Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hood nearly imploded over Blossom Derby

Quote Originally Posted by Commitedsugar7 View Post
    Great posts by everyone
    I wasn’t part of the Blossom derby this week....but ended up taking a break and leaving.
    I find the harshness that comes with game competitiveness a little hard to endure.
    A great hood and I will miss many aspects of game play...but I guess I am just not competitive in that way.
    Best of luck to you all with upcoming Derby’s...and again thanks for all the input!
    Seriously I understand conflict isn't pretty on the other hand it's a chance to discuss opinions and come to consensus Those of us who have been able to share thoughts and feeling and help develop future guidelines are stronger than ever. There has to be appreciation and respect to hold a team together. And a willingness to work it out

Quote Originally Posted by Paulettes View Post
    Whatever style of play a hood trades on, whether that be laid back as in this instance or super competitive, Blossom Derby is as much about mutual respect for other players as it is anything else. If placing isnít one of the hoods objectives it is still respectful for those opted in to complete tasks in a timely manner to allow the others to complete and delete from tasks so as to free up the new batch of tasks for the next round of play. To spend hours and hours on simple crop tasks only creates frustration for others who want to get on, there has to be a balance and an acknowledgement that even the smaller hoods have a combination of different strengths, styles and approaches, so in this one the team need to work to this strategy.
    Communication also with the team is key to everyone knowing whatís going on.
    Itís never good when a hood implodes, or exchanges ďharsh wordsĒ and I donít think itís ever the leaders aim to create a hub of tension - in fact all leaders I know want a stress free, friendly hood where all players respect the others and gel as a team, but sometimes it has to be acknowledged that if styles are so very different then it could be the best approach for everyone involved that some go their separate way.
    Peace & love
    Real life happens to people...I respect and value that over a few extra goodies and a trophy.
    Peace & love ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by BestTimesLinda1125 View Post
    Seriously I understand conflict isn't pretty on the other hand it's a chance to discuss opinions and come to consensus Those of us who have been able to share thoughts and feeling and help develop future guidelines are stronger than ever. There has to be appreciation and respect to hold a team together. And a willingness to work it out
    I thought so too, working this out is my style...unfortunately many players put the game ahead of being human...lol....I am not perfect and don’t expect others to be either.

I thought so too, working this out is my style...unfortunately many players put the game ahead of being human...lol....I am not perfect and don’t expect others to be either.
    I think it is just a case of being in a NH with like-minded people, as far as derby play goes, so you can enjoy your HD experience according to how you prioritise. Alternatively, playing in a solo NH so it's all up to/down to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by JemimaPD View Post
    I think it is just a case of being in a NH with like-minded people, as far as derby play goes, so you can enjoy your HD experience according to how you prioritise. Alternatively, playing in a solo NH so it's all up to/down to yourself.
    Thanks for your comment
    You are right...sometimes you find out the hard way that you may have differing values, and that is just how it goes. Happy to farm on my own, still hope to find a forever hood one of these days ❤️.

Thanks for your comment
    You are right...sometimes you find out the hard way that you may have differing values, and that is just how it goes. Happy to farm on my own, still hope to find a forever hood one of these days ❤️.
    Hope that you are able to find something that works for you 🙂

[QUOTE=JemimaPD;12192700]Hope that you are able to find something that works for you [/QUOTE
    me and another player have enjoyed the last 2 derbies...keeping it simple ����

I do feel that Blossom Derby creates conflict because it requires communication, patience, and lots of teamwork. Honestly, many people don't have time for all that. It's a game and we're not getting paid to play it.

With that said, why is this week another Blossom Derby? Didn't we just have one? There are so many other themes that could be explored. Wasn't there a crop derby once where all crop tasks were 400 points? I mean, come on. It's getting too repetitive.

At least it's not "Fishing Derby" with no fishing tasks . . . not sorry to see the Theme derbies gone bye bye.

If you do really care about your neighborhood doing great team work on blossom derbies my advice is to play in a small team : 2-3 players .