Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Killing the BB as a standalone game :(

Quote Originally Posted by iHeron View Post
    The MV is a much easier and far more forgiving game as evidenced by the relative ease of getting 3 stars with largely spam style attacks.

However, in the BB how you deploy the troops in terms of timing and positioning is absolutely critical, but the vast majority of players carry over the spam style attack mindset from the MV, so end up disappointed.

I'm pretty certain if you were to compare 2 of your replays against the 'same base' with the 'same attack' you would find that the timing and positioning wasn't the same at all.
    In the main village you can use kill squads, queen walk, queen charge, sui heroes, sui blimp, etc. In the builder base there is just spam. There are no viable multi stage attacks in the builder base at bh8.
    Last edited by Colin94; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:14 AM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin94 View Post
    In the builder base there is just spam. There are no viable multi stage attacks in the builder base at bh8.
    Spam is for players that haven't learned how to use troops effectively, that applies in both villages irrespective of what options are available.

And there absolutely is loads of multi stage attacks, it's standard practice in custom attack strats and absolutely viable at 6k levels.

But it's harder to execute those at higher levels in the BB, but in the MV with minimal practice it's relatively easy to 3 star most bases with 'multi stage attacks' and that's largely irrespective of the timing and and positioning of troop / spell deployment.
    Last edited by iHeron; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    The BM targeting improved markedly at the last release. He no longer walks round the outside until he is being shot at, then hits just one of the outside targets before beating on the wall.
    No idea what sort of testing you guys do but my BM's AI is still garbage. Still doesn't target the closest building, still walks right past crushers and gets flattened while beating on something else, I'll activate my ability when he's right next to the crusher to deal with it and he'll walk off somewhere else till the ability wears off and then come over to the crusher when the crusher was the original closest building, I could keep going on for ever really. Pretty sad that the AI from the main village troops from 4 years ago was better than the way the BM functions.

But it's harder to execute those at higher levels in the BB, but in the MV with minimal practice it's relatively easy to 3 star most bases with 'multi stage attacks' and that's largely irrespective of the timing and and positioning of troop / spell deployment.
    Not at th12 it isn’t.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Spam is for players that haven't learned how to use troops effectively, that applies in both villages irrespective of what options are available.

And there absolutely is loads of multi stage attacks, it's standard practice in custom attack strats and absolutely viable at 6k levels.

When your archers kill one building outside a wall and then shoot the wall instead of the building touching it on the inside three tiles away to the left, there is no skill involved anymore...It us all just dumb luck.
    Last edited by Martvol; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WastingGems View Post
    SC missed the boat with this update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    It was never the dev team's intention to leave the Town Hall side of the base behind.
    Although they did leave it behind.

Having come back to bb after having a long break due to being bored after being maxed for a long time nothing really seems to have changed even with the giant cannon change ...most attacks are 50-60 %, same strats as before, bm is ai wack, archers shoot random walls instead of shooting at buildings. Overall just frustrating after a while.. Im at the 5300 mark.
    Sc needs something different than just pushing the leaderboards for bh9 hopefully