Thread: Chat edits are getting ridiculous.

Chat edits are getting ridiculous.

We have always called trees and bushes that need to be revived "bangs". So for a help task during the derby I let a neighbor know I had "5 more to go". That turned into "5 more ## ##" in chat. Using the word bang in a sentence completly ######### the entire line. I understand trying to keep the chat family friendly but it is going overboard now. Atleast give us a option to turn parental chat on or off.

I agree, total normal Dutch words are being blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by TempleofDog View Post
    We have always called trees and bushes that need to be revived "bangs". So for a help task during the derby I let a neighbor know I had "5 more to go". That turned into "5 more ## ##" in chat. Using the word bang in a sentence completly ######### the entire line. I understand trying to keep the chat family friendly but it is going overboard now. Atleast give us a option to turn parental chat on or off.
    You don’t know what is appropriate and inappropriate once things get translated into any of a number of languages, however, “bang” does not need any translation for me.

suggesting someone come over and “xxxx” me or “xxxx” me some more would certainly be inappropriate

even if that is not intended use of the said word, they cannot make some things okay in context and not okay out of context

while some censoring seems off the wall and you can make some nasty words if you miss spaces, you have chosen to highlight the wrong word, in my opinion.
    Last edited by WussyPuss; April 17th, 2019 at 06:52 PM.
    Farm 139
    CoC TH11 BhB8 maxed and its no fun! AQ 49 BK 45 GW 16
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Not sure but I think this ### is rather new and yet another hay day glitch. The regular censor for cuss words is *** .

Hilarious thing to share? My name in the game is hucklebunny bucklehunny. In chat I'm known as Huck. When people post me things I ask for they will say the item is up, meaning ready at their store for me to get. So in chat it reads they say "up Huck " which gets bleeped as ph- runs together for an f- word.

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    You don’t know what is appropriate and inappropriate once things get translated into any of a number of languages, however, “bang” does not need any translation for me.

suggesting someone come over and “xxxx” me or “xxxx” me some more would certainly be inappropriate

even if that is not intended use of the said word, they cannot make some things okay in context and not okay out of context

while some censoring seems off the wall and you can make some nasty words if you miss spaces, you have chosen to highlight the wrong word, in my opinion.

There are actually words a lot worse than bang that are censored right now that would fit into wussypuss’s example. I was quite shocked to see a pretty awful word beginning with r was not censored. Myself, I tried to use the word “got” and it was really difficult to fit it into the sentence I was trying to type without a ton of ####, it even censored “got” by itself when I tried to break the sentence down over different messages. This chat censor does seem a bit special.
    level 111. Boat: 157000~. Trucks in 1 day: 571. Max revenue 1 day: 1463629

GC: Ace-Se7en
    KIK: Acese7en

Egg sushi = sushi telur in my language
    It get censored, we try "sushi _ _ telur", not worked, su****elur
    We have to type 2 chats:
    sushi ↩
    telur

Quote Originally Posted by HayDayBigfan View Post
    Egg sushi = sushi telur in my language
    It get censored, we try "sushi _ _ telur", not worked, su****elur
    We have to type 2 chats:
    sushi ↩
    telur
    Because the last 3 letters in sushi & the first letter in telur together make an English swear word you may try typing it backwards instead... telur, sushi.
    Last edited by SilverRaptor; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:59 PM.