Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 22nd May, 2019: Save the Date

Quote Originally Posted by DARDANIUS View Post
    Builder Games?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    Ouch! Didn't enjoy either, especially the first time.

Battlefest would be a better option.
    Even a bit less than a battle fest like bonus each 12 hours
    Or 2x, 4x BB bonus, limited time instant training troops and BM
    Would also be welcome.

Anyways agreed with Noc, save the insane BB events to the BH9 arriving

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    So yeah.. I would prefer to have BH9 to upgrade and the introduction of that would argue for a Gold Pass purchase in the month if introduction (damn) :-)

/Affront
    Man, I'd like the % of boosts in the gold pass, also applied to the Builder Hall side. It would be awesome, specially with the BH9 arriving.
    And...what about a bank also for the builder base ? 🤔
    Last edited by michelms; April 11th, 2019 at 03:00 PM.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by michelms View Post
    Man, I'd like the % of boosts in the gold pass, also applied to the Builder Hall side. It would be awesome, specially with the BH9 arriving.
    And...what about a bank also for the builder base ? 樂
    Not sure if I read this right but the perks from the gold pass do also work on the builder village.
    Last edited by Bigdome757; April 11th, 2019 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by michelms View Post
    And...what about a bank also for the builder base ? 樂
    The boosts in the gold pass do work on the BB. I’ve been enjoying much discounted wall costs as I finish off these last few walls on my alts....

We get Builder Runes in the Gold Pass, but I too would very much like to see the BB included in the Season Bank. That said, it’s a MUCH more controlled environment, so I would not expect to see that happen anytime soon. On the HV, there’s SO much to upgrade, especially with 12 levels of gameplay now. The BB does not come close in terms of size. Likewise, we have 5 Builders on the HV and only the one on the BB, so....
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DARDANIUS View Post
    Builder Games?
    NEVER AGAIN!

That was the only time my clan didn't get the top tier and that is because only one person in my clan care about the builders base and it certainly isn't me

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWarden0 View Post
    NEVER AGAIN!

That was the only time my clan didn't get the top tier and that is because only one person in my clan care about the builders base and it certainly isn't me

If you don't care about Builder Base, the Clan Games become even easier.

You just need to pick your battles and there are a few things that you can be completely sure about:

- there will be another BH upgrade
    - there will be a Battle Fest
    - there will be Builder Games

.. you just have to use these events to your advantage.

I mean, hating the Builder Base to an extend where an entire clan doesn't get the Top Tier Rewards during a round of Games?

That seems a bit excessive to me.

/Affront
    TH12-60/60/30|BH8-16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16/25| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    I mean, hating the Builder Base to an extend where an entire clan doesn't get the Top Tier Rewards during a round of Games?

That seems a bit excessive to me.

/Affront
    It shows dedication!

Among other things...

<Shrug> The game is the whole game - if some players choose to ignore a portion of the game, it might come back to bite said player on the rump. BUT...that’s a choice all can make on Clash. Just wait until SC decides to fulfill their greatest fears and make the BB a more integral part of the game....

I suspect we will see a Builder Games again at some point in the future, and we’ll certainly see more Builderfests. Come to think of it...the BB anniversary does correspond to roughly the date May’s Clan Games begin. An anniversary Builder Games would make sense, especially in preparation for the BH9 release. What would be awesome is if the ending of CGs is just a couple days before the BH9 update drops - then we can have Runes in our Magic Items storage, the CG rewards (1 week to collect), and the Season Challenges rewards bar. Add in a Builderfest session and we’ll be swimmin’ in the loot.

I’ll need to save up some BoBs and gems for that ‘un....
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    <Shrug> The game is the whole game - if some players choose to ignore a portion of the game, it might come back to bite said player on the rump. BUT...that’s a choice all can make on Clash. Just wait until SC decides to fulfill their greatest fears and make the BB a more integral part of the game....

<snip>.
    So I read that as you are forced to play BB so if something that is actually any good comes along a person can take advantage of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WastingGems View Post
    SC missed the boat with this update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    It was never the dev team's intention to leave the Town Hall side of the base behind.
    Although they did leave it behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Martvol View Post
    So I read that as you are forced to play BB so if something that is actually any good comes along a person can take advantage of it.
    No, that means just what I said - the game is the whole game. This notion of being forced to do this or that is silly. There is this thing called Clash of Clans and it is comprised of several modes of play, each interlinked to the other in one way or another. That is the nature of every single video game ever created. A player can always choose to avoid a part of a game BUT if you do so, then it may well leave you deficient compared to those who play the game in its entirety.

I can not-play classic Clan Wars but that means I miss out on war stars and achievements, as well as the occasional special event that is strictly for Clan Wars. I am willing to forego those benefits from the game - it is my choice to do so - because I don’t like classic Clan Wars. It also means that a task in CGs or even SCs that is war related is something I will not be able to do.

A player can CHOOSE to not participate in CWL because they do not like the design, lack of a matchmaker, and so forth. This is their choice and, as such, they should be willing to forego the benefits of that mode of play which, in this case, means little to no medals and potentially not being able to run any classic CWs while the rest of their clan is in CWL.

A player can CHOOSE to not farm, instead using the various other methods of obtaining resources for upgrades. Another example of choice with the obvious consequences being slower progression, not completing CG/SC tasks, and missing out on semi-regular events.

And a player can CHOOSE to not play the BB, which means a BB focused CG will be more difficult to complete and BB focused CG/SC tasks, special events, etc will be off the table as well as Gear-Ups and any future tie-ins.

Even play style choices such as rushing/maxing, air vs ground, upgrade paths, and so forth factor into this ideology.

Action/Inaction...consequence. No one is forced to do anything - they make a choice and must accept the impact(s) to their individual game because Clash is not about just one mode of play.
    Last edited by Noctaire; April 12th, 2019 at 02:04 AM.
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)