Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Killing the BB as a standalone game :(

Centennial Club

Killing the BB as a standalone game :(

In recent months SC have made numerous comments that they didn't want to release BH9 as just another BH level and that instead they wanted to introduce some social features and competitive features to make it a more enjoyable standalone game.

However in Darians recent interview with Galadon, he made it clear that although they previously considered competitive features and tourneys etc, they have since decided not to do that at all.

The BB and the MV are 2 completely different games, yet it's clear SC think of it as a mere tiny side show to the MV and any future stuff is likely to just be along the lines of completing some tasks so people can prop up their MV.

I suppose it makes sense from the perspective of most people focus on the MV and they just want the BB to be a very casual few games daily type affair, as opposed to the BB being a decent game in it's own right.

However, I suspect that the reason the BB hasn't become a decent game in it's own right in the eyes of most players is simply because SC has left it to rot and never bothered to introduce any interesting social or competitive features etc.

As it stands for anyone who wants to focus on the BB, it literally entails nothing more than chasing a very broken leaderboard system (which is heavily biased against certain geographical regions due to the times the season ends each month - why can't they rotate the times to give all regions a reasonable chance to compete - there's literally a couple hundred points up for grabs in the last several hours for those who can stay awake). Which makes the BB as a game in itself, seem rather futile

So...I’ve gone over this a few times since hearing that interview. It sounded like a bit of backpedaling from the BB, but it could also be more of an, “...at this time...” kind of thing. BH9 and OBS are coming in June, then they have other things on tap for the rest of the year. It might be this is all that is planned for the BB for 2019 and the more time-intensive features - like tournaments - are being backburnered in favor of other projects. Not that they’re being taken off the table or that the BB is being abandoned, just that the focus will remain on the HV a while longer and the BB is still in the mix but not the immediate focus.

I’m really hoping Darian will clarify a bit.
    Last edited by Noctaire; April 17th, 2019 at 01:52 PM.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    So...I’ve gone over this a few times since hearing that interview. It sounded like a bit of backpedaling from the BB, but it could also be more of an, “...at this time...” kind of thing. BH9 and OBS are coming in June, then they have other things on tap for the rest of the year. It might be this is all that is planned for the BB for 2019 and the more time-intensive features - like tournaments - are being backburnered in favor of other projects. Not that they’re being taken off the table or that the BB is being abandoned, just that the focus will remain on the HV a while longer and the BB is still in the mix but not the immediate focus.

I’m really hoping Darian will clarify a bit.
    He did make one comment about a twist related to bh9 so we'll have to wait and see. Very cautiously optimistic. But I doubt I'm going to spend money to get to max 9 and be stuck again.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    He did make one comment about a twist related to bh9 so we'll have to wait and see. Very cautiously optimistic. But I doubt I'm going to spend money to get to max 9 and be stuck again.
    The twist is only in the context of what the BB can do for the MV, and not in any social or competitive features for the BB in and of itself.

Millennial Club RhaegarTargaryen's Avatar
    There really are amazing options in the BB that could be tapped for competitive players. I've always thought it was especially suited to a bracket-style tourney system given the direct PvP, but that is just one idea. I really hope SC doesn't neglect it in that aspect.

Lets hope and see. But if bb9 comes as bb8, the game is faded to doom, since after you max, there is nothing left to do. And the rank system is always buggy.
    They need to add some social features or change the style a bit.
    After a while, BB gets boring, in the actual system

As a player maxed out in both villages, and with a PB of 6.1k in BB, i hope something great comes.

The Blue skies project is another great thing, since last season i was getting clouds around 4 to 6h in the end (i managed to get my best in 6350).

Since it's inception Builder Base has been always considered to be a side game that's not meant to be mandatory for main game play.

Personally I hope this never changes.

Level 17
    - 15,600/17,800 | Master II
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 201] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Pro Member
    Just been playing the BB (for season challenges) and doing so reminded me how little I enjoy it. Several reasons:
    repetitive attacks: its simple so the attack strats are simple, and boring
    poor AI - the battle machine just doesn’t work, his targeting is so poor as to be laughable
    limited village build options - most of my accounts have had the same village for months, no point changing
    lack of progression- no sense of wanting to build better or stronger, I basically don’t care how the bb base performs or what league it’s in.

in short, imho it’s a boring sideshow, that doesn’t work. I hope they don’t waste too much development time on ‘improving’ it because as the old saying goes, ‘you can’t polish a (rude word for dog excrement) ‘
    Last edited by Ajax; April 18th, 2019 at 06:34 AM.

I was really hoping they would add more content than just bh9. As a stand alone game the bb is lacking big time IMO.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    Just been playing the BB (for season challenges) and doing so reminded me how little I enjoy it. Several reasons:
    repetitive attacks: its simple so the attack strats are simple, and boring
    poor AI - the battle machine just doesn’t work, his targeting is so poor as to be laughable
    limited village build options - most of my accounts have had the same village for months, no point changing
    lack of progression- no sense of wanting to build better or stronger, I basically don’t care how the bb base performs or what league it’s in.

in short, imho it’s a boring sideshow, that doesn’t work. I hope they don’t waste too much development time on ‘improving’ it because as the old saying goes, ‘you can’t polish a (rude word for dog excrement) ‘
    The BM targeting improved markedly at the last release. He no longer walks round the outside until he is being shot at, then hits just one of the outside targets before beating on the wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)