Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Are there rewards for activity on the forums?

Banned

Are there rewards for activity on the forums?

Out of interest, I was wondering if there were awards, like giving away a load of gems, based on activity/reps in the forums. It would be an effective method of increasing activity here as well

They occasionally have contest which may provide gems, but nothing based upon activity.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    #PR2P0R0C

No there is not...and I would be averse to Supercell giving out gems for activity or presence on the forums. That would only create an echo chamber of people wanting to brownnose in order to get gems. The forums would become useless as a place of genuine feedback. Which is what SC needs this place to be. Its fine as it is, despite some people saying the forums are extremely toxic (they're not) healthy debate 99% of the time is not toxic. These forums were far more toxic in 2014 and 2015. They have aged well. They are fine as is.

Never argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Rephren View Post
    .... These forums were far more toxic in 2014 and 2015. They have aged well. They are fine as is.
    What is interesting is that "back in those days" they did select a forumer each month, giving them in-game gems, and a custom title. They stopped that shortly after I joined (early 2015). To your point, when they did reward monthly prizes, the forums were in a much worst state. The people who now post do so to contribute to the community, not for seeking "freebies" in return. So I am in agreement with you.
    Last edited by rowman; April 7th, 2019 at 06:47 PM.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    #PR2P0R0C

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    What is interesting is that "back in those days" they did select a forumer each month, giving them in-game gems, and a custom title. They stopped that shortly after I joined (early 2015). To your point, when they did reward monthly prizes, the forums were in a much worst state. The people who now post do so to contribute to the community, not for seeking "freebies" in return. So I am in agreement with you.
    While I am very much in agreement that there should not be any in game benefits from posting a lot here, I think the biggest reason for the reduction in toxicity was the unfortunate removal of the CR forums.

Although CR only accounted for about 30% of the posts, it probably made up 60-70% of the moderator workload.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Down the road, over the hill, across the lake, through the forest, under da sea, in a Whirlpool ^_^
    Why was CR so toxic? I thought people loved that game..
    Stalk me on Instagram @Clash.With.Realm (100k+ followers)

level 299 - 30m dark - 45k unbreakable - 13
    k infernos - 26k xbows
    7k eagles - 101/102 achievements - 1.3b spoils - 3.3k stars - Full Stats

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWarden0 View Post
    Out of interest, I was wondering if there were awards, like giving away a load of gems, based on activity/reps in the forums. It would be an effective method of increasing activity here as well
    I'm already getting the rewards in the form of gaining knowledge and having the opportunity to share it with others at a later date. I don't need any other rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    While I am very much in agreement that there should not be any in game benefits from posting a lot here, I think the biggest reason for the reduction in toxicity was the unfortunate removal of the CR forums.

Although CR only accounted for about 30% of the posts, it probably made up 60-70% of the moderator workload.
    The silver lining in the removal of the CR subforum is the departure of many toxic posters. And they found creative ways to express toxicity in the CR subforum per the assessment of one forum moderator. I'm still shaking my head at some posters using a serious medical and often terminal illness to describe the cards they hated.

---
    Lynn
    April 7, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; April 8th, 2019 at 04:14 AM.
    What the hell?
    The L entity is as elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

If I remember correctly you guys are still against the decision of Removal of CR and BB forums?

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SamirMishra View Post
    If I remember correctly you guys are still against the decision of Removal of CR and BB forums?
    Yes, but it's not going to be changed now
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Yes, but it's not going to be changed now
    IMO, Team CR and BB removing their presence from the SC forums and transferring their flags to Reddit indicates that each game operates independently of each other. Just because Team CoC and Team HD have an official channel in the SC forums doesn't mean that other game teams will follow the same path.

Take Team Brawlstars for example. They made the audacious move to exclude the SC forum as one of the channels for feedback from the community during a critical stage of development. It worked out well for the game as it was released globally last year. Other SC game teams in various stages of development have seen it, so the default setting to get feedback from the community may no longer be the SC forums.

The future for feedback and discussion may be in Discord, IMO. I truly hope that I'm wrong.

---
    Lynn
    April 8, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; April 8th, 2019 at 09:54 PM.
    What the hell?
    The L entity is as elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread