Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Chat edits are getting ridiculous.

  1. #1

    Chat edits are getting ridiculous.

    We have always called trees and bushes that need to be revived "bangs". So for a help task during the derby I let a neighbor know I had "5 more to go". That turned into "5 more ## ##" in chat. Using the word bang in a sentence completly ######### the entire line. I understand trying to keep the chat family friendly but it is going overboard now. Atleast give us a option to turn parental chat on or off.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Nederland
    Posts
    85
    I agree, total normal Dutch words are being blocked.

  3. #3
    WussyPuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Richmond, BC Canada
    Posts
    5,560
    Quote Originally Posted by TempleofDog View Post
    We have always called trees and bushes that need to be revived "bangs". So for a help task during the derby I let a neighbor know I had "5 more to go". That turned into "5 more ## ##" in chat. Using the word bang in a sentence completly ######### the entire line. I understand trying to keep the chat family friendly but it is going overboard now. Atleast give us a option to turn parental chat on or off.
    You don’t know what is appropriate and inappropriate once things get translated into any of a number of languages, however, “bang” does not need any translation for me.

    suggesting someone come over and “xxxx” me or “xxxx” me some more would certainly be inappropriate

    even if that is not intended use of the said word, they cannot make some things okay in context and not okay out of context

    while some censoring seems off the wall and you can make some nasty words if you miss spaces, you have chosen to highlight the wrong word, in my opinion.
    Last edited by WussyPuss; April 17th, 2019 at 06:52 PM.
    Farm 139
    CoC TH11 BhB8 maxed and its no fun! AQ 49 BK 45 GW 16
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

    Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

  4. #4
    Not sure but I think this ### is rather new and yet another hay day glitch. The regular censor for cuss words is *** .

    Hilarious thing to share? My name in the game is hucklebunny bucklehunny. In chat I'm known as Huck. When people post me things I ask for they will say the item is up, meaning ready at their store for me to get. So in chat it reads they say "up Huck " which gets bleeped as ph- runs together for an f- word.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    You don’t know what is appropriate and inappropriate once things get translated into any of a number of languages, however, “bang” does not need any translation for me.

    suggesting someone come over and “xxxx” me or “xxxx” me some more would certainly be inappropriate

    even if that is not intended use of the said word, they cannot make some things okay in context and not okay out of context

    while some censoring seems off the wall and you can make some nasty words if you miss spaces, you have chosen to highlight the wrong word, in my opinion.

    There are actually words a lot worse than bang that are censored right now that would fit into wussypuss’s example. I was quite shocked to see a pretty awful word beginning with r was not censored. Myself, I tried to use the word “got” and it was really difficult to fit it into the sentence I was trying to type without a ton of ####, it even censored “got” by itself when I tried to break the sentence down over different messages. This chat censor does seem a bit special.
    level 111. Boat: 157000~. Trucks in 1 day: 571. Max revenue 1 day: 1463629

    GC: Ace-Se7en
    KIK: Acese7en

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    423
    Egg sushi = sushi telur in my language
    It get censored, we try "sushi _ _ telur", not worked, su****elur
    We have to type 2 chats:
    sushi ↩
    telur

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by HayDayBigfan View Post
    Egg sushi = sushi telur in my language
    It get censored, we try "sushi _ _ telur", not worked, su****elur
    We have to type 2 chats:
    sushi ↩
    telur
    Because the last 3 letters in sushi & the first letter in telur together make an English swear word you may try typing it backwards instead... telur, sushi.
    Last edited by SilverRaptor; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:59 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •