Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What I just learned about Master 2 in CWL

New Bloke/Chick

What I just learned about Master 2 in CWL

What Ive just learned about Master 2 in CWL is if you want to advance to Master 1, you need to have just about 15 th12's. We are currently in the 4th round and we were 3-0 with a 2 star total lead in the league. Suddenly, round 4 were playing the number 2 team in total stars. Our lineup is 8 true th12's, 4 baby th12s (literally upgraded this week), 3 th11s. Their team: All extremely strong th12's. All have max or near max heroes, strong max walls, bottom 2-3 bases don't have quite max defenses but ultimately very strong. We have no shot. They're gonna win by at least 5-7 stars. After the 10 star win bonus, we'll be down 13-15 stars with 3 wars left. I honestly have no idea how we had more total stars to begin with, maybe they were putting some weaker players in, or they were trying exotic attacks they'd never done before, id love to look. But the bottom line is that you need almost an all th12 with 5 star town halls lineup ready to truly get that garnered 1 spot to advance. Because you don't know what you will draw, whether it'll be an OK Masters 1 clan that got demoted last month, or a dormant clan inhabited by newcomer strong th12s. You need defense to win these wars because any max 12 that can semi run e-drags or bowitch will just crush the bottoms and then its too much to overcome. What's even more conclusive is that in all honesty, we should've lost the first two wars. We were very disadvantaged, they lost from bad leadership not attacking the right bases. We do have a shot in the dark as we are playing 2 of the worst teams in the last 3 rounds, we will need to put up 40 stars in each war, but thats a tall task.

Im not complaining here, just merely writing an observation. I love that only one team advances as you go up because it really weeds out all the pretenders and pits the good strong clans against each other. But anyone who is entering Masters divisions in CWL for the first time now with gold passes and all other items speeding upgrading, HEADS UP. You better bring weight. We've upgraded four players to TH12 this week to meet the task next month.

Banned
    My clan is in Crystal 1 right now. There is one other clan with the same number of stars as us but, if we win, we should be going to Masters III. I fear how many Town Hall 12s there will be in Masters III

We are 0-4, but war 5 actually can be won! Trying our hardest not to get demoted so we can just keep farming medals here in masters 2.
    We have 7 true 12s, 4 more that are rushed

Pro Member
    farming medals is definitely easier in masters 3 than masters 2...

Millennial Club
    You roll with the punches, the higher you are in CWL the tougher opponents you will face. Example, we are doing the 30v30 format while being in M2, won our first 2 (about the same lvl town hall match-up) 3 and 4 we lost, more firepower on their side, ie 25 th12s, first 20 th12.5 vs our 13 th12s.. It is what it is
    Croco1 Kenobi
    TheVagabonds: Lvl 17 War Clan | #8L2GPPPL
    Vicious Militia: Lvl 14 War Clan | #2U2QOVQ2
    Sheer Force: Lvl 12 War Clan |
    #8GU22JP0
    Discord: https://discord.gg/HHSwy6q

Quote Originally Posted by dvegas View Post
    Didnít the new rewards system change that?

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by pppla View Post
    Didn’t the new rewards system change that?
    Yes they did but he meant level of play between the two leagues

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by dvegas View Post
    You are capped for rewards at Masters 3 after 8 stars. You get more loot for 8 stars in Masters 2 than 21 stars in Masters 3.

The CWL farming meta is to seed high, get at least 1 star per war and avoid relegation. You get more loot than getting 21 stars in Masters 3.
    Last edited by move4ward; April 7th, 2019 at 08:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Well don't play it then. The game is all about having fun. If you don't find that aspect of it to be fun, then don't play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    What evidence I have seen suggests that most people are finding it fun. But obviously, not everybody will.

Centennial Club
    2 wins 2 losses currently in Masters 1. I'm a bit annoyed with my clan doing sloppy; using the same strats over and over again and not identifying the base, we'll see how the rest of the league goes.
    Last edited by Moles; April 7th, 2019 at 07:58 PM. Reason: grammar

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Moles View Post
    2 wins 2 losses currently in Masters 1. I'm a bit annoyed with my clan doing sloppy; using the same strats over and over again and not identifying the base, we'll see how the rest of the league goes.
    Thats whats great about CWL though and why it's my favorite part of the game. If thats what your clan is doing, then they don't deserve to be in Champion yet. And thats not a knock on you or your clan, its just an honest assessment. My clan is obviously not ready for Master 1. When your and My clan are ready to move up, it will move up. CWL was the best update in the game. Now in my clan we just run laid back 5v5 th12 wars when we want, recruit global players for clan games, and solely focus on CWL. We have some rushed th12s now because they don't war in random spins, the medals, clan games and now single challenges will level up quicker. Supercell always manages to make the right moves.