Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wow easy cwl

Quote Originally Posted by Arrisirjoe View Post
    Agree. We were seeded in Crystal 1 with 3 or 4 (don't remember exactly) non-rushed TH12 rest TH11 a couple of 10s and 9s. All normally developed bases (no engineering). And we remained there for 3 seasons before moving up to M3 due to normal base progression. I can't believe you were seeded so low with at least some TH12, not to say 4 or 5. That simply can't be. So i guess yuor roster wasn't the same as it is now, even while obviously some of your players have been upgrading since.
    Anyway let me tell you that after you get to Masters you will have a harder time. Current war (3-0 so far) we had similar TH distributions our first 3 war days. This day we have 15 non-rushed TH12 to face (we have 2 TH10, 5 TH11, rest TH12, so to say). For what we have seen so far opponents aren't good attackers but still our TH10s are having a very hard time scrapling some star there...
    Problem were getting is even rushed th12 have an eagle which makes our th10s tricky to get the 2 star. Then the rushed 12a just use a power potion and rip up our bottom and middle bases with e drags. No real skill involved, just shove 8 of them down with some loons and rage them through the base.

I like the idea of hero and power potions but really think should be banned for war

Quote Originally Posted by RazorUltron View Post
    Problem we’re getting is even rushed th12 have an eagle which makes our th10s tricky to get the 2 star. Then the rushed 12a just use a power potion and rip up our bottom and middle bases with e drags. No real skill involved, just shove 8 of them down with some loons and rage them through the base.

I like the idea of hero and power potions but really think should be banned for war
    I don’t think those potions should be banned from CWL where there is no weight to the match anyway. I do think they should be banned from regular war because it allows the players a way around the weight based matchmaker. Anyway, those th12 clans will move up and out of your league or you will get demoted down to an easier league. Either way it will get easier (unless you already are finishing about in the middle of the pack each season, in which case it sounds like you are in a good spot).
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I don’t think those potions should be banned from CWL where there is no weight to the match anyway. I do think they should be banned from regular war because it allows the players a way around the weight based matchmaker. Anyway, those th12 clans will move up and out of your league or you will get demoted down to an easier league. Either way it will get easier (unless you already are finishing about in the middle of the pack each season, in which case it sounds like you are in a good spot).
    You say that but so far weve been out matched in 6/7 in terms of 12s and 11s and only 1 goes up.

Its an odd one as previous 3 months weve come 4th 3rd and 2nd with generally fair match ups. We have no more or less th12s (we dont have much turn over at the top of our clan) but this time were up against it and at the moment are fighting it out with 1 other clan for 6th and 7th place.

Dont get me wrong Im not trying to be one of those moaning about it being unfair, I just think its an odd month or maybe those clans that were in low crystal / high gold before the medal re work are making their way up the leagues and were now too high. But still think rushing a base to th12, sticking an eagle in it and an extra inferno so youre near on impossible to 3 star for any th10 and most low 11s and then just power portioning your e drags to demolish your mirror is a tad dull and against the whole idea of skill being the deciding factor.

You say that but so far we’ve been out matched in 6/7 in terms of 12s and 11s and only 1 goes up.

It’s an odd one as previous 3 months we’ve come 4th 3rd and 2nd with generally fair match ups. We have no more or less th12s (we don’t have much turn over at the top of our clan) but this time we’re up against it and at the moment are fighting it out with 1 other clan for 6th and 7th place.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to be one of those moaning about it being unfair, I just think it’s an odd month or maybe those clans that were in low crystal / high gold before the medal re work are making their way up the leagues and we’re now too high. But still think rushing a base to th12, sticking an eagle in it and an extra inferno so you’re near on impossible to 3 star for any th10 and most low 11s and then just power portioning your e drags to demolish your mirror is a tad dull and against the whole idea of skill being the deciding factor.
    Skill obviously isn't THE deciding factor. It is a factor in how high you can push with your clan. There is a wall you will hit where skill can't compensate for bigger guns though.

The matchup have been a bit weird last month and this month. I do agree that there are clans that were sandbagging low that are working up and throwing things off. We had the top two clans in last round and this one show up with 8 to 10 th12s and rest 11s in crystal 2. It's all going to be a big muddle for a while. We're just trying to get everyone 8 stars and not get demoted. Looks like 3 war wins and a 5th place finish. Not too shabby for running th9 up to 12 with only 2 or 3 12s each round.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Skill obviously isn't THE deciding factor. It is a factor in how high you can push with your clan. There is a wall you will hit where skill can't compensate for bigger guns though.

The matchup have been a bit weird last month and this month. I do agree that there are clans that were sandbagging low that are working up and throwing things off. We had the top two clans in last round and this one show up with 8 to 10 th12s and rest 11s in crystal 2. It's all going to be a big muddle for a while. We're just trying to get everyone 8 stars and not get demoted. Looks like 3 war wins and a 5th place finish. Not too shabby for running th9 up to 12 with only 2 or 3 12s each round.
    Same with us in Crystal 3. Normally, the top 2 clans tend to be pre determined, as they are the big boys.
    This season, there are 4 of them, although the 4th placed clan carries some engineered 11s, and more 10s.
    Still too much for our roster tho.

We did include 2 heavier bases as dummies from day 2. They wont attack, but help to limit the damage coming the other way.
    We are comfortable in 5th, and have been since start of day 5. We are too big for the bottom clans, and neither big enough, nor good enough, to challenge the 4 above us.. 50 stars plus below them, 50 stars plus above the others on day 6. Funny old season.

Our seasonal expectations will be met again tho, staying in the tier.
    With our make up, that is unlikely to change.. We are heavy enough at the top half, so that we arent at severe risk of demotion.. But our membership are impossible to manage. They dont even know where the opt in/out button is, so designating targets is great fun, so long as you have the e-ink to waste. And some dont like the look of white or blue buildings, so you better get in quick if you are an 8 or a 9. The rest simply hit their mirrors, even tho they havent a chance, and are told to ignore them. It is what it is tho.

Still, the guys are having their fun, the accounts are growing (god help us when we go back to regular spin), and we will be in Crystal 3 next season.. All good stuff.

CWL is about skill and growth. Both are required for continued success. Even then, only the best players can be the best clan eventually.
    Dont know why people keep saying there is no skill, simply because their roster has pushed as far as their weight can realistically go.
    I would think that is achievement in itself, not a reason to complain.
    Just because a rushed account actually has some benefit in cwl, it isnt a sign of a broken system. Maybe it is better strategy to take those 10s straight to 12, if you feel its more beneficial.

I am glad my rushed 12 gets a run out. It will simply hand out wreckers for the next 3 weeks. And I simply roll bases by raging edrags lol (well, that is my intention. Dont always go to plan).
    But rolling over th10s?.. HaHa, fat chance in our clan mate.

You say that but so far we’ve been out matched in 6/7 in terms of 12s and 11s and only 1 goes up.

It’s an odd one as previous 3 months we’ve come 4th 3rd and 2nd with generally fair match ups. We have no more or less th12s (we don’t have much turn over at the top of our clan) but this time we’re up against it and at the moment are fighting it out with 1 other clan for 6th and 7th place.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to be one of those moaning about it being unfair, I just think it’s an odd month or maybe those clans that were in low crystal / high gold before the medal re work are making their way up the leagues and we’re now too high. But still think rushing a base to th12, sticking an eagle in it and an extra inferno so you’re near on impossible to 3 star for any th10 and most low 11s and then just power portioning your e drags to demolish your mirror is a tad dull and against the whole idea of skill being the deciding factor.
    With the randomness of the groupings, I think it is to be expected that now and then you will get lucky with an easy group and unlucky with a hard group. The lucky one will result in a lot of wins, but then promotion to a tier where you will get less wins. The unlucky draw will result in few wins, but then demotion to a tier where you will get a lot of wins. It all evens out.

Skill definitely isn’t the only deciding factor. That base progression helps for sure, but then they get promoted up to a tier where they have to fight hard to win 50% of the time, same as if they didn’t rush ahead. The only difference is they will settle in at a higher tier.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Pro Member
    near the map legend right by the seadragon

It’s an odd one as previous 3 months we’ve come 4th 3rd and 2nd with generally fair match ups. We have no more or less th12s (we don’t have much turn over at the top of our clan) but this time we’re up against it and at the moment are fighting it out with 1 other clan for 6th and 7th place. ...
    I am hoping onyx does an update on his deep dive looks at the league make ups for this cwl. My guess is two factors are hitting you this month. One is the sandbagging teams trying to push up to their proper leagues. and the second is the narrowing down of the competition due to the larger clans that had a bit wider range of town halls (and a bit less good at wars) moving to the 30v30 side of the house. Be very interesting to see if there is a significant difference in town hall levels (and spread) in the 15 and 30 size wars while being at the same ladder level.
    Free to play TH12 BK60 AQ60 GW30
    Leader of kregs

Thank you to all the players who buy gems and allow others to play for free.

Forum Veteran
    Problem we’re getting is even rushed th12 have an eagle which makes our th10s tricky to get the 2 star.
    I have had success in this situation with bb clone rage and with frozen witch. It helps that the TH12s in lower leagues tend to be super bad.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I don't think the potions should be banned at all. They're in the game anyone can use them whenever they like to.
    About those TH12 clans: they won't move up unless they know how to play. I made the example of our war some day ago. As I feared we lose that war just because our TH10 had a hard time getting 2 stars from those TH12 who were mostly well developed. On the other hand they really cound't attack: they got way less stars from every war than they could. End of war: we ended the CWL going 5-2, finished 2nd (1st was a similar clan to ours, but they beat us because they were better). Th TH12 clan ended 4th. So skill is a factor in Master. We think we belong to M3 right now but I think we will progress sooner or later with natural base progression. A clan lke that all TH12 - good bases -poor attackers will stay there unlesse they learn how to attack.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrisirjoe View Post
    I don't think the potions should be banned at all. They're in the game anyone can use them whenever they like to.
    About those TH12 clans: they won't move up unless they know how to play. I made the example of our war some day ago. As I feared we lose that war just because our TH10 had a hard time getting 2 stars from those TH12 who were mostly well developed. On the other hand they really cound't attack: they got way less stars from every war than they could. End of war: we ended the CWL going 5-2, finished 2nd (1st was a similar clan to ours, but they beat us because they were better). Th TH12 clan ended 4th. So skill is a factor in Master. We think we belong to M3 right now but I think we will progress sooner or later with natural base progression. A clan lke that all TH12 - good bases -poor attackers will stay there unlesse they learn how to attack.
    Agree.. +1. Good post. Summarises both what is happening in cwl, and how clans should be approaching it.

Those big, low skill clans are the main reason for most of the complaints. But your results showed nothing should be taken at face value. Nice one.