Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Killing the BB as a standalone game :(

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Quote Originally Posted by blackba View Post
    I was really hoping they would add more content than just bh9. As a stand alone game the bb is lacking big time IMO.
    They obviously wouldn't just add a new level of BH and other existing buildings/troops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    They obviously wouldn't just add a new level of BH and other existing buildings/troops.
    In the context of the BB, that's exactly what they're doing, the ancillary feature they're adding is for the MV.

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by blackba View Post
    I was really hoping they would add more content than just bh9. As a stand alone game the bb is lacking big time IMO.
    I don’t think BB would (at this state) ever make it as a stand-alone game.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by iHeron View Post
    In the context of the BB, that's exactly what they're doing, the ancillary feature they're adding is for the MV.
    What makes yo say that is what they are doing?

You obviously know more about it than I do, if you can say that so surely.
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    My stats (main account)

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    What makes yo say that is what they are doing?

You obviously know more about it than I do, if you can say that so surely.
    Because that's what he said in the interview

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16
    Because that's what he said in the interview
    He most absolutely did not say that in the interview.

Not even close.
    My stats (main account)

Ok - let's get more precise with what was said.

First and foremost - they were talking about OBS and Darian said it was still on track for a 2019-Q2 release. He went on to say that this next update was a, "...very big update..." and it would include BH9 so that everyone had something, not just the small group of players impacted by clouds. This is around the 6:25 mark in the video and Galadon turned to the BH9 release at that point. I transcribed it (mostly accurate, I might have missed a word here or there, but close enough):
    G: Builder Hall 9, one of the things that I’ve heard from players, I know that maybe the Builder Hall didn’t get as much excitement from players as originally hoped. It feels like a lot of players have kinda left the Builder Hall because it’s kinda been stagnant for, what, about a year now, and so I’m curious, when BH9 comes if there will be something else that comes with BH9 that’s more than just new levels, new troops, new defenses. Is there something that you guys are planning that might encourage more players to get involved with the Builder Hall or might make it link more directly to the HV, more so than just the gear-ups.

D: Yes. Now let me head off any kind of rumors it’s not going to be like any kind of CW system or tournament based system. We looked at that idea of having some kind of competition with the Builder Base and we realized that that’s not the direction we want the Builder Base to go. And, given that how the main village has kinda gone through a resurgence with the addition of TH12, CG, CWL, and a lot of the content we want to focus on is going to be the main village primarily. That’s not to say...we will still be providing BH9 with some juicy content, but there will be reasons for players to want to access that.

G: So, definitely something going on, something new going on over there.

D: Yes, there is a little bit of a twist that we have in mind.

G: Cool…alright, that’s kinda what I was hoping to hear, because it’s something that would be more than just new levels would be a lot of fun because I feel like the Builder Hall could be really, really cool if more people were into it or it had more of a direct relation to the Home Village.

D: And, I mean, of course it will come with…every new BH level does come with a new defense, and a new troop for the BB, we’ve got an idea for what we want to do for the gear up, we have a really cool troop idea for the BB, I love it. And we’re kinda play testing some defense building ideas, we’ve got a bunch of defense ideas that we want to try out, so I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

So...all he said was that there was a "twist", but he didn't go into any other detail about it at this point. He did not say they were "killing the game" either, although it was very disheartening to hear that they are not going in the direction of anything competitive beyond the existing PvP, and that they want to focus more on the HV.

Does this suggest a shift in the winds...? That would be the concern and it does sound like we're going to get BH9 in the summer update then not really see anything else for the BB for a while. We'd really need SC/Darian to clarify. Keep in mind - he also goes on here to talk about what sounds like future ideas they're bandying about, as well as one or more things designed to increase general interest in the BB. It wouldn't make much sense to increase interest in the BB if they were of a mind to abandon it.
    Last edited by Noctaire; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:47 PM.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    He did make one comment about a twist related to bh9 so we'll have to wait and see. Very cautiously optimistic. But I doubt I'm going to spend money to get to max 9 and be stuck again.
    On that note I would say that is to be expected. SC has been very successful on the main base for years by releasing new content at a rate that is spread out enough that active players can not only max it out but also catch up if they are behind. Considering how well it has worked there, I would expect it to be applied to BB too. There are some odd times where there is a quick second drop of content, but overall, especially new hall levels, the additions are intentionally drawn out. Some players still will spend money to get there first (or for a trophy pushing advantage), but the free to play players will also get there in plenty of time. I remember when there were complaints about the trophy reset sticking at 4000 and how much loot people were "losing." My statement at the time was basically to wait and see because if BB9 is far enough out that you can max out BB8 at 4000 cups then it really doesn't matter much, and that what happened.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

However, I suspect that the reason the BB hasn't become a decent game in it's own right in the eyes of most players is simply because SC has left it to rot and never bothered to introduce any interesting social or competitive features etc.
    I don't like bb because of the awful ai and because it's too random. You can hit the same base with the same attack twice and get very different results.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin94 View Post
    I don't like bb because of the awful ai and because it's too random. You can hit the same base with the same attack twice and get very different results.
    The MV is a much easier and far more forgiving game as evidenced by the relative ease of getting 3 stars with largely spam style attacks.

However, in the BB how you deploy the troops in terms of timing and positioning is absolutely critical, but the vast majority of players carry over the spam style attack mindset from the MV, so end up disappointed.

I'm pretty certain if you were to compare 2 of your replays against the 'same base' with the 'same attack' you would find that the timing and positioning wasn't the same at all.