of bb, sometimes i got 3 draws in the row around 60% to 70% but not 100% because iam pusher✌️. I suggest to give both person rewards and trophies if it's a tie break only except for 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by JiHaNN View Post
    There should be 5 stars instead of three in builder base. First one will be at 25%, second one will be at 50%, third one will be at 75%, fourth one will be at 100% and the last one will be builder hall. I dont know why supercell had not implemented that already. Its funny that they say that both the village should be separate and still implement many common features where they are able to alter it.
    No ur wrong you should go for safe 2* then go for percentage.