Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why Season Challenge took prio over Blue sky

Banned

Post Why Season Challenge took prio over Blue sky

I know what I am starting a thread which has been discussed several times, but i want to know what was the reason Season challenge Backlog took prio over project Blue sky? with the new update, season challenge and clan games the clouds have become more horrible. with just 5018 trophies i searched for more than an hour to get a village.

No doubt season challenge got lot of revenue to SC, but I think game was already broken due to clouds and with so much complains and discussions over the forum, SC should have opted for fixing clouds rather than getting in another new feature. I agree that revenue is important but at the same time it's important for a company to 'retain customer (gamers)', if there are less people who play the game the revenue would be less. I know several people who stopped playing games due to clouds and moved on to different games which are less time consuming.

So the question is why season challenge took more prio over blue sky , which is a burning topic already?

Another feedback related to the update (don'T want to start a new thread), in the new update nothing related to elixir, elixir is a complete waste for completely upgraded player, i can't collect my loot as elixir storages are full and nothing to do with. I think an update should make the players busy for a which till the next update comes, that should be the focus imho.

Thanks.

Forum Champion
    Yes, clouds are definitely a problem in high leagues. As a legends player myself, I to want it fixed. But I also accept that the legends league players make up a very small percentage of total players. So while I do want SC to fix clouds, I also understand that the last update was meant for the masses. Not legends players or maxed players, but everyone else. That “everyone else” consists of most players. So the answer to your question is easy. SC needs to keep the game fresh and easily accessible for new players. Fixing clouds won’t cause new players to pick up CoC and start playing nor will it appeal to mid level players who still have a ways to go. SC has a responsibility as a company to make money and to keep the game alive. Fixing clouds only appeals to a very small amount of players. Gold pass update caused a 145% spike in revenue. How much money will be made from fixing clouds? Need I say more?

Project blue sky is at works...its on going and will be approx around mid year

I highly doubt SC will divulge their business strategies with such a post.

Also, clouds are definitely a problem and have been identified, and something is being worked on. That doesn't mean everyone at SuperCell is doing nothing but working on Operation Blue Skies.... At least two years of no + on + in revenue means the marketing and money departments are checking new ways to make the players part with their cash ... and they came up with what we now call the golden pass [and silver tier too of course] ... and part of the team, or maybe even a new hire, was told to get working on the development of this new addition to the game....

Pro Member
    This is project blue sky what they do is keep delaying and adding more useless content so everyone quits if only 3 people are playing then there will be no clouds!! Project blue sky mission accomplished

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by amitsinha1606 View Post
    I know what I am starting a thread which has been discussed several times, but i want to know what was the reason Season challenge Backlog took prio over project Blue sky?
    What makes you think it did?

Please give your evidence for it doing so before asking why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

"I know what I am starting a thread which has been discussed several times" -> with this i mean the clouding problem. In general there were several threads to discuss cloud problem.
    "i want to know what was the reason Season challenge Backlog took prio over project Blue sky?" -> this is a question to SC

OP it's simple, 15,000,000 people play clash, 800,000 might be affected by clouds at 5k plus cups.
    The game does not revolve around TH12.
    Level: 250 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    I think he thinks that because it came before the OBS.

How is he supposed to do that?

I think Darian mentioned few times they got different teams for different stuff, so Season challenge and Cloud solving arent depended and those 2 thing are being worked on the same time, and first thing to be ready is released I guess

Anyways, the real question is why it took 6 years for supercell to realize the problem and a whole more year to solve it...