Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: A Forum Event for troops donation ?

A Forum Event for troops donation ?

Back in summer 2014, when I was a shiny TH7 farming my very first hero, I remember participating in a Forum Event organised by forumers at that time. Forum readers can come and request high level (if not maxed) troops. That clan never sleeps...

To me, it was magical to be able to join, even for a few minutes a day, a very active clan with such high level players (TH10, archers lv6, wizard lv5 ) that usually don't hang out with baby TH level like myself back then. I also got to know and chat with some forumers in-game. It was amazing to experience that in my early Clash life. I realised it's not only about the game but also about the people and the cats you met in-game. There were also events with Forum Elite for pushing back then.

Fast forward to April 2019, very soon I might have plenty of loot I can't use all, and some players might need help with hogs or drag for their season challenges, and whatever challenges coming soon. I hope with more people interested we could do something better than jumping on global giving free troops.

So, would an idea of Forum Donation Event is still viable nowadays ? Does anyone else planning on something similar (a Req n Leave type clan for forumers to meet) ? Where do I sign up to pay it forward ?

(If necessary, I'll try to lure Lach in with some catpic )

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    (If necessary, I'll try to lure Lach in with some catpic )
    Present.

No but seriously. I would be happy to join a donation event, especially with 1 gem donations.

LISTEN TO MY MUSIC ON YOUTUBE: "Em Losan"
    oh really? guess who's back

IGN:AngelOfMusiclvl:220Trophies:5489
    L I S T E N T O M Y M U S I C
    MUSIC CHANNEL:Click Here
    FORUMS ACHIEVEMENT LEADERBOARD Click Here
    "Turn melodies into words, read my biography but also my thoughts"-aTh

Who will have time for that? Lol! With the insane amount of event SC are showering us with, i doubt we will even see a forum competition/event ever again.

LISTEN TO MY MUSIC ON YOUTUBE: "Em Losan"
    never say never

IGN:AngelOfMusiclvl:220Trophies:5489
    L I S T E N T O M Y M U S I C
    MUSIC CHANNEL:Click Here
    FORUMS ACHIEVEMENT LEADERBOARD Click Here
    "Turn melodies into words, read my biography but also my thoughts"-aTh

I don't think many people remember, or were around for forum donators. It was certainly before my time. A few weeks back I was asking around if people remembered any of the old events, especially the non war orientated ones, like forum chatters, but the only one most of us seemed to have ever taken part in or remember was forum elite, which many people have expressed interest in doing again, both here on the forums, and in clan chat or chat apps. From the responses I've seen on here when people have enquired about it, it would likely not run again until after the cloud fix.

Pro Member
    So what are people's personal best for donations? Mine ended around 69-70k before the gold pass 1 gem donation perk existed.

Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language.

Counting chickens. Report abuse/spam on forum.

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 134♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrial1 View Post
    So, would an idea of Forum Donation Event is still viable nowadays ? Does anyone else planning on something similar (a Req n Leave type clan for forumers to meet) ? Where do I sign up to pay it forward ????
    Sounds like a good plan :-)

Lately the only Forum Events that have been organised are the Forum CWL's, and quite frankly it has been a very hard job to fill the rosters for that. However it has been awesome to meet fellow forum users there.

We do have a discord server for the Forum Events support group: https://discord.gg/zYWJKkj

Centennial Club
    Sure, why not?
    I like these community events.

However, I am afraid that most forumers are th8+ (Mostly th 11+) so I am not sure how many low th players would participate. I think that we would have more clans willing to donate troops than actual baby THs who would come and visit.