Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bingo derby

Quote Originally Posted by sierramike View Post
    Thanks for bingo, but never seen such an awful board. 7 of 16 are town tasks, plus have fishing, goat milk, banana pancakes and honey tea all on same board. And in a hood of 25 we are supposed to get 9 or 10 of each. Just wow. I suspect a number of those we will not even get that many opportunities in a week.
    My board is very similar to yours. It’s the worst I’ve ever gotten, and with all the individual townie tasks, it’s almost impossible for me to do (as a solo player) without spending tons of diamonds to call trains early, which I’m not willing to do. After waiting so long for a bingo derby, I’m really frustrated and disappointed.

Also, even if I had a doable board, I’d need ten 320-point tasks to reach all 9 horseshoes. And I’ve never been able to do that in any bingo derby (while doing bingo tasks), because there are always rare tasks that never show up at 320 points. So if I earn bingo rewards, I’m giving up horseshoe rewards. This doesn’t give me any incentive to work extra hard to get bingos. The only way it would be worth it (assuming I had a doable board) would be if I could be reasonably confident that I’d get permits among the extra rewards. But given the poor drop rate for derby permits I’ve been seeing lately, that doesn’t seem likely. So I’m just going to do a regular derby this time—which will make it the first bingo derby where I haven’t gotten any bingos.

But for future reference, I’d appreciate knowing what the drop rate is for permits in the extra-rewards column, if anyone is willing to post their results.

eta: I found a way to get 1 bingo, and there’s a very small chance of getting more, so I decided to wait and see if I can get the needed tasks.
    Last edited by LuvHayDay; April 24th, 2019 at 11:22 AM.

New Bloke/Chick
    Well, we just completed our 3 bingo lines (we've got an easy board...&#128522 and I have no permits as bingo rewards. I have 5 planks, 5 diamonds, a 25 hour Tom, some nails and screws and so on, but nothing special and no deco.
    ---
    And I completed my last achievement! 144 out of 144 done now.
    Last edited by cae13; April 24th, 2019 at 11:33 AM.

New Bloke/Chick
    It's really not right how they do these boards or have tasks come up. I have deleted now over 400 tasks and the last one I need to complete 3 lines NEVER shows up at a 320 and rarely at any other value. I completed 9 very quickly and was in first place and ow I am dropping because since the start there is no 320 feta task that has come up.

Meanwhile I get DOZENS of boats, trucks, train tasks but ZERO on the one I need.

Seriously HD that's ridiculous and absolutely no fun to log in every 1/2 hour to just delete tasks. How about making things equitable for everyone and put in a true balance in the tasks that come up? The game is less and less fun due to garbage like this....

alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvHayDay View Post
    My board is very similar to yours. It’s the worst I’ve ever gotten, and with all the individual townie tasks, it’s almost impossible for me to do (as a solo player) without spending tons of diamonds to call trains early, which I’m not willing to do. After waiting so long for a bingo derby, I’m really frustrated and disappointed.

Also, even if I had a doable board, I’d need ten 320-point tasks to reach all 9 horseshoes. And I’ve never been able to do that in any bingo derby (while doing bingo tasks), because there are always rare tasks that never show up at 320 points. So if I earn bingo rewards, I’m giving up horseshoe rewards. This doesn’t give me any incentive to work extra hard to get bingos. The only way it would be worth it (assuming I had a doable board) would be if I could be reasonably confident that I’d get permits among the extra rewards. But given the poor drop rate for derby permits I’ve been seeing lately, that doesn’t seem likely. So I’m just going to do a regular derby this time—which will make it the first bingo derby where I haven’t gotten any bingos.

But for future reference, I’d appreciate knowing what the drop rate is for permits in the extra-rewards column, if anyone is willing to post their results.

eta: I found a way to get 1 bingo, and there’s a very small chance of getting more, so I decided to wait and see if I can get the needed tasks.
    LuvHayDay, I am a solo player, however, I am in a NH that has 3 active non-derby players who could help me with town visitors. Maybe I am just lucky this week, but I am getting a lot of 320-pt bingo tasks. I just delete the ones I didn't want and more kept appearing. I just kept deleting ones that I didn't want while keeping an eye on which bingo lines I could go for so that I could utilize my choice of 320-pt tasks to get 3 bingo lines. There was one task that I almost gave up on...production of 25 honey toasts. That was one of the items I had stacked up and so I was ready to take the task, but it would not show up. So I completed whatever tasks I could find that were strategic enough (completed 2 bingo lines). The 3rd bingo line required collecting 63 wool which is frustratingly long but luckily with 11 empty spots on the derby board...and I kept deleting everything else...I finallyh got the honey toast task!!...so I finished fast at the end. BUT....arrgghh...one player beat me while I was waiting for my cotton to grow. So I got 3 extra bingo reward columns, but lost the gold trophy. Oh well...glad it's over. I have too many things going in my personal life to be stuck in the derby. (I deleted a total of 134 tasks). NOW...you asked about drop rates of permits...

Again, I think I might be just lucky...1st bingo reward column: 3 screws, 1 boat booster, 1 PERMIT!...2nd column: 4 panels, 4 purple vouchers, 1 PERMIT!...3rd column: 5 mallets, 5 nails, 5 green vouchers. In addition, the 4th and 7th (regular) horseshoe columns are giving me 1 permit each. So this week, without reshuffling, I am getting a total of FOUR PERMITS!...YAY!

As for town tasks...I did one actress task, one salesmen task and one general train task. What was murder to me was collecting 16 spa tasks...I did painstakingly collect 16, but ended up not taking the task as there was a better way of getting 3 bingo lines. Specific town building tasks are the hardest to do for me because other farmers don't know which visitors to release in order to provide me with a specific building. Normally I totally ignore specific building tasks...just too hard to do.

Good luck, LuvHayDay!
    HayDay Level 164
    Leader of Friendly Helpers, 163 Gold, 28 Silver, 8 Bronze
    Been playing HD 6 years

Quote Originally Posted by Xtalline View Post
    LuvHayDay, I am a solo player, however, I am in a NH that has 3 active non-derby players who could help me with town visitors. Maybe I am just lucky this week, but I am getting a lot of 320-pt bingo tasks. I just delete the ones I didn't want and more kept appearing. I just kept deleting ones that I didn't want while keeping an eye on which bingo lines I could go for so that I could utilize my choice of 320-pt tasks to get 3 bingo lines. There was one task that I almost gave up on...production of 25 honey toasts. That was one of the items I had stacked up and so I was ready to take the task, but it would not show up. So I completed whatever tasks I could find that were strategic enough (completed 2 bingo lines). The 3rd bingo line required collecting 63 wool which is frustratingly long but luckily with 11 empty spots on the derby board...and I kept deleting everything else...I finallyh got the honey toast task!!...so I finished fast at the end. BUT....arrgghh...one player beat me while I was waiting for my cotton to grow. So I got 3 extra bingo reward columns, but lost the gold trophy. Oh well...glad it's over. I have too many things going in my personal life to be stuck in the derby. (I deleted a total of 134 tasks). NOW...you asked about drop rates of permits...

Again, I think I might be just lucky...1st bingo reward column: 3 screws, 1 boat booster, 1 PERMIT!...2nd column: 4 panels, 4 purple vouchers, 1 PERMIT!...3rd column: 5 mallets, 5 nails, 5 green vouchers. In addition, the 4th and 7th (regular) horseshoe columns are giving me 1 permit each. So this week, without reshuffling, I am getting a total of FOUR PERMITS!...YAY!

As for town tasks...I did one actress task, one salesmen task and one general train task. What was murder to me was collecting 16 spa tasks...I did painstakingly collect 16, but ended up not taking the task as there was a better way of getting 3 bingo lines. Specific town building tasks are the hardest to do for me because other farmers don't know which visitors to release in order to provide me with a specific building. Normally I totally ignore specific building tasks...just too hard to do.

Good luck, LuvHayDay!
    I don't get why the spa was so awful? The specific town folk you need to complete, the building you get counted even if it is only one of three tasks from someone from your large train. You only have to serve someone in that building, you don't have to complete them. The specific building should be much easier than the specific townie.
    Last edited by sierramike; April 24th, 2019 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtalline View Post

Good luck, LuvHayDay!
    Thank you very much for your response, which I appreciate. Your experience was encouraging, and I hung in there and just now got the 10th 320-point task I need to get 3 bingos. I won’t get a trophy, and I’ll be working on my tasks for days more, but I’m glad I’ll be able to get 3 bingos (which I didn’t think I’d be able to do, given my board). My tasks are engineers, B&B, train, animal feed, fishing, potatoes, banana bread, mine, boats, and trucks. It’s a lot more work than most derbies, so I’m hoping my rewards will be as good as yours—especially since I’m giving up the trophy rewards to get them. (The top 3 spots are already gone.)

Here is our board, last Bingo tasks being done now and all 320. A good week for us.

Clover ’Girls' 20+ adult, male & female, English speaking players from around the world. 100+ cups in Champ League. Ten tasks @320/400 or opt out.
    Level 80+ please.
    Look for white dog, pink heart #2GPVQCVC

Despite the frustration experienced by some last week in Blossom, Bingo derby has been a breeze for us and we thoroughly enjoyed working as a team to get our 3 lines finished in less than 48 hours. We didn’t stipulate this timeframe, we just did it quite casually really but we communicated well and came together to make it happen. Great work from a fairly new team. Thanks SC

Working on last task

It's raining Goat Milk Tasks, but I had to wait a very long time for the Pumpkin Task.

Llabyrint (#8LLQJVC0J, where 0 is zero) Time zone UTC +2;
    level 110; town level 29; 143/144 achievements; barn and silo always full

New Bloke/Chick
    Is bingo over when you finish the first line or can we now complete additional lines once we have completed the first line?