Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 228

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL rewards and bonuses

  1. #111
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    S„o Paulo
    Posts
    5
    (is it too bad that I'm replying to my own post? (^_^ ) I dug deeper and found some info and found it would be useful to put it all together in one table. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

    Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 11.23.57.png

  2. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
    Problem here is. If your rotating people in all your wars your probably going to lose all your wars.
    We ran our top 30 for 4 wars and pretty much guarantee we wont be in the 2 last spots.

    Does my clan care what happens to the 2 clans in our war that showed up with 30 th12's?? and what place they finish?
    Ummm.... no
    Maybe I come from a different point of view having played in many sporting events where this can be an issue. There is a phrase called “protect the field” which basically means it is unsportsmanlike to throw a game, match, etc. when that will impact the rest of the field. Maybe you don’t care and maybe that particular opponent doesn’t care, but it negatively impacts the entire competition. Thus, I think it is best for clans that want to rotate in lower players to put one in each war, rather than 7 of them in the last war (as an example) That will keep the competition fair/even for all.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

  3. #113
    Senior Member BlindSyphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Remember you get more medals just for moving up a place, not only for moving to a whole new league. If there is no way you can move up even one more place and want to put in some other accounts, I really doubt you would be punished. You aren't colluding with the other team. However, it might be a bit unsportsmanlike if you are impacting who IS winning the league. Who are you giving the big huge win to? A clan in second that will take over first? A low clan that won't get demoted and instead some other clan will get demoted?

    Clans that want to rotate lower players in are much better off doing it throughout all of the wars rather than just one or two wars. Better off in terms of not throwing the competition.
    I disagree if you can spot the clans who are going to take 1+2 or 2+3 sacrifice and throw those wars this will give the team the most stars overall. Keep your stronger roster in for the rest of the wars so you can win as many as possible.

  4. #114
    Senior Member BlindSyphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    I would say the majority of the time moving up is the best benifit for the clan, but there are instances where 2nd or 3rd place is the wise move.
    No way every clan can win all 7 wars in every single bracket in CWL... anyone who argues anything else is delusional.
    Anyone who doesn't chase an increase of 4-12 medals in a higher league where you start most wars with a 10-20 star disadvantage (With your strongest roster) just doesn't know the value of those medals!!!!

  5. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindSyphon View Post
    I disagree if you can spot the clans who are going to take 1+2 or 2+3 sacrifice and throw those wars this will give the team the most stars overall. Keep your stronger roster in for the rest of the wars so you can win as many as possible.
    You said you disagree, but note I wasn’t referencing what would work out best for your clan. I was describing what I thought was what is best for the competition. I agree what is best for maximizing your own clan’s medals is to wait until your position is solidified and if you know you aren’t moving up or down in the last war just go ahead and throw that one by putting low halls in to let them get some stars. That isn’t good for the competition if you are impacting where others place. I am sure many clans don’t care.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

  6. #116
    Senior Member BlindSyphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Remember you get more medals just for moving up a place, not only for moving to a whole new league. If there is no way you can move up even one more place and want to put in some other accounts, I really doubt you would be punished. You aren't colluding with the other team. However, it might be a bit unsportsmanlike if you are impacting who IS winning the league. Who are you giving the big huge win to? A clan in second that will take over first? A low clan that won't get demoted and instead some other clan will get demoted?

    Clans that want to rotate lower players in are much better off doing it throughout all of the wars rather than just one or two wars. Better off in terms of not throwing the competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    You said you disagree, but note I wasnít referencing what would work out best for your clan. I was describing what I thought was what is best for the competition. I agree what is best for maximizing your own clanís medals is to wait until your position is solidified and if you know you arenít moving up or down in the last war just go ahead and throw that one by putting low halls in to let them get some stars. That isnít good for the competition if you are impacting where others place. I am sure many clans donít care.
    CWL isn't about competition as a whole though it's about farming and medals for the vast majority.

    I don't see how it can be argued that all clans should compete to go higher for more medals.
    While at the same time saying this is unsportsmanlike conduct to help other clans get more medals by getting to higher leagues.

    It could be changed to further encourage competition, but at the moment it's still all about farming.

  7. #117
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    129

    CWL extra bonus medal

    my clan is in master 3, used to have 3 extra bonus + 1 for each win for 15vs.15. shouldn't we be getting x2 the amount for 30vs.30? (6 initial extras + 2 each win)
    Fishbean (#URUQYC2)

  8. #118
    Forum Hero Warios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    7,915
    No, the bonus packs awarded are still the same amounts. 3+1 per win.
    Level: 250 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h






  9. #119
    Forum Hero Warios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    7,915
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindSyphon View Post
    No way every clan can win all 7 wars in every single bracket in CWL... anyone who argues anything else is delusional.
    Anyone who doesn't chase an increase of 4-12 medals in a higher league where you start most wars with a 10-20 star disadvantage (With your strongest roster) just doesn't know the value of those medals!!!!
    Never said that i think a clan can win all 7 wars in all the brackets, what i stated was for some clans a place of second or third is more beneficial over all, and i know this as a fact from how our second clan performs.
    Level: 250 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h






  10. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindSyphon View Post
    CWL isn't about competition as a whole though it's about farming and medals for the vast majority.

    I don't see how it can be argued that all clans should compete to go higher for more medals.
    While at the same time saying this is unsportsmanlike conduct to help other clans get more medals by getting to higher leagues.

    It could be changed to further encourage competition, but at the moment it's still all about farming.
    I didn't say all clans should compete to go higher for more medals, although if I did it wouldn't at all be inconsistent with also saying it is unsportsmanlike to help one other clan get more medals by throwing one war.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •