Thread: Decoration Dilemma

Banned

Decoration Dilemma

(I considered posting this in base design but I didn't really think it would fit because it is just about a couple decorations and what I should do with them rather than about defence/protecting resources)

On one of my town hall 11 accounts, I decided to create a really cool design with decorations and special obstactles in the centre of my base. I planned to do this over a series of months with shovels from Clan Games, however, to kickstart the process I bought around 5 Shovel of Obstacles in special offer packs.

Recently, I was showing my developing design to a friend explaining what I was planning, but then he pointed out something. I had messed up really badly. I wanted my design to be in the middle of the base, but it is two tiles towards the bottom left and one tile towards the bottom right - i.e. not centered. I don't know how I made such a hideous mistake when I was trying to take care! I feel so irresponsible

Now, I have three choices:
    1. Just continue with my current design. I have used around 6 shovels of obstacles so far, including real money, to make this design and all that would be wasted and it will take months longer to complete my artwork. Besides, its only a couple tiles off. It is worth sacrificing that small detail to save so much time.
    2. Restart and start moving everything a couple tiles up. It is really noticeable and bugs me every time I see the base. I should never be satisfied with low quality work!
    3. Just give up on everything! Delete Clash, stay indoors and never go out in public for the rest of my life. I have failed my entire purpose in life! I cannot be seen after such a hideous mistake! Eat rats to survive and never see the light of sun again!

What do you think I should do?

Forum Elder
    It’s Friday - go to the pub
    Quote Originally Posted by kajid View Post
    Loot difficulty has gone up again today by 2.5% Why do they keep increasing the loot difficulty this makes the game not worth playing and before you all say there is more inactive bases and less active players it still shouldn't be a 2.5% increase in difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rst View Post
    It’s Friday - go to the pub
    I could not think of any better advice lol.

But on a more serious note, I'd bite the bullet and continue with it being slightly off center depending on the number of shovels it would take to correct the mistake. If you need more than 1 then just continue with it being off center.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH11 | BK 40 | AQ 42 | GW 12 |

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    I could not think of any better advice lol.

But on a more serious note, I'd bite the bullet and continue with it being slightly off center depending on the number of shovels it would take to correct the mistake. If you need more than 1 then just continue with it being off center.
    I plan for this to be a massive work of art, so I will need around 20 more shovels from now if I keep it off-center, but around 25 if I want to it be centered

Screen shot us

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CactusClan View Post
    Screen shot us
    Right now it is nothing special. Just a bunch of walls and 4 misplaced obstacles

If it’s off then it’s off. First thing I would notice every time I logged in.

Restart.

It clearly bothers you, so I would just restart the design.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWarden0 View Post
    Right now it is nothing special. Just a bunch of walls and 4 misplaced obstacles

There is an option to 'move everything'. its the right under the erase tab in the quick edit menu.

Try to use the 'move all'. you may need to scrunch everything you currently have in a tile or two; or remove the non essential stuff to get the 'paid for shovel stuff' centered.

so use the move all function and see if that can help you relocate the core to the center, save it and then go from there. it also has limits. so you may need to trim some excess in order to do the move all function, but its a tool you can use.

Quote Originally Posted by AFRO View Post
    There is an option to 'move everything'. its the right under the erase tab in the quick edit menu.

Try to use the 'move all'. you may need to scrunch everything you currently have in a tile or two; or remove the non essential stuff to get the 'paid for shovel stuff' centered.

so use the move all function and see if that can help you relocate the core to the center, save it and then go from there. it also has limits. so you may need to trim some excess in order to do the move all function, but its a tool you can use.

You know move all only moves base structures and decorations, correct?

It won't help at all with obstacles which was the topic.

Level 18
    - 2,124/18,500| Master II
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 202] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!